Feb 24, 2012, 06:10 PM
3D Toy Designer
Thread OP
Build Log

2013 PSS Fest Secret Project

Hello All, ...

This is the start to the secret project for the 2013 PSS Fest. Pictures of the plane will be scarce, but I will post pictures tht only show what I am making and it should prove to be interesting to see if I slip up and people go looking in the background of the pictures for hints.

Anyway Here is were I stand to date, ...

• Plans, ... YES!
  • Canopy, ... YES!
  • Cowl, ... YES!
  • Horizontal and Elevator, ... YES! (also hinged0
  • Vertical and Rudder, ... YES! (also hinged)
  • Wing CNC Cut, ... YES!
  • Foam for fuselage, ... YES!, ... (ordered and Rick Schwimmer picked it up)
  • Documentation, ... YES!
  • Goodies causing it to be a secret project, ... (Most of it, ... I'm building a bread board design)

Well, ... as you can see, ... The Dauntless took some time, ... the Beech is humming along compared to the Dauntless and the Secret Project, ... should FLY BY very quickly.

Stay tuned, ... even though it's going to be secret, ... I'm pretty sure it wont stay that way with all you snoopy people looking at what's in the photos backgrounds on this forum. After all, ... that's how Doogie got busted last time during fest building.

Bill
Last edited by MicroRotors; Feb 24, 2012 at 06:26 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 24, 2012, 07:39 PM
Airplane Killer
Love your stuff, Bill! I'm subscribed...
ribbet,
Dave
Feb 24, 2012, 07:50 PM
VTPR & Slope Aerobatics
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroRotors
Goodies causing it to be a secret project, ... (Most of it, ... I'm building a bread board design)

My only possible explanation for why any PSS glider might need a bread board (I'm assuming it has to be for flight control?)

Steve
Feb 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
S.L.O.P.E.
hey, I thought only San Diego guys started that early for a fest build! oh right, bill does scratch builds with incredible detail and we chug along with short kits!
Feb 24, 2012, 10:18 PM
Im starting my bulid of a 116inch U2 spyplane full detail and making mold.... im very excited for this event in 2013
Feb 24, 2012, 10:29 PM
3D Toy Designer
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by slopein scale
Im starting my bulid of a 116inch U2 spyplane full detail and making mold.... im very excited for this event in 2013
You my friend, ... are in for a treat. Slightly more than a year and a mold to boot, I wish you luck. Do a build thread for it, I'd love to watch.

Any other PSS monsters for 2013?

Bill
Feb 24, 2012, 10:32 PM
On it... well start the bulid thread tomorrow... gotta take some pics and ill post them... we gotta do a monster pss formation flight
Feb 24, 2012, 10:34 PM
Ninja Master
I've still got my Lansen to maiden, allthough it will probably fly before 2013. Looking forward to this build...
Feb 24, 2012, 10:41 PM
3D Toy Designer
Thread OP
Steve,

If I start answering all the questions, ... law of averages dictate that it would be guessed unless I flat out lied about the project, which isn't me. So I will answer your question with the only hint I will give out.

Think outside the box, REALLY outside the box. The bar has risen again, ... but this time, ... were using these, these days, ...

Bill

Feb 25, 2012, 12:59 PM
Sherpa

TMZ strikes again

Man those TMZ reporters never miss a beat. These are the first pictures of Bill's "Secret Project". With reporters like these guys this project won't be secret for long.
Feb 25, 2012, 01:05 PM
I like the "putting green" fake grass!!!
Feb 25, 2012, 01:10 PM
3D Toy Designer
Thread OP
Thanks Rick,

I had to take a second look at the pictures to make sure they cut it right. YUP, ... they did, ... COOL!

One of the best $35.00 I have spent.

Rick, ... I called them and asked them if I should pay for it over the phone AFTER you already picked it up, ... they told me they will call me back some time next week about it. I guess their not to worried about money.

Again Rick, ... Thanks

Bill
Feb 25, 2012, 04:19 PM
Sherpa
Bill,

No problems. Glad to help in your secret project. Now can you tell me what it is?

Doug, FAKE GRASS??!! That's as real as it gets here in the land of golf courses.

Sherpa
Feb 25, 2012, 08:30 PM
Good, fast or cheap, pick two
Following this thread as closely as I follow your others Bill- looking for "hints" along the way! Something tells me this is going to be good!
Feb 26, 2012, 02:12 PM
3D Toy Designer
Thread OP
Thanks Guy's

I'll try to keep it as interesting as possible while trying to keep my project as secret as possible.

Bill

Quick Reply