Feb 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
Oh look a fly buzzin by !
Thread OP
Discussion

Who's REALLY Qualified to be Our LEADER ?

I look out and around and think , "Who's qualified to be our leader ?"
I look out and think, this garbage on the street looks like a circus, not a colony of intelligent, organized, efficient people. Seems the only thing that matters is a joint and a pain pill. Now go make me a company so I can sit and get some cash.
Best of luck. I'm looking to see if I can find any salvageable civilization.
Feb 24, 2012, 09:26 AM
Thread OP
Now, doesn't this look neat and organized ?

Ich freue mich auf der Straße und es sieht aus wie ein Zirkus.
Last edited by Chophop; Jan 11, 2018 at 08:00 PM.
Feb 24, 2012, 12:38 PM
Suspended Account
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Last edited by DLGjunkyard; Oct 03, 2018 at 05:49 AM.
Feb 24, 2012, 01:44 PM
Thread OP
I think I'll have to settle into the fact that it may be a long time before THIS circus ends.
Feb 24, 2012, 01:47 PM
Starring as Devils Advocate
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLGjunkyard
If the current crop of politicians could stop playing ping pong with their personal attacks maybe something might change but I doubt it. Pride is the underlying cause of many of America`s problems these days. That and the fact that many have been blinded by their patriotism. America is one dangerous place.
Nothing will change until all the Boomers are forced from positions of power. They have proven as a generation they simply can't or won't do anything of importance to really help this country.
Feb 24, 2012, 01:50 PM
Real Time Recon
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhotpearl
Nothing will change until all the Boomers are forced from positions of power. They have proven as a generation they simply can't or won't do anything of importance to really help this country.
Who's going to replace those"Boomers" ? The stay at home with mommy til
I'm 50 generation .
Feb 24, 2012, 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon
Who's going to replace those"Boomers" ? The stay at home with mommy til
I'm 50 generation .
You're blaming the economy on kids who can't get a job thanks to the boomers? I'm 32 and own my own house, have for 3 years, so get some facts and we'll talk.
Not to mention the Boomers on both sides are responsible for the debt, and the economy and the wars, the housing market, credit market, and media, etc..
Feb 24, 2012, 02:02 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
You're blaming the economy on kids who can't get a job thanks to the boomers? I'm 32 and own my own house, have for 3 years, so get some facts and we'll talk.
Not to mention the Boomers on both sides are responsible for the debt, and the economy and the wars, the housing market, credit market, and media, etc..
Looking at the non boomer generations I don't see anything that gives me hope. Each generation seems to want to do less and less while expecting more and more from others.
Feb 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
Oh boo hoo, it's everybody fault but mine.
Feb 24, 2012, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
Looking at the non boomer generations I don't see anything that gives me hope. Each generation seems to want to do less and less while expecting more and more from others.
Where do you get that from? Who wants something for nothing? No one I know is like that. The only thing I'm hoping for from the non boomers is a different mindset which they have. That's all we can hope for.
Feb 24, 2012, 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizz
Oh boo hoo, it's everybody fault but mine.
Says the boomers. Can't really blame the people who haven't been in control for the past 30+ years now can you? Is a 22 year old kid just graduating from college responsible for the economy being crap?
Feb 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
Thread OP
The boomers brought the largest leaps in cerebral accomplishment in known human history.
Look what we have done with the technical industry. Life was on it's way to being very fruitful and easy, some saw the sudden rise as a threat, then it suddenly settled back down. Now it looks to me like a bunch of circus freaks punching each other is seen as the good life.
Feb 24, 2012, 02:21 PM
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
Quote:
Where do you get that from? Who wants something for nothing? No one I know is like that. The only thing I'm hoping for from the non boomers is a different mindset which they have. That's all we can hope for.
When I look at the occupy movement I see primarily non boomers asking to have their school paid for, more government services, taxing others more and the list goes on and on. I am with you and hope that our gnerations are better but I only see it getting worse. Responsibility and accountbility are not taught to generations anymore. All they care about now is immiediate gratification and getting things handed to them. Fewer people are willing to work for what they need.
Feb 24, 2012, 02:22 PM
Quote:
Just so you know Pearl, BO is not a baby boomer and I for one don’t agree with the direction he wants this country to go.

I do think there is some validity in you statement though. The “can do” generation gave this country the world, and look what’s been done to it.

In regards to the OP, I don’t see any true leaders out there yet. But then I guess it depends what people’s definition of leadership is. I think this country has been blessed with very few leaders. My list going back is short:

Reagan – leader
JFK – maybe
FDR – leader, though I disagree with many of his policies
TR – leader
Lincoln – leader
Jackson – hella-leader
Washington – the ultimate leader
Feb 24, 2012, 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RumRunner_1492
When I look at the occupy movement I see primarily non boomers asking to have their school paid for, more government services, taxing others more and the list goes on and on. I am with you and hope that our gnerations are better but I only see it getting worse. Responsibility and accountbility are not taught to generations anymore. All they care about now is immiediate gratification and getting things handed to them. Fewer people are willing to work for what they need.
You forget who taught the younger generations those things, their parents...boomers.

THere are plenty of boomers in those crowds as well at occupy. Don't ever recall them demanding free stuff, more of a fair shake. I'm not an Occupy fan really but I understand their frustration.

BTW The one thing I agreed with Santorum with the other night at the debate was when he said we couldn't wait 10 years to start cutting social programs as the boomers want. They want to be grandfathered in and then the cuts can start. Selfish s
Last edited by redhotpearl; Feb 24, 2012 at 02:36 PM.

Quick Reply