Feb 22, 2012, 06:56 PM
Desert Rat
Help!

Need a new Wing for my 2m Art-Hobby Sky-E

What options do I have for a new wing for my Art-Hobby 2.0m Sky-E?

I cracked up the wing this last weekend and since I can't afford a new ship I hope to find a new wing to get her back in the air as beautiful as she was before.

I want a very light modern-foil thermalling wing that's up to 2.5 meters long to fit where the old one was. The old wing wasn't quite doing it in the thermal department and I know there are some awesome new foils to be had. Somewhere.

I'm looking for something like a Hyper/Omega/Pulsar 2.3m wing if it will work. Whatever is great for desert thermals.

The original plane was:
. 3s 1350mAh batteries (upgradable if necessary)
. Phoenix 25A ESC (Have a PHX 35A I can use)
. 30mm spinner with 13.5cm blades (long! but beautifully curved)
. AH ART-900 motor (??? - Andre suggested this motor/prop combo.)
. 1.1m long fuselage with V-tail as seen here.

I generally:
. fly in low wind conditions
. fly in warm-to-hot conditions
. hand-catch landings - the motor only spins in LAUNCH setting with the butterfly switch thrown. The throttle stick is set for "camber" (CRUISE) and "flaperon angle" (LAND)

As I hope is obvious, I really love this plane but I'm ready for a new airfoil. I want something with flaps and ailerons, fairly responsive, and good lift. I've been flying my xp4.5 DLG and I know a new wing can make this Sky-E 2m plane fly, if not as good as a DLG, then at least MUCH better than it was showing me.

Any pointers or help will be greatly appreciated.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 22, 2012, 07:05 PM
Desert Rat
I also soon need a new wing for the xp4.5 DLG, but that's a few months in the future. Maybe next year.