Feb 22, 2012, 12:45 PM
SKPERFRANK
Thread OP
Discussion

Uscg campbell wpg-32

Ahoy
Here is another collection i had for 52 years I built this when I was 20 years old when I was in the Navy. Made from paper cardstock a wood dowling. The scale is 1/192 the plans were from popular Mechanix Ilistrated 1959 edition. years gone by they use to have monthly publications of the old popular mechaniox illistrated magizines every issue had a model project and plans you can send away for for 25 cents. I sent away for a copy and built this when I was aboard ship when i was off watch or had the duty I would go down to the mess deck and builds this over a cup of hot Joe. As far as I got I had the hull and super structure done and I sent it home when I got home for a 30 day leave I would finish her up. The model is represented as per plans as she appeared in 1936 a year after her launching. all of the painting came from the paint locker aboard ship all GI iisue.

Boats
to remove ads between posts
Feb 23, 2012, 08:35 AM
Franklyn, Nice work! and to think you still have her in one piece to this day is great!

Quick Reply