This thread is privately moderated by RCPtero, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 21, 2012, 07:43 AM
KJ4YNM
Thread OP
Made a score yesterday in Raleigh at the CompUSA. Picked up a KWorld Xpert DVD Maker USB 2 interface ($29), which takes standard composite video, L/R audio and pipes it into the computer. I'm going to use my laptop as my ground station recording device.

Also, I picked up a Seiki SE131FS 13 inch 720p TV/Monitor ($79). I'll build a box around it to shade it from the sun and will serve as my ground station display for general viewing. It runs on 12v, comes with a car lighter port adapter as well as a house AC adapter, and only pulls 2 Amps. I figure on my 3S2100 cells, I can run for about an hour per pack. Should be a good use for my aging packs!

All for now. I'll post more for my current setup when I get a chance, and then will do updates as I build out my rig.

--
Tom
Feb 23, 2012, 06:47 AM
KJ4YNM
Thread OP
I connected everything together last night and tested the TV and the video capture. It all worked great! Now I need to put it together in some easy to transport and setuo configuration.

--
Tom
Mar 02, 2012, 03:35 PM
Interesting thread.

What freq are you using for your video? Thanks.
Mar 04, 2012, 09:09 PM
KJ4YNM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobermei
Interesting thread.

What freq are you using for your video? Thanks.
I'm using 900 MHz for my video feed and 2.4 GHz for my RC.

Nothing done on the FPV front this week. Been focused on the Rascal floats and a head and neck transplant for my pterodactyl.

--
Tom
Mar 14, 2012, 12:09 PM
KJ4YNM
Thread OP
Score! Picked up a GoPro Hero2 for 15% off!
Mar 14, 2012, 05:47 PM
GoPro Hero2 for 15% off! Where please??????
Mar 14, 2012, 07:38 PM
KJ4YNM
Thread OP
Staying at the Hampton Inn in Myrtle Beach. The room key has a coupon for 15% off any one item at Ron Jon Surf Shop. Was walking through and didn't see much of interest until I was about to leave and noticed a Go Pro display.

So, sadly not one I can pass along.
Mar 25, 2012, 11:58 AM
I'm interested in your Ptreodactyl setup. I have just begun testing for FPV using an EasyStar and once I am comfortable with it, will be moving the video to a Pterowerx 52" Pterodactyl for my permanent setup.

My plan is to make the neck turn side to side as a two stage unit for camera pan and the head will tilt up and down for camera tilt. Haven't decided how to mount the camera yet, as I haven't received the Pterodactyl (it's in the mail).

I'll probably do a pull / pull setup for the camera movement and mount the servos in the body

Java
Mar 25, 2012, 01:24 PM
KJ4YNM
Thread OP
Good luck with the Ptero FPV. I think it'll be cool, but foresee it being not easy. That is the pterodactyl I'm working on, and it requires two ounces of weight in the head, so that gives you weight to work with. You will need to watch the aerodynamic influence on the flight though.

I have decided my Rascal 110 will make a great FPV platform. The GoPro will mount above the windshield right in front of the wings.

--
Tom
Mar 25, 2012, 01:36 PM
Ah, yes. I'm going use just a small FPV camera with OSD and hoping to put electronics inside.

Quick Reply