Old Feb 20, 2012, 12:54 PM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
Discussion

HobbyKing missing parts

For those that know me, know that I am a BIG long time supporter of Hobbyking. But unfortunately, I broke my only rule- that is I purchased a plane from HobbyKing.

Because the price was so tempting, I purchased this:

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17628

It was missing the windshield. Anyhow, I knew it would be a long road with HK, so I went out and bought a $3 piece of PETG plastic and formed my own windshield so I can carry on.

I put in a support ticket along with photos of the entire parts of the plane and clearly showing the part that was missing.

I received a response 6 days later asking for photos of the box, plus shipping invoice, which I responded with required photos (whewww...luckily I saved those 2 boxes...they were so big, I almost threw them out)

today (approximately 11 days later), I received a response saying they are opening up a claim for me and they will contact me.

Since I already made my own from PETG, I'm not in a hurry

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=204

I will simply and detail how HK comes or does not come through. Some have said it took HK close to 1 year to send replacement parts.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2012, 10:57 PM
Find More Posts by Oregon Craig
AMA 636518 - FAA FA********
I have opened two claims on a broken on arrival part that has still not been resolved. This started last July. I know nothing will ever get fixed. The only reply I ever got from any of my tickets is that on my next order, I can receive a "random gift" Whatever TF that means. ALL I need to do is go online and chat and tell them to add my "random gift".

There won't ever be a next order, but I'm sure I won't be missing anything. I wanted my broken part replaced, not a "random gift". Not sure how that would have helped anything. Some worthless trinket.

A new wing strut, now THAT would have helped me out and maybe kept me as a customer.

Oh well. Plenty of other sources for RC stuff. Live and learn.
Old Jun 05, 2012, 01:03 PM
Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Dude, I do fly all day long!
It's been a bit over 3 months now, but today, finally, I received a new windshield for my cub. I assumed they pulled it from a kit...since there's no packaging on it or anything, just wrapped in their normal HK plastic bag.

It wasn't easy to get here, I must say, I had to constantly bug and email support, and follow-up with them. But of course I knew that from the start going in and with that I'm satisfied.

You know what though, other than being thinner material, this windshield looks almost identical to the one I made...LOL! I'm going to take the one I made off and put this one on, only because the one I made has a few scratches on it from a tumble I did the other day.