Oct 24, 2003, 04:20 PM
Quote:
sorry, planning on mid next week. abit warm here this weekend. ...........gregg
Hot is not the word for it!!

Hey Gordon,

Glad you got to experience our field. I wish there were more fields like this one. It's one of the few things that keep me in LA.

Steve
to remove ads between posts
Oct 24, 2003, 04:45 PM
Acme Powered!

Lipos

Hey I never said that I was an expert in Lipos I got a great deal on them so I am happy. Both packs together weight 43 ounces. How much does your pack weigh Gregg?

And yes Steve its hot in OC too I have the A/C on and am staying indoors. I am just glad there are no fires near me as we live in the foothills so where I am starting to think that our summer will never end and now we have Santa Ana winds coming.
Joe
Oct 24, 2003, 05:26 PM
Purple power
Thread OP

Re: Lipos

Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Elston
Hey I never said that I was an expert in Lipos I got a great deal on them so I am happy. Both packs together weight 43 ounces. How much does your pack weigh Gregg?

34oz.

Joe, i'm not an expert either. the difference is i don't give out info i know little about. you have said numerous times the "8000" pack has a sub c like shape. it doesn't.

Joe, all i'm suggesting is to be sure youhave the knowledge. before you give out advise. just so you don't think i'm singling you out, there are others out there.
Oct 24, 2003, 05:35 PM
Lithium Member
Good luck Gregg, just stay away from the fires ...
Oct 24, 2003, 05:39 PM
Acme Powered!

Lipos

No Gregg, your right I did give out incorrect information and I should have double checked my sources. And I didn't do that for that I am sorry to all you guys that think the packs are true Sub C sized packs. Even though the TP website says they are Sub C replacements I should have checked the size first. I hope that I didn't do any harm.
Joe
Oct 24, 2003, 05:53 PM
If this keeps up, Nov. 9th may be a good ground show.

Heat, Santa Ana conditions (which means strong north winds) are no good for airplanes, especially jets with lipos. Very depressing indeed. I just hate this weather or lack of it. It's good for making fires though, flies too, lots of flies!

Steve
Oct 24, 2003, 06:24 PM
It wasn't me...
Quote:
Originally posted by U812
Heat, Santa Ana conditions (which means strong north winds) are no good for airplanes, especially jets with lipos. Very depressing indeed. I just hate this weather or lack of it. It's good for making fires though, flies too, lots of flies!
It's summertime. It's supposed to be hot.

Dan
Nov 22, 2003, 04:48 PM
Purple power
Thread OP
to update this thread.
2 flights yesterday on the tp pack.

ambient temp in Arizona was 75deg.

first flight was 5 min. pack temp 100deg
second flight was 7min. pack temp 117deg.

..............gregg
Nov 22, 2003, 05:04 PM
Acme Powered!

Lipos

Cool Gregg, then mine should work real well in my Bandito. Do you think that you could have flown longer than 7 minute say 10 minutes without any problems?
Thanks Joe
Nov 22, 2003, 06:33 PM
EDF Head

Re: Lipos

Quote:
...that you could have flown longer than 7 minute say 10 minutes without any problems?
Thanks Joe
That would most likely push it, especially if the ambient temps are 75+degF.

Allow yourself a 5min flightwindow and land, plenty of safety margin regarding goarounds.
Dec 29, 2003, 11:04 PM
Purple power
Thread OP
i've been playing around with mega 30/2. i won't be using it, but had some fun with testing. i'd have to use alot of part throttle (pc gordon wouldn't like that) neither does my heat sinked controller. Herb asked me to do a thrust test before i took it apart.
the schubi produced 4.5lbs/22.24n @1350w.
hmm, nice sound too
Dec 29, 2003, 11:26 PM
What was that setup again LiPos 6S4P and the old Schubi? Current?
Dec 29, 2003, 11:36 PM
Purple power
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally posted by Kevin Cox
What was that setup again LiPos 6S4P and the old Schubi? Current?
6s4p
old schubi
63a
Dec 30, 2003, 12:31 AM
Acme Powered!

Mega

Gregg, was that a Mega 22/30/2 and 6S4P at 63 amps? Which ESC where you using and is there a difference between the new and old Schubler in amp draw.
Happy New Year Gregg and all.
Thanks Joe
Dec 30, 2003, 01:12 AM
EDF Head

Re: Mega

Quote:
...and is there a difference between the new and old Schubler in amp draw..
No not really.

Quick Reply