Apr 13, 2012, 10:11 PM
Brent 黑雁
.002 inches is .05mm. Total should require .006 inches which is .15mm per blade.
Name: Blade shims.jpg
Views: 444
Size: 75.8 KB
Description: Blade shims. 3 at .05mm to get .15mm total thickness.
This is the 1800mah 30c Jiffy battery I use. I am waiting for JST connector to replace on the battery and reroute the wire from the PCB back to the original fram position.
Name: Battery 1800.jpg
Views: 515
Size: 93.8 KB
Description: 1800 mah 30c 7.4v Jiffy. Plug needs to be changed to JST.
This is the new carbon fiber battery stop. It is cut to locate in the frame slots.
Name: Battery Stop.jpg
Views: 443
Size: 69.0 KB
Description: Carbon fiber battery stop.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 15, 2012, 01:48 PM
where do you buy the Jiffy battery from and what are your thoughts about it?? flight time power etc
Apr 15, 2012, 02:54 PM
New to hobby
BThirsk, thank you for the pictures, it is clear to me now. Now, i need to find some material to make it. Thanks
Apr 15, 2012, 05:37 PM
Brent 黑雁
The jiffy battery is from Hobby King. I decided to use them even though the ends need to be changed because the fit under the stock battery retainer. It keeps the center of gravity balanced. I have only run about 5 minutes, but voltage is still at about 7.9 when I go to charge.
This is a demo video of the MJX camera. It's a pretty good camera for cheap. $27.00 US
MJXF45C (2 min 9 sec)
Apr 16, 2012, 12:57 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
The jiffy battery is from Hobby King. I decided to use them even though the ends need to be changed because the fit under the stock battery retainer. It keeps the center of gravity balanced. I have only run about 5 minutes, but voltage is still at about 7.9 when I go to charge.
This is a demo video of the MJX camera. It's a pretty good camera for cheap. $27.00 US
http://youtu.be/XRy3-bjm97U
You must have the new Ver 2 camera. Mine has no sound. Picture quality is decent but I would like to beable to aim the camera a bit more forward.

Nice vid.
Nice weather!
Apr 16, 2012, 05:47 AM
New to hobby
I have one technical question. Has anyone tried to unmount the balance bar?
There is a small pin though the main shaft but It doesn't want to come out and I don't want to destroy it.
Any ideas?
Apr 16, 2012, 05:50 AM
Brent 黑雁
Weather here sucks other than the wind died down to about 10km. Has been 25 to 35km with snow and rain for the last week.
I must say I am really impressed with the flight handling of the F45. 10km breeze was just about like flying in dead calm. Very little effect and very little control required to counter act the breeze. This is only about flight 10 for me due to always high wind.
Camera picks up too much motor noise. I added orings between the camera mount and the frame. I'll see if that reduces the noise.
Apr 16, 2012, 06:12 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorduza View Post
There is a small pin though the main shaft but It doesn't want to come out and I don't want to destroy it.
Any ideas?
The pin is a press fit, usually in the plastic holder, but they often are tight in the shaft as well. You need to place the assembly over a vise to support the entire assembly and use a small punch to drive it out. Another alternative is a motor pinion puller if you had one that small. The one I have is for 600 size motors and the shaft is way too large, 4mm.
Apr 16, 2012, 11:02 AM
Hi everybody

Mi name is Samuel

here are some videos of my MJX F45

MJX F45 RC Helicopter Crash Indestructible, Resistance test (8 min 19 sec)

Helicopter MJX F45 Mexico Aerial Camera cerro (4 min 33 sec)

I love this helicopter I also have a E-sky Belt Cp, Trex 100, Hubsan H101F and many coaxials that no deserve be mentioned.7

The MJX F45 its my favorite due to the relation of Outdoor flying with some wind, and his crash resistance capability, tomorrow I will post on youtube my windy test flight.

There are some mods that I want to do, and know if someone have made them

1.- 2 cell 1500-1800 mAh 30c battery mod. (done)

2.- 3 cell 1500 mAh 30cbattery mod. (worried about burn the PCB)

3.- wooden blade mod (honey bee 8° wooden blades)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3DPro-Symmet...item20aebd7547

4.- Flybar mod, (remove the weights and place a paddles

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ESKY-Belt-Cp...#ht_2040wt_925

5.- servo arms mod, (find a way to have a larger arm for elevator servo, (the frame doesnt allow it)

6.- Swash plate mod.- increase the long of the balls that are conected with liks to the rotor (the swash plate stop doesnt allow it)

7.- Motor Mod, use a 380 Xtreme motor, or a brushless convertion (Im useing a E-sky 370 super motor, and the performance looks the same.)

8.- Camera mount mod. Find a way to place the camera in a position that alow a 0° vision from the helicopter.

thx for your readings.
Apr 16, 2012, 01:18 PM
I watched all of your videos on youtube I think Samuel but you risk a lot mate with children around that beast !!
Apr 16, 2012, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorduza View Post
Any ideas?
The easiest way to remove any large flybar pin is with one of these.

It is amazing how this big F45 is catching on. But what is even more amazing, is that this is MJX's first attempt at a single rotor - and it looks like they got it right!
Apr 17, 2012, 01:43 AM
HI thx for watching, yes I know it was risky in my video I said please dont do this at home,

Well the MJX its a Big helicopter,, but no as dangerous as 300 or 450 colective pitch are.

Once I had to stop the rotor head of my MJX F45 with my hand, I got bruising, but with a collective pirch I will never put my hand on the rotor.

you mean the flight tapeing the pool with children? or you mean all the videos with all these people around?

Did someone get a good mod for the MJX F45? (different from 380 Xtreme motor, and lipo battery mod?
Apr 17, 2012, 05:02 AM
New to hobby
Thakns for hints, I will try gordonzo's tool, when I find some in Czech Republic. After some unsuccessful attempts, I gave up and unmounted whole plastic head and straighten the bar by hitting it with hammer. Result is quiet good.
Although the balance bar seems less fall resistance after the fix. First rough landing bent it again a bit. Buying new one should help. My local retailer has finaly some spare parts for good prices so I can buy balance bar for $6.

I have tried my Voltage Alarm and it works like a charm. Battery's voltage after charging is 8,4V and 7,4V after flying. When under load, the battery's voltage gets to 6,6V and heli is too weak.
I have tried to set 3,4V alarm per cell and heli has still enough power (ca. 1-3min). I landed and set 3,3V alarm, when the alarm went on, F45 was already too weak.
My final settings is 3,4V and I don't have to worry about battery's life any more.
I have attached some pictures of the alarm's mount (very simple).

The video of samuelsonbm look way much better than those vids published here before, I might even think about the camera again.
Additionaly I like your mods and I await your testing. Xtreme 380 motor seems to me too expensive.

Upgrades I would like:
1# unmount tail support tubes - better forward response (done)
2# Voltage Tester and Voltage Alarm Buzzer (done)
3# Xtreme wooden blades 10° EHB004-10 (soon)
4# heatsink for 370 motor EK1-0224 (soon)
5# bigger battery ca. 2200mAh (I await gordonzo's review - perhaps I found something better)
6# brushless conversion (motor, esc, blades 8°, tail motor?) - I quit on this idea
?# camera for F45

Brushless conversion, what I found so far:
The distance in frame for the main motor is 24,5mm and to this size, there is only one motor ADH300L 3900kv/4300kv that will fit. I just don't understand how could one motor have 1100-4300kv. Or his stronger brother ADH300XL 5250kv, but is there some way to limit its power?
There is also motor that is ment for 300size heli Turnigy 2627 4200kv, but it is too big. It has a diametre of 26mm, so there is a need to make a hole in the chassis
For the tail motor I found this ADH30S ,but it will require to rebuild the tail motor mount a bit.
The ESC should have around 20A and do I need Brushless Converter, or what is it good for?
I see one more possible solution. But it is very complicated and experiential, if done wrong, it could unbalance the heli. If you put the motor from the other side, where the battery is now, it could have bigger dimensions, strong motor holder is required. Than you can put the receiver, where the 370motor was. The battery would go in diagonal direction from the bottom over the receiver, like big CP helis have.
What do you think??

Gordonzo, you are right. This heli is becoming the best buy of 2012.
Last edited by Gorduza; Apr 18, 2012 at 05:34 PM. Reason: missing ideas
Apr 17, 2012, 08:52 AM
I think that if you mod this heli too much you might as well buy a more expensive heli in the first place with brushless motors, etc!! But if your main motor gives up after maybe 100plus flights then it makes sense to upgrade to brushless if it s worth it!! What I would really like is to see if I can get longer flight times with a different battery that won't burn out the motors or pcb electronics prematurely!! other than that I should be content with stock components! and yes Gordonzo with this price I do think that it's 2012 best heli to buy for outside fun
Apr 17, 2012, 11:55 AM
Thread OP
Update on the GE Power 7.4V 2200mah battery.

Actual Size: 70mm X 34mm X 23mm
Weight: Advertised as 106g (my scale only goes to 100g)

Battery will not fit the stock battery holder of the F45. The battery tray is rounded at the top and this battery is very square and solid. The battery tray is also the pcb support.

I am currently evaluating the potential to mod the battery tray. I could also possibly mount it underneath the frame but I would have to remove my camera.

Quick Reply