May 22, 2015, 01:59 PM
Finally got my battery from banggood Lion Power 7.4v 2200mah 30c for $15, fits perfect. First ordered Feb 19, no show, e-mailed them and they sent out another order two weeks ago. With no packing slip, I now do not know if this is the original that was lost. Oh well, maybe I'll get another soon. I'm charging it now. I think I will order another Xtreme flybar because it flys it better and more nimble with very little bobbing. Cheers, Scottheli
to remove ads between posts
May 23, 2015, 05:09 AM

Temperature dependent ESC

Hi,
Is there someone here who might be able to explain this behaviour?
MJX F45 F645 brushless ESC temperature dependent (2 min 13 sec)

In words:
When the ambiant temperature is about 17 degrees celcius (62 F) or colder the ESCboard gives the beepcode for "irrigular throttle input". Whithout changing anything, only the temperature, for instance with a hairdryer, the heli works. This is at a temperature of about 20 degrees Celcius (68 F).
So when it is a nice warm afternoon it flies, but for a nice evening-flight its not possible.

Another, maybe related, issue is: Only 0-35% of the throttle stick range is used. When the brushless ESC receives 35% from the transmitter or more it spins the motor at 100%. Calibrating via the programming mode does not change this.
So throttle control is very coarse.

Any thoughts on this ? Thanks in advance.
May 23, 2015, 01:58 PM
would say you have a dry solder joint somewear on the system,and the heat is letting the joint thats faulty re connect. have a look for a dull solder joint (should be bright silver )
May 25, 2015, 02:22 PM
Hi, thanks for the response. The solder joints are all OK. This behaviour is also present with another, new, ESC-board and and even with another receiver-board. I tried all combinations.
May 25, 2015, 07:01 PM
Crash and learn
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrulSturm
When the ambiant temperature is about 17 degrees celcius (62 F) or colder the ESCboard gives the beepcode for "irrigular throttle input"
Not my turf, but since there is no throttle input, it could be a bad ground wire between receiver and ESC causing signal voltage level to vary or the detection of same (voltage level threshold) at ESC end.. A floating ground level and the ESC changes input threshold as it heats up.
Last edited by Ribble; May 25, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
May 31, 2015, 09:53 AM
Beating air into submission!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble
Not my turf, but since there is no throttle input, it could be a bad ground wire between receiver and ESC causing signal voltage level to vary or the detection of same (voltage level threshold) at ESC end.. A floating ground level and the ESC changes input threshold as it heats up.
I have to agree. I have had no problems with heat-related issues concerning my F45 brushless conversion.

Steve
May 31, 2015, 05:26 PM
After receiving my new battery, I went for a test flight and after about 5 minutes of putting around, she began acting like no power, even at full throttle. Everything is mechanically correct, spinning freely, etc. So, does it look like its time for a new motor and ESC? I am using the HK eh200 motor and Turnigy 18amp ESC. If I replace, whats the best power plant option? Oh, also I'm spinning an eleven tooth rhino pinion for a little more head speed. Or could this action be in the main board? I have a spare if you guys think that's the problem, but obviously the battery was not. Cheers, Scottheli
May 31, 2015, 06:46 PM
Beating air into submission!
Scott, I'd rethink the battery. Try an old battery if you still have one that's good. Seldom do both ESCs and brushless motors go bad at the same time. The EH200 and Turnigy 18 amp ESC are both pretty bulletproof. I have seen where one can receive a new battery and have it be bad right off the get-go.

Steve
Jun 03, 2015, 05:47 AM
I would definately say look @ your battery as the problem, My birds will do the same thing as a battery is dying of use & age. Replace the battery with a known new good one & your problem will go away. Sometimes trying to milk the last few flights will cause you to loose a heli in a tree or a bad crash, been there, done that!
Jun 04, 2015, 01:52 PM
If anyone is in the market for a really nice fp heli drop me a pm. I have an as new F49 RTF with two canopies and two new batteries. I will be posting it to the classifieds as soon as I get home and snap a few photos tonight Price is going to be very reasonable. Got to raise funds for the V450D02 I just ordered .
Jun 05, 2015, 03:48 PM
The battery is brand new and acts the same as my old one did. The old one did not do this at first though. That's why I bought a new battery and it seems to drain quickly. They are the el cheapos from banggood. The main reason I bought these is that the size is perfect for balance and they have the deans plug on them. How do I test the motor and esc for problems? They are fine for 5 minutues, then it starts dropping and I have to land, but the battery alarm has not sounded. Also would the main board have something to do with this problem? Oh, this heli does not get abused or flown that much. It has maybe 70 flights. If the Lion power batteries from banggood are junk, what is the best for the money that is sized right? Scottheli
Jun 09, 2015, 11:54 AM
With the bigger battery, nose weight, light kit, wiring, and fake turbine(walkera), battery alarm and Xtreme Aluminum head, I think she just does not have enough lift with the Xtreme blades. Is there any manufacturer that makes bigger or better fixed pitch blades that will provide a little more lift power while still being pitched enough to be agile. The Xtremes were fine until a little weight was added. The stock blades just suck. The Xtremes could have easily been a half inch longer and a bit stiffer and that would have done it, however they were not intended for this helicopter. Since the F-49 is supposedly larger, are there any new blades for it. I think Xtreme could sell a lot if they made them for this bird instead of the honey bee. I have seen the super xp blades and some have bragged on them, but not with some added weight. Also they do not look that great. What would be the best way to stiffen the Xtreme blades or is that impossible? I would hate to have to remove all the goodies. Or do you guys think swapping the pinion from an 11 tooth rhino to a 12 tooth rhino for more head speed would do the trick? I do not fly it a lot anymore, but would love for it to fly with a little more authority. I have not seen many on here much so I'm interested in what you all think since the battery, motor and ESC seem to be operating correct. She now just seems to be lacking power and lift. Also, what the biggest ESC this set up will handle, and what would happen if I went to like a 20 amp ESC? Sure am curious Scottheli
Jun 09, 2015, 11:58 PM
Hi, Scott, don't know if you remember me. You and Steve helped me put my F45 together with the brushless motor and all. I got 2 of those Lion power, 2200 mah, 7.4 v battery's and they where just to big and heavy. I think we talk about it? Would not fit in side the nose, so I velcro them to the bottom with a velcro strap and they where just to heavy. So I went to a Turnigy ,nano-tech 2000mah, 7.4v and to me they work just fine. Fit in the nose and fly for ever. You guys know a lot more about this set up than me. I have been flying the 200srx more than anything else, but Hi, Pat
Jun 11, 2015, 06:26 PM
Hey Patrick, yeah its been a while, but yes I remember you well. How's it going? I tend to definitely agree about the weight, but it did not act like this at first with the other lion power battery, but she does feel heavier than stock for sure. I suppose some larger, stiffer blades would help too. Oh well, probably not gonna buy another battery unless a new 300 size heli comes out that flys well and these batteries will fit. Anyways, shes flys like a beast all lit up for a full 5 minutes, so what the heck? Oh yeah mine needed nose weight to be balanced with all the goodies on it so really this size battery would work well if it were a top name brand that is way more powerful and expensive too. Cheers for now and keep on flyin em, Scottheli
Jun 11, 2015, 07:04 PM
Hey, Hi, Scott, good to hear from you too, where's Steve? Anyway I haven't seen your 45 lite up or all the things you've done to it. You'll laugh, but I bought a new F45 just because, so now I have 2 one new never flown yet and the other, well lets see very well flown!!! All the things we did to it sure made a big difference and it's a lot tougher than the 200srx. Guess I'll half to put lights on mine to. Used the DElight kit on the 200 worked good, how did you do yours? Ok, yeah I'm begging for videos, LOL. GOOD FLYING Pat

Quick Reply