May 30, 2012, 01:32 PM
Sorry they removed the listing
to remove ads between posts
May 30, 2012, 02:25 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly View Post
If you go to your LHS and look for the eflight:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1306801384...#ht_2159wt_952
Do you think this one would fit between the frame plates? It looks like it doesn't stick out much on the sides of the heat sink.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/133-2x-24mm-...item2c65204d21

How much room is there around the stock brushed motor and frame sides for a heat sink? I don't have the F-45 yet, so trying to get an idea on what heat sink will fit best.
Last edited by Hayabusa Heli; May 30, 2012 at 02:31 PM.
May 30, 2012, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
I think something like that happened to me this morning after abt 5 mins flight I suddenly seemed to lose control of the heli it starting twitching and tail was unsteady but I thought it was a fluke or reception problem!! Next flight I will keep heli as near me as possible when nearing the 5 min mark coz it gave me a real scare thought I was going to crash from abt 50ft high!!
then will soon die the tail motor. the twitching is if the carbon brushes are at the end. itīs the same as me. today i tested the Xtreme Direct Drive Tail from Honey Bee FP. but itīs not better as the original. now i will go to brushless. i mod a old Turnigy 6A ESC like this http://home.versanet.de/~b-konze/blc_6a/blc_6a.htm
It saves the pwm to ppm converter and now i wait for the motor. next try
May 30, 2012, 04:36 PM
Tom

First flight - I'm impressed

After being one of the first DH9117 owners and being greatly disappointed, decided to try out the MJX. While this is old news to everyone here, it is so much better than the Double Horse that it's in a different league. Still like the little 9116 but this MJX is everything the 9117 should have been. Flies beautifully, seems to be so much better made - just the beefy main shaft tells me that. While the TX feels somewhat like a toy, range seemed to be quite decent.

I did notice one thing and maybe someone has experienced this - mine said Mode 2 on the transmitter screen and the sticks were set that way. However, rudder was being controlled by the right stick and ailerons by the left. Set it to mode 4 and all is right with the world but clearly something got assembled backwards. Any thoughts or ideas? Not a big deal as I'll just leave it set to mode 4 but am curious as to why it's setup this way.
May 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
Closed Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom4416 View Post
I did notice one thing and maybe someone has experienced this - mine said Mode 2 on the transmitter screen and the sticks were set that way. However, rudder was being controlled by the right stick and ailerons by the left. Set it to mode 4 and all is right with the world but clearly something got assembled backwards. Any thoughts or ideas? Not a big deal as I'll just leave it set to mode 4 but am curious as to why it's setup this way.
That's "normal" with the F45... Not to worry, just keep it set at Mode 4.
May 30, 2012, 04:51 PM
Heli Mania
Quote:
It's been talked about in the past few days or so. When it says you're in Mode 2, it's really in Mode 4 ... and when it's in Mode 4, it's really in Mode 2.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=653

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=674
May 30, 2012, 05:53 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
After being one of the first DH9117 owners and being greatly disappointed, decided to try out the MJX. While this is old news to everyone here, it is so much better than the Double Horse that it's in a different league. Still like the little 9116 but this MJX is everything the 9117 should have been. Flies beautifully, seems to be so much better made - just the beefy main shaft tells me that. While the TX feels somewhat like a toy, range seemed to be quite decent.

Welcome. You made the right decision.
I only fly my 9116 about once to every 10 flights with the MJX. The MJX handles breeze soo much better.
May 30, 2012, 08:05 PM
Quote:

Thats what I see as the only major downfall of the F45........the transmitter is garbage. Wish it bound with the 9X.
May 31, 2012, 03:01 AM
Closed Account

running downhill...

Reading through this thread, in the beginning - nothing but positive, glowing comments; excitement, energy, positive...

And now, coming up on close to 60 posts, running down, negatives, picking things apart.

Human nature I suppose, we all continually seek our own brand of perfection.

In this "world", I am thinking... can perfection be possibly attained simply by building one's own machine from scratch??

Just my simple minded thoughts...

On a positive note: I finally got credit from Amazon so I'll soon be ordering my F45.

Happy flying, gang

... Lennie

May 31, 2012, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Reading through this thread, in the beginning - nothing but positive, glowing comments; excitement, energy, positive...

And now, coming up on close to 60 posts, running down, negatives, picking things apart.

Human nature I suppose, we all continually seek our own brand of perfection.

In this "world", I am thinking... can perfection be possibly attained simply by building one's own machine from scratch??

Just my simple minded thoughts...

On a positive note: I finally got credit from Amazon so I'll soon be ordering my F45.

Happy flying, gang

... Lennie

For those posting the negative comments I can say nothing but for me for 110usd this is still the best heli to buy and I don't know why they say the transmitter is garbage!!! Go buy a good transmitter and you ll pay 3 times this heli's price IMO!! For me I'm quite happy with this transmitter it has good feel and you can also adjust the lengths of the sticks which is also a nice touch. Man this only costs 110usd!!
May 31, 2012, 04:56 AM
Slope Slope Slope
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
For those posting the negative comments I can say nothing but for me for 110usd this is still the best heli to buy and I don't know why they say the transmitter is garbage!!! Go buy a good transmitter and you ll pay 3 times this heli's price IMO!! For me I'm quite happy with this transmitter it has good feel and you can also adjust the lengths of the sticks which is also a nice touch. Man this only costs 110usd!!
Too right mate, spot on. If you want the best, look elsewhere. The f45 is a starters Heli, or just something for a bit of fun.

It's not some trex wannabe
May 31, 2012, 07:40 AM
Brent 黑雁
I did another test this morning with the 11.1 volt 3s battery running the brushless main motor.
Test 5minutes.
11.1v 800mah elite 3s battery voltage at the end of flight 11.61 volts
7.4v 600 mah DH ( not lipo) 2s voltage at the end of flight 8.04 volts

After this test, I am becoming convinced that 3s batteries are the way to go to drive the brushless motor. I still had lots of power at the end of the flight and was not near my self imposed cut off point of 11.1 volts.
One thing I did notice is when using the separate battery packs, my tail motor seemed to hold better. It was pretty calm out on both my test flights, so it could be my imagination.
My thoughts are a 1300mah for the main motor and a 600mah for the pcb and tail will allow sufficient flight time with no noticeable loss of power.
May 31, 2012, 07:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Too right mate, spot on. If you want the best, look elsewhere. The f45 is a starters Heli, or just something for a bit of fun.

It's not some trex wannabe
My $38 V911 has a more precise transmitter with much better gimbals. Every heli in every price range has good and bad aspects. My Align helis have good and bad apsects as well. Reporting that everything is 100% wonderful doesn't do anyone any good.......mainly the smart educated consumer.

The OP was gaga over this heli and for good reason........its a good inexpensive FP heli. But, it does have flaws, and I'm sure prospective buyers would want to know of them. The transmitter IS garbage and the motor gets smoking hot even after one 10 minute flight. Do these things make this a bad heli, hell no, but its good to let other thread subscribers know about them!
May 31, 2012, 08:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seefest View Post
My $38 V911 has a more precise transmitter with much better gimbals. Every heli in every price range has good and bad aspects. My Align helis have good and bad apsects as well. Reporting that everything is 100% wonderful doesn't do anyone any good.......mainly the smart educated consumer.

The OP was gaga over this heli and for good reason........its a good inexpensive FP heli. But, it does have flaws, and I'm sure prospective buyers would want to know of them. The transmitter IS garbage and the motor gets smoking hot even after one 10 minute flight. Do these things make this a bad heli, hell no, but its good to let other thread subscribers know about them!
Sorry mate I do not agree abt the tx being garbage. It does it's job very well and you really can't compare it to the V911 tx come on what is it that the V911 tx has better than the MJX one??? The V911 tx feels more precise to you because the heli is small and nimble can't compare to a heli 5 6 times larger mate sorry!! And it has throttle settings, airelon and elev and rudder as well not just slow or fast rates you can customise it much better than the V911 tx and you can use mode 1 or mode 2 the v911 tx doesn't have those. But I won't say the V911 tx is garbage because it's a cheap alternative for people who want to fly to have fun and not worry abt crashing a breaking expensive parts!!
May 31, 2012, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk View Post
I did another test this morning with the 11.1 volt 3s battery running the brushless main motor.
Test 5minutes.
11.1v 800mah elite 3s battery voltage at the end of flight 11.61 volts
7.4v 600 mah DH ( not lipo) 2s voltage at the end of flight 8.04 volts

After this test, I am becoming convinced that 3s batteries are the way to go to drive the brushless motor. I still had lots of power at the end of the flight and was not near my self imposed cut off point of 11.1 volts.
One thing I did notice is when using the separate battery packs, my tail motor seemed to hold better. It was pretty calm out on both my test flights, so it could be my imagination.
My thoughts are a 1300mah for the main motor and a 600mah for the pcb and tail will allow sufficient flight time with no noticeable loss of power.
I think I willl convert back to brushed motor and keep this BLmotor and esc for a cp heli build kit. What size would you think I should buy to be the best match for this BL motor?

Quick Reply