Feb 14, 2013, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc
While I am thinking about it, can any of you point me to a different canopy for my F45? I have busted/repaired/busted/repeated this one to death. It weighs more than the rest of the heli now! I don't care what brand it is, so long as it's a bit more sturdy.

Canopy and skids. I'm gonna go broke replacing them! It would be far cheaper just to land the darn heli, but I'm too stubborn for that. LOL
KP, since i modded my landing gear, I have yet to replace it. Yea I pop a few tywraps on a hard landing... YEA I have bent the 'legs' back to where the pontoon was pinned against the upper half of the copter... and, Y-E-A my landing gear doesnt break. I made 1 set so the copter sits an inch or so higher (i have fear when the tail rotor starts moving snow/dirt) that along with the 10" pontoons is my fav. I wont even buy another set of the plastic gear. The last set of stock gear broke from a 1 foot drop. Did I mention my landing gear doesnt break?
I 'pushed the button' on the bell 300 canopy. Link = http://www.ebay.com/itm/Syma-Schweiz...item564d484aa4 AND its cheaper than a stock one... looks rather fetching too.
Got this link for alot of diff canopys on fleabay: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...icopter+canopy
The lads say 450 canopys fit with room to spare for them aftermarket battery mods
to remove ads between posts
Feb 14, 2013, 06:53 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld
The lads say 450 canopys fit with room to spare for them aftermarket battery mods
They do have lots more room, but you will have more issues with flybar strikes with most 450 canopys.
Feb 14, 2013, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
They do have lots more room, but you will have more issues with flybar strikes with most 450 canopys.
thats true, my 'foamie' canopy got shattered from a FB strike
Feb 14, 2013, 07:32 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Thanks fellas.

The Blade CP canopy looks identical to the F45, and I assume the F39 and F40 use the same ones as well, just different colors.

I'd prefer a fiberglass one, but they are more expensive. When I finally get the BL motor, I'm gonna give the whole heli a personality change...
Feb 14, 2013, 08:05 PM
Hey all, my test flight with the EC-135 was not so good. I had to add a socket in the nose for balance and forward authority. When I used rudder, it wanted to move forward and quick, and then did not want to stop with full reverse cyclic and full throttle. I finally did get my Nano Tech 2000 today though, so I might see the motor and ESC next. So, looks like the upgrade build with switches and LED's is next. I think I'm gonna stay pod and boom for a while, and maybe order a decent camera. Keep on flying and save your fuselages for something ccpm 6channel for more authority ans less crashes. EC-135 was hard as heck to fly and control, so back to pod and boom. Cheers ScottHeli
Feb 14, 2013, 08:15 PM
Quote:
So, looks like the upgrade build with switches and LED's is next.
You guys are killing me. WHERE ARE MY PARTS?????? LOL

End of rant. Apologies to all!
Feb 14, 2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier
After a dozen flights with my F45/8019 airwolf fuselage, the fuselage was hit badly right on the turbine exhaust (rear) by the flybar. May be you should consider shortening the flybar ? I will fill the 2" hole on mine with some kind of neoprene.

For good flying the battery must be in the front as much as possible, well over the front wheel.
Thanks mate, i've been wondering about that weight balance. I'm still figuring out how to mount it all and make the battery easy to get at. May stick with one battery and just re route the wires a bit. This shell has over 30 little screws and I don't want to have to take them out each time for a fresh battery.
Feb 14, 2013, 09:34 PM

Canopy from double horse 9104

You might recall I didn't like the stock canopy so replaced it with one from double horse 9104, from rcroanoke. The one from DH 9117 should work also. Also had no problem with it fitting over nano tech 2000 mah, just had to make new holes for grips.
Feb 14, 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote:
You might recall I didn't like the stock canopy so replaced it with one from double horse 9104, from rcroanoke. The one from DH 9117 should work also. Also had no problem with it fitting over nano tech 2000 mah, just had to make new holes for grips.
Thanks for all the great suggestions fellas! Definitely gives me a few to pick from.

Sorry to have asked, but the F45 is the biggest Heli I've got!
Feb 14, 2013, 10:54 PM
Dropped the new main motor in Greenbird earlier. Tidy'd up the wiring harness with some small black cable cover I found in a dumpster, while i had 'er split apart... More tape on the green canopy... WHERE IS THE POD SHROUD??? Oh I sucessfully repaired a tail rotor blade, balanced nicely... Anyways ran a battery through Redbird and 4 through Greenbird after the winds calmed down. Greenbird flies quite different from Redbird, is much more precise and doesnt waver hardly at all... unlike Redbird. FF into a nice breeze from about 85 feet up is fun... Got 1 stock battery I can get 8 min flight time outta. The other 2... 5-6 min average I even did some 'street sweeper' runs blowing the snow as I cruise along. An Excellent Day... and 'that sound' of the main rotor... priceless
cheers lads
btw the 4002 camera fails to operate now dunno why
Feb 15, 2013, 02:04 AM

MJX #4002 Camera Fix

Good news, I figured out the issue with the MJX #4002 camera. The micro SD memory card MUST be formatted 'FAT32' file system. Default file system on the memory card is 'FAT' and that doesnt work with the camera.
Video/piccys to come
cheers
Bob
Feb 15, 2013, 02:29 AM
Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Here's the latest addition to my fleet.
I have 2 of those they are fantastic to fly from slow to fast and they are very stable and perfect for a beginner or an expert.
Feb 15, 2013, 04:18 AM
Eugene
I got my new Turnigy Accucel 6 Charger today and a few people are complaining that the new model doesn't have the option to calibrate the charger anymore.
Well mine dose have it and it's the latest model?

It is so good to be back up and flyin again.

And yes as I suspected now that I have done the BL kit mod I am getting longer flights I will do a time stamp the next time I fly but it's definitely longer.
Feb 15, 2013, 07:41 AM
Happy Flying

F45 Tail Motor

First I like to say I've been reading a lot of the post starting from the beginning about the first 100 then jump around trying to play catch up with what going on in here.
I seen where other have mount a switch to turn on/off the power I also had added a small toggle switch from Radio Shack to the side of my F45 and work great for turning on/off the power.

Now I seen lots of post talking about the brushless upgrades but nothing much about the tail motor upgrades as far as brushless anyone done anything in this area?

Also have a question I see that when using a main brushless motor there plugging it into the empty slot on the pcb, okay now this maybe a dump question but what would happen if one was to used one of these brush to brushless conversion kits and plug it into the slot where your tail motor is connected what would happen ? Just wondering I not sure if the brush to brushless esc has 2 or 3 wire connection.

Feb 15, 2013, 08:06 AM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpinnc
Congrats Fin! You should go buy a lottery ticket before your luck changes! LOL

BL ESC switches:

Radio Shack has several 15-18 amp 5-12 VDC plastic switches, many with LED back lights. They aren't very small, but they are primarily plastic, so they are very light weight. The one I have is lit red when off, and green when switched on. I'm gonna mount it on the back of the heli between the frame halves, so when I add my light kit orientation should be very nice.

Seeing all the BL mods is killing me! How freaking long does it take to get stuff from HK China???? Jeez!
Unfortunately Radio Shack doesn't know where Germany is, but I'll see if I can find something similar here if my mini switch doesn't pass the bench test.

+1 on that kpinnc. Too windy to fly, no BL motor or ESC, no connectors yet to fix my charger lead... where's the whisky .

Then again, I COULD bench test BB I and set it up again, but I still can't get out to test it, and The Wife won't let me hover it in the living room any more... her plants put in a protest .

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld
EXCELLENT Fin, your Bigbird came home after a wee holiday. I hope all is well
Well all the bits are still on Bob, so it didn't lose anything on the holidays . Did have a bit of an "oops" moment with the battery . Should just have junked it in the first place instead of trying to salvage it...

Quick Reply