Jan 25, 2013, 03:07 PM
BThirsk has a photo of a 450 canopy on the F45.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 25, 2013, 04:44 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
BThirsk has a photo of a 450 canopy on the F45.
Actually, it's not a 450 but a HoneyBeeCP canopy. It is a little larger than the stock one.

rexless. I used Zippy compact 1500mah and I am very happy with them. I also used one in my MasterCP and the flight times are great in it and the MJX.
Jan 25, 2013, 04:58 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Awesome... thanks guys!
My canopy is pretty trashed so I think for now I'll just cut out the space I need until I get to know if this is going to work for me. I have a new canopy here "just in case" I ever go back to stock

http://www.helipal.com/002383-canopy-set-white.html
Is that the one?
Jan 25, 2013, 07:49 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless
Awesome... thanks guys!
My canopy is pretty trashed so I think for now I'll just cut out the space I need until I get to know if this is going to work for me. I have a new canopy here "just in case" I ever go back to stock

http://www.helipal.com/002383-canopy-set-white.html
Is that the one?
Similar, only mine's black. This one is much nicer.
Jan 25, 2013, 08:48 PM

Down Time

Well while my f45 is down after the tail motor went to an early death because of binding,(after tail fell straight to ground) I figured I would check into another endeavor I want to tackle. I researched the clone 450's and the HK 450 TT is in stock but it is flybarred. Also, I would prefer the EXI 450 TT FBL kit if I knew who sold it.I would definitiely want the FBL and Shaft Drive tail. Anyone know where such a kit can be bought? Since those barebones kits are reasonably priced I figured I could start a slow build, using my down time on a scale project, which is how it will be flown due to not wanting to crash something of that caliber and expense once decent electronics are in it, not to mention other things that will be needed as well for a bird like that, then install all that into a Bell Fuselage with retracts and Lights.(DREAMING) By the way my f45 tail motor barely will turn by fingers its so burnt. I am still working on a LED Helipad slowly because of paint screw ups. Anyway, I absolutely hate not being able to fly something. I might even order the WL922 tomorrow since the MJX F48 is not yet available. I thought about the F46 but only if a buddy wants it. Meantime the waiting game sux. I asked some questions in other post but not even a no response, so I am looking for answers on tail motor upgrade such as xtreme DD or fit a Blade SR. Have any of y'all gota sure fix other than BL Tail? I may be the one to use the DD tail, I was just wondering if someone on this thred did it with success, Thanks a Million guys for great info and fun. What would you do without Internet right?
Enjoy your Helis!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jan 25, 2013, 10:55 PM
Warrior
Sweet...Thanks arrowshooter!
Jan 26, 2013, 05:20 AM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli
Well while my f45 is down after the tail motor went to an early death because of binding,(after tail fell straight to ground) I figured I would check into another endeavor I want to tackle. I researched the clone 450's and the HK 450 TT is in stock but it is flybarred. Also, I would prefer the EXI 450 TT FBL kit if I knew who sold it.I would definitiely want the FBL and Shaft Drive tail. Anyone know where such a kit can be bought? Since those barebones kits are reasonably priced I figured I could start a slow build, using my down time on a scale project, which is how it will be flown due to not wanting to crash something of that caliber and expense once decent electronics are in it, not to mention other things that will be needed as well for a bird like that, then install all that into a Bell Fuselage with retracts and Lights.(DREAMING) By the way my f45 tail motor barely will turn by fingers its so burnt. I am still working on a LED Helipad slowly because of paint screw ups. Anyway, I absolutely hate not being able to fly something. I might even order the WL922 tomorrow since the MJX F48 is not yet available. I thought about the F46 but only if a buddy wants it. Meantime the waiting game sux. I asked some questions in other post but not even a no response, so I am looking for answers on tail motor upgrade such as xtreme DD or fit a Blade SR. Have any of y'all gota sure fix other than BL Tail? I may be the one to use the DD tail, I was just wondering if someone on this thred did it with success, Thanks a Million guys for great info and fun. What would you do without Internet right?
Enjoy your Helis!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The WL922 would be a good start.
Look at this for a good 450 clone. http://www.oomodel.com/tarot-450-pro...6-p-63021.html
Jan 26, 2013, 07:43 AM
Boy oh boy... jonesing for a flight SO BAD... havent flown in days... v911 should be here this am, batteries arrived yesterday... ARGGGGGGGGG is it 11am yet?
Jan 26, 2013, 08:43 AM
Eugene
I have just ordered the BL upgrade kit for my F45 and I had to get the V2 one so I have had to get the V2 Tx and heli PCB as well so total cost was $104.00 US.

I was wanting to get the full kit that comes with the v2 F45,Tx and the upgrade kit but the wife said NO!! It was $109.00 US + $45.00 US postage.

Now to wait. as its coming here by Hong Kong post 10-45 day's
Jan 26, 2013, 09:42 AM
Eugene
It was my Birthday yesterday 26th and my wife brought me a Skyartec Cessna 182 but it got damaged in the post, not much just a few dent's in the wing and a couple of holes in the foam body.
So I contacted the dealer to ask him how to fix it he said to send him some pics of the damage so I did, he then said he would just send me a new one, so I ended up with 2 complete units Tx's and all.
Jan 26, 2013, 09:48 AM
Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig
It was my Birthday yesterday 26th and my wife brought me a Skyartec Cessna 182 but it got damaged in the post, not much just a few dent's in the wing and a couple of holes in the foam body.
So I contacted the dealer to ask him how to fix it he said to send him some pics of the damage so I did, he then said he would just send me a new one, so I ended up with 2 complete units Tx's and all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY

2 presents for 1 b-day, good deal

Frank
Jan 26, 2013, 10:42 AM
Yeah, that Tarot Kit for $119 looks nice, I just do not know a lot about their quality compared to the EXI, which has been said to be real good where as the HK kit had problems of bearings binding, so if I can not find an EXI kit like this comparable in price, I will get this one. Thank You for turning us on to that. F45 TIME! The Blade SR tail motor DD lines up with the screw holes perfect. I think I can just install it and maybe fit the F45 blade to it with the SR shaft fitting because the E-flite motor has no pinion, therefore DD. I might have to dial down rudder % though do to the cyclic override system. Oh yeah, which is the ground the blue or white wire? I assume its the side with the soldered connection to the outside of the motor Duh right, just wanna be sure or would it just turn backwards. Still contemplating this $20 LHS mod but I want to fly and it just might work better. The SR motor is longer like the Xtreme upgrade one which is out of stock(backorder) on ThinkRC.com. You have to solder either way so sometime today I'll risk the $20 to see ig it works and let everyone know.
Thanks a lot ScottHeli Cheers
Jan 26, 2013, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli
Yeah, that Tarot Kit for $119 looks nice, I just do not know a lot about their quality compared to the EXI, which has been said to be real good where as the HK kit had problems of bearings binding, so if I can not find an EXI kit like this comparable in price, I will get this one. Thank You for turning us on to that. F45 TIME! The Blade SR tail motor DD lines up with the screw holes perfect. I think I can just install it and maybe fit the F45 blade to it with the SR shaft fitting because the E-flite motor has no pinion, therefore DD. I might have to dial down rudder % though do to the cyclic override system. Oh yeah, which is the ground the blue or white wire? I assume its the side with the soldered connection to the outside of the motor Duh right, just wanna be sure or would it just turn backwards. Still contemplating this $20 LHS mod but I want to fly and it just might work better. The SR motor is longer like the Xtreme upgrade one which is out of stock(backorder) on ThinkRC.com. You have to solder either way so sometime today I'll risk the $20 to see ig it works and let everyone know.
Thanks a lot ScottHeli Cheers
Blue goes to + and White to -. But since you are going to direct drive you will have to wire it backwards if you use the stock F45 tail rotor. If you look at how the tail works, the pinion turns one way driving the rotor the opposite. If you wire the motor as stock, you would definately get the spins.
Jan 26, 2013, 12:01 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Happy birthday. I noticed you didn't tell us how old.
You'll have to give me pointers when I get my 182. I have one in my HK wish list waiting for spring.
Jan 26, 2013, 12:11 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote:
Happy birthday. Really a nice gift + you have a transmitter for this BNF.

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wa...x-p-62840.html

Quick Reply