Thread Tools
Jan 20, 2013, 07:01 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Last winter, I flew at -5C with no problems with both a 9116DH and the MJX 45, both with stock gyros. Anything below that, you need to leave the heli out side so the gyro can normalize to the ambient temperature. MEMS gyros like this one don't seem to have as much issue with temperature changes, but AVS sensors are terrible like the 401B.
I have one of my Walkera flybarless out last week at -5C and it worked just fine. I just wanted to test it out and see if it was effected.
I'm Canadian and we love the cold, at least that's what they say on TV.
and hockey aye
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 20, 2013, 07:02 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D plane.
fauconnier's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
This http://www.topstoys.com/new-free-shi...em-p-3532.html (bottom of the page) says that version 2 has gyro lying down while on version 1 it stand up. Is that worth doing incompatible versions?
I have a F47. The transmitter of the F47 bind with the new F45 and the opposite. I will bet it is the same with the F46. May be they established a new standard for all their product.

I prefer a flat gyro that can't hit the canopy. I received 1 new board F45 ,2 week ago, from this seller, everything o.k. Small box is better.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/110320
Jan 20, 2013, 07:07 AM
Registered User
asanovrus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
One problem with this concept perhaps (as was previously pointed out) is that every significant issue pertaining to the 'stock' F45 has been thrashed out in detail here already: except maybe minor issues with the Ver2 F45.
So it would seem that your idea is to close off this thread, and start new threads? Not saying there isn't some logic there, but not sure how everyone would feel about it. Guess you've raised the flag, we'll see how many salute then .
yea I agree its too late, should have done that 300pages ago. May be it's better to make some blog or site that would extract useful info from this thread. I'll do that if nobody else will do but first I need to figure out what is the real difference b/n version 1 and version 2. Their transmitters incompatible, gyro is horizontal on v2, what else?
Jan 20, 2013, 07:09 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by skank
Yeah im new here and about to buy this heli. But this 400 pages topic is way to big...
Split it up pls and maybe use faqs....
The beauty of this forum is that there are no limits, you can contribute your own mod, thought or whatever, even if it is partly related to the F45.

Regards
Jan 20, 2013, 07:18 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor
The beauty of this forum is that there are no limits, you can contribute your own mod, thought or whatever, even if it is partly related to the F45.

Regards
Yeah but for new users its hard to find things in such a big thread between all the mods...
Jan 20, 2013, 07:25 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
yea I agree its too late, should have done that 300pages ago. May be it's better to make some blog or site that would extract useful info from this thread. I'll do that if nobody else will do but first I need to figure out what is the real difference b/n version 1 and version 2. Their transmitters incompatible, gyro is horizontal on v2, what else?
Cool!
Make sure you tell us where!
Jan 20, 2013, 07:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
One problem with this concept perhaps (as was previously pointed out) is that every significant issue pertaining to the 'stock' F45 has been thrashed out in detail here already: except maybe minor issues with the Ver2 F45.
So it would seem that your idea is to close off this thread, and start new threads? Not saying there isn't some logic there, but not sure how everyone would feel about it. Guess you've raised the flag, we'll see how many salute then .
Not to seem like I am on a soapbox... I read every post in this thread. This very thread influenced me to get a '45 instead of that gastly 9116, a decision I will NEVER REGRET. (since I have purchased another '45) I found issues I experienced that were detailed, as well as solutions. This gave me the feeling that I am not alone, that my problems were not unique, and a 'band of brothers' existed that were as passionate about this copter (and R/C in general) as I. I found guys that were (and are) far advanced in this hobby, and more than willing to share their wealth of knowledge with lowly peons such as I. Just reading the thread gave me ideas in areas where I didnt see much input... and I added my '2 cents worth'. Sure it took a couple weeks of reading to take in this thread, I believe a time well invested, as I had a 20 year holiday from the hobby. Perhaps, asanovrus, it is you that arent well suited for this. I intend to keep flying F45's (mostly stock) and I intend to remain on station, assisting the greenhorn and seasoned hand EXACTLY as those dedicated fellows assisted me.
Now I can use the soapbox to start a fire... my old bones are cold.
Cheers to the crew
Jan 20, 2013, 07:34 AM
Registered User
Whom is our inside banggood contact? Tried to order some bits from them yesterday... MANY hours later I was so @*%!& mad I went to bed (thats beyond mad). All I got was charged 1 usd 3x to 'test my account' (isnt that what paypal is for, assuring the customer can pay?) and no order, and somehow the order was placed 2x... finally phoned my CC company and stopped any payment to them idiots... wot a cluster f**k
Jan 20, 2013, 07:47 AM
Registered User

f 645


i just purchased this charged battery.put new batterys in transmitter,pluged in helicopter you can here the servos,turned on transmitter and cant get it to sink with the helicopter the transmitter turns onbut no beep no steadiy light and wont respond with the helicopter at all!!! i need help
Jan 20, 2013, 08:05 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld
Not to seem like I am on a soapbox... I read every post in this thread. This very thread influenced me to get a '45 instead of that gastly 9116, a decision I will NEVER REGRET. (since I have purchased another '45) I found issues I experienced that were detailed, as well as solutions. This gave me the feeling that I am not alone, that my problems were not unique, and a 'band of brothers' existed that were as passionate about this copter (and R/C in general) as I. I found guys that were (and are) far advanced in this hobby, and more than willing to share their wealth of knowledge with lowly peons such as I. Just reading the thread gave me ideas in areas where I didnt see much input... and I added my '2 cents worth'. Sure it took a couple weeks of reading to take in this thread, I believe a time well invested, as I had a 20 year holiday from the hobby. Perhaps, asanovrus, it is you that arent well suited for this. I intend to keep flying F45's (mostly stock) and I intend to remain on station, assisting the greenhorn and seasoned hand EXACTLY as those dedicated fellows assisted me.
Now I can use the soapbox to start a fire... my old bones are cold.
Cheers to the crew
I agree with you 100% if you don't read you won't learn that's what threads are for I too have read every post of this thread and also many more other threads as well.

So go and read, collect your thoughts and then act on your decision according to what you have read here.
Jan 20, 2013, 08:05 AM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by timg734
i just purchased this charged battery.put new batterys in transmitter,pluged in helicopter you can here the servos,turned on transmitter and cant get it to sink with the helicopter the transmitter turns onbut no beep no steadiy light and wont respond with the helicopter at all!!! i need help
Hello !

On the transmitter, once powered, you DO have to go at 100% with the throttle (stick all the way up) and come back to 0% (stick all the way down) so the binding process can bee done.

Did you do that ?

Roland
Jan 20, 2013, 08:26 AM
Registered User
asanovrus's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld
Not to seem like I am on a soapbox... I read every post in this thread. This very thread influenced me to get a '45 instead of that gastly 9116, a decision I will NEVER REGRET. (since I have purchased another '45) I found issues I experienced that were detailed, as well as solutions. This gave me the feeling that I am not alone, that my problems were not unique, and a 'band of brothers' existed that were as passionate about this copter (and R/C in general) as I. I found guys that were (and are) far advanced in this hobby, and more than willing to share their wealth of knowledge with lowly peons such as I. Just reading the thread gave me ideas in areas where I didnt see much input... and I added my '2 cents worth'. Sure it took a couple weeks of reading to take in this thread, I believe a time well invested, as I had a 20 year holiday from the hobby. Perhaps, asanovrus, it is you that arent well suited for this. I intend to keep flying F45's (mostly stock) and I intend to remain on station, assisting the greenhorn and seasoned hand EXACTLY as those dedicated fellows assisted me.
Now I can use the soapbox to start a fire... my old bones are cold.
Cheers to the crew
I was thinking how to optimize topic for beginners though It was bad idea I think. As for me, this thread gave me more on rc then any other and I like it. But with this speed it will be endless soon and I can ask already answered questions only because can't read for days everything. Search will save some time but not always. If you have simple question and find posts discussing smth with acronyms in language that you can't understand you will either quit or ask it. But because so many parallel things discussed your question might be ignored. Me personally I will read this even if it was 40.000 pages but someone new might quit
Jan 20, 2013, 08:27 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67
Hello !

On the transmitter, once powered, you DO have to go at 100% with the throttle (stick all the way up) and come back to 0% (stick all the way down) so the binding process can bee done.

Did you do that ?

Roland
yea wot roll said...
another easily missed issue, the 'stick change' mechanism, be sure the outside (appears to be trim controls labeled L-R) switches are either full up (for r side throttle/rudder) or FULL down (for std controls). If them 2 arent either full up or full down, binding wont happen.
also I found that in my abode, binding is hit/miss because of the 5 ea high power 2.4 gig wifi computer adapters I run. Perhaps you have a similar issue.
Jan 20, 2013, 08:47 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by BThirsk
Probably should start a new thread. I have as we'll so little left on mine. Just the blades and frame. Even the flybar is not MJX anymore. Skids will be Tarot 450 next week. Everything from the body back is custom. You start one , we'll be there.
New FP450 and more thread it is. It's over in Electric Heli Talk. Lets see how long it lasts.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post23870028
Last edited by arrowshooter; Jan 20, 2013 at 08:56 AM.
Jan 20, 2013, 08:51 AM
Registered User
Compiling this thread would be nice, in the interest of locating a particular post pertaining to a specific subject... I admit I have scrolled back a time or 10... however, reading the thread gave me a chance to get to know the fellows, their sucess's AND failures (I'm told even John crashes, especially when they altered the 'asl' suddenly). Me, I fly, I crash, I learn, I fly. The '45 amazes me as to its resistance to damage and ability to keep flying. Its like my thinking process's... mostly on track, a bit random... oh hell, its real random at times lol i like it, keep it as built.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM