Jan 19, 2013, 04:43 PM
Hello!
Just bumping in here...
Let me start with introducing myself.
I'm 34y old and i live in Belgium
As a kid, i controlled lots of rc boats and and a rc car
Time passed and i gave up the hobby but i always wanted a heli.
Perhaps now the time has come, cause at work, there are 2 people flying helis...
So , i cant wait to buy one...

I've been looking at many helis, but this MJX-f45 looks very promissing.
I know i should get a double bladed heli first, but i dont like that, (most are too small) and i really like this model... It has a nice length, looks good, get good reviews and is cheap !
I might buy it at banggood... i dunno if that will cause problems, for ex to charge batteries in belgium...

But my main question is, is this heli a good start...
Or is it really a no go.. too hard to start...
I know i will have to start with basics.. just go up and hoover, down again etc .. and take it step by step...
I wont rush into things...
So, should i take the jump or consider it...
thx !
to remove ads between posts
Jan 19, 2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skank
Hello!
Just bumping in here...
Perhaps now the time has come, cause at work, there are 2 people flying helis...

I know i should get a double bladed heli first, but i dont like that, (most are too small) and i really like this model... It has a nice length, looks good, get good reviews and is cheap !
I might buy it at banggood... i dunno if that will cause problems, for ex to charge batteries in belgium...

I know i will have to start with basics.. just go up and hoover, down again etc .. and take it step by step...
thx !
Let me reply as I'm not that far from beginner as other people here. This was my first 4ch heli and it survived some treating that I'm ashamed about. All I needed to do is to unbend the flybar. Flying coaxial crap was just waste of time for me. Just don't try to hover high first time, lift this on about 20cm and try to hover. When confused just cut throttle and put it down. I was moving this on the ground like a car during first week. Some people advise using PC simulator but I didn't do that. Now I fly it in small space b/n my bad and closet (1meter). You could start from WL v911 if you have no space but I was brave enough to fly F45 and never regret. Some quadcopter (like my WL v939) could be alternative but I love my F45 even more.
Jan 19, 2013, 05:25 PM
Re posted
Last edited by JP614; Jan 19, 2013 at 07:09 PM.
Jan 19, 2013, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asanovrus
Let me reply as I'm not that far from beginner as other people here. This was my first 4ch heli and it survived some treating that I'm ashamed about. All I needed to do is to unbend the flybar. Flying coaxial crap was just waste of time for me. Just don't try to hover high first time, lift this on about 20cm and try to hover. When confused just cut throttle and put it down. I was moving this on the ground like a car during first week. Some people advise using PC simulator but I didn't do that. Now I fly it in small space b/n my bad and closet (1meter). You could start from WL v911 if you have no space but I was brave enough to fly F45 and never regret. Some quadcopter (like my WL v939) could be alternative but I love my F45 even more.
Cool!
Thx mate ! Then im gonna take the jump...
Jan 19, 2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Cool!
Thx mate ! Then im gonna take the jump...
As a beginner I made 2 mistakes: discharged batteries too much and overheated main motor. Now I fly without canopy to make sure motor is cooled but people advise smarter solutions (heat sink and hole in canopy). As for batteries fly 5 min and recharge again. When you overdischarge the battery it is damaged (Li is not like NiCd etc). If you still burn your motor you can order one for 8$ shipped(I ordered 5 for 35$ on aliexpress.com)
Jan 19, 2013, 05:45 PM
thx for the tips
On banggood, i read there are 2 versions of the heli
Do you know what the differences are between the old and new?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...l?currency=EUR

new one has a different remote too, but i wonder what the differences are in the heli...
perhaps the heat is being dealed with?
Jan 19, 2013, 06:02 PM
Quote:
thx for the tips
On banggood, i read there are 2 versions of the heli
Do you know what the differences are between the old and new?
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...l?currency=EUR

new one has a different remote too, but i wonder what the differences are in the heli...
perhaps the heat is being dealed with?
I don't know but I guess receiver circuit is different (so you may upgrade the older version too). Heat is normal thing for electric motor and electronics and should be solved. I'm sure they have discussed the difference on this thread at least once, need to search "new version" in this thread. First thing I see is this https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...w#post23841359
Jan 19, 2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor
You said that heli is ok, but what was the camera?
Jan 19, 2013, 06:44 PM
Brent 黑雁
Quote:
Hello!
Just bumping in here...

thx !
For the price, you could buy both this and a V911 which is small and almost indestructible.
Jan 19, 2013, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld
Found my rudder @ 100%... turned down to 60% and just as described the rudder doesnt cancel the cyclic now, and still got plenty of rudder... Seems this is the solution. Thanks Roland
I agree Bob, there's definatlly a lot vairables going on when you combine stick movements.
I did some testing this morning on canceling issue. I unpluged both main and tail motors at PCB then plugged in battery. You can now watch how swashplate moves with imputs. It does appear adding yaw will cancel aileron but only when you input full yaw and that is controlled by the % settings and stick movement.

Having been been a real fixed wing pilot for some years we learned to make banked turns by first giving aileron input then rudder or yaw to keep the turn in balance. We used a little ball in a curved glass tube to gauge the turn. By giving small rudder inputs you kept the ball centered in the tube. We called this "stepping on the ball" I guess I did this instintively when I made banked turns with my F45 and never thought about it. I think if you try this techniqe it will help you make better banked turns.

It will take some % adjustments on both rudder and aileron plus some very fine stick movement to make a balanced bank turn.
Jan 19, 2013, 06:59 PM

Brushless conversion

Has anyone bought or tried this coversion kit?

http://www.topstoys.com/new-free-shi...em-p-3532.html
Jan 19, 2013, 07:58 PM

This F45/450 Needs To Move On

It is with much sorrow that I need to find another forum for my #2 F45/450 build. It has been fully transformed to a plain old FP450 conversion using only the F45 rotor and blades. So far I have not been able to get to the park, but I have flown four packs out back and this thing is smooth as butter. It is weird that the rubber band trick to the elevation servo followed to this build, but oh well it works. The adjustments on both the 4 in 1 receiver's gyro and on the Tx make it so easy to get use to the all the extra responsiveness I have on tap. (Note the ding in the nose from when I had no idea what all the adjustments were for.) On the Tx for instance, I can flip a switch and limit the throttle/lift to an adjustable limit, and I can flip another switch and limit the cyclics to 50% of set value. Pretty sweet!

I have more plans for it, including "flybarless" but here is the current tally:

Align Clone CP450 kit
MJX F45 rotor and blades
Hobbymate 3800kv motor 13T
Hobbywing 40A ESC
Tower Pro 9g cyclic servos
Walkera digital rudder servo from the V200D01
Walkera RX2437V Rx from the V200D01
Walkera 2403 Tx
2200mAh 2s lipo

My #1 F45/450 still has the F45 Rx, rotor and tail so he will still be around.

Thanks to OldOZ and BThirsk for their originality, help and support with the F45/450 conversions, along with all other support from the MJX F45 forum. You/We are truly an amazing group. (no crying now)

Steve
Jan 19, 2013, 07:58 PM
John
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP614

Hard to beat the standard HK EH200 'kit' IMO - well proven, cheaper, less fiddling about and only 3 bits to fit.
Jan 19, 2013, 08:05 PM
John
Arrowshooter -
Knew this day would come! - Think I'll have to dump the F45 Rx too, it's really not up to the job of full BL.
It's still a truly awesome F45/450 with the brushed tail, however.
Grats on a great job!
John
Jan 19, 2013, 08:09 PM
Goooo!!!! Get to da choppa!!!!
Quote:

That's a great setup for noobs like me. Plug and play upgrade!

Quick Reply