Jan 08, 2013, 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.C. Man
here is what I think he means tig
take off the blades first.
tell me if ya can see what i mean and I sent you a message too

Frank
Yep! Frank is right on. I left the blades on as I had a lot of room and I could then see any influence from the blades also.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 08, 2013, 05:13 PM
Frank
Ok Tigg,
To replace main bearings,
Remove the rotorhead, swashplate and the ring on top of the top bearing,
Remove the screw on the main gear, and the mainshaft should come right out.
pull the bearing out , top bearing comes up and the bottom 1 down,

I think they are 10 x 5 x 6-7 lagern (bearings)
Jan 08, 2013, 05:15 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper
Yep! Frank is right on. I left the blades on as I had a lot of room and I could then see any influence from the blades also.
Thanks a lot guys, got the idea now.

@ Frank
before I go building a scaffold I'll have a look at the top bearing angle if someone can tell me how to get into it . If that doesn't do it I'll see what I have lying around to rig something up.

Let me see:
wood - check
wire - check
100 mm screws - check
right-angled brackets - check
2 bags of concrete - hmmm, all used up... looks like I'm off to the DIY store tomorrow

Fin
Jan 08, 2013, 05:18 PM
Frank
Take the rotorhead off and the ring, and wala, the bearing is lookin at ya.
Jan 08, 2013, 05:20 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Take the rotorhead off and the ring, and wala, the bearing is lookin at ya.
I'm on it first thing in the morning. The Wife will just have to wait for her coffee if she gets up too early

Cheers again guys
Fin
Jan 08, 2013, 05:26 PM
Frank
Hey Tigg,
I always let mine make the coffee,OLD SCHOOL dude I guesse
Jan 08, 2013, 05:40 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Hey Tigg,
I always let mine make the coffee,OLD SCHOOL dude I guesse
I can't sleep that long man...
Jan 08, 2013, 05:45 PM
Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962
I can't sleep that long man...
LOL
If ya need any help, I live like an hour from ya, maybe we can have a dogfight with our birds, outfit them with paintball guns and blast away,
That would be like 10000000 youtube hits in a week.
I fly at the old fussball field here all by myself 60 meters from my house, loads of room to manouver and crash.

And nobody laughs at ya when your alone.

Frank
Last edited by R.C. Man; Jan 08, 2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Fix wording
Jan 08, 2013, 05:50 PM
Frank
Oh the bearings are 10 X6 X3
Jan 08, 2013, 06:18 PM
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
LOL
If ya need any help, I live like an hour from ya, maybe we can have a dogfight with our birds, outfit them with paintball guns and blast away,
That would be like 10000000 youtube hits in a week.
I fly at the old fussball field here all by myself 60 meters from my house, loads of room to manouver and crash.

And nobody laughs at ya when your alone.

Frank
Just turned 50 myself last year. Jeez, I wish they'd invented Li-Po batteries when I was a kid

I'm crap with electronics, but if you could figure a way to use the camera button to control a couple of paintball guns, wouldn't THAT be a gas

A call to any of you electronic geniuses out there???
Jan 08, 2013, 06:32 PM
Frank
Well as old as we are we still play with toys... man, we aint that old now are we.

as to the paint ball guns on the camera connecter,
I read like 5 volts with button on and 0 volts in off,
Have to check when system is on a load to make sure.
Maybe tomarrow after work.
lol flyin and shootin each other, man our birds would look like the Berlin wall after 15 mins.
Jan 08, 2013, 06:55 PM
Thanks guys.
I will take down the tail rotor assembly and the gearbox.
I'll check for looseness or a crack or debris in the drive.

Safe flying folks.
Jan 08, 2013, 07:52 PM
Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962
Thanks for that Eugene. What exactly are the "blade pins"? All I can see are
- a screw which holds it onto the main shaft, which I managed to tighten about 1/4 turn.
- the pin which goes through the main shaft and connects the blade holders, which I think is the one. This flew out and nearly lodged in my forehead yesterday when I tried checking the flybar without the blades on (I know not to do THAT again ). It was still perfectly straight and is now back where it should be.
Yes this is the part and the pins are the ones that hold on the blade holders, what do you mean when you said it flew out and nearly hit you do you mean the the pins or the whole unit as the plastic pins are molded with this part as a unit and the pins don't come off unless they are broken.
Jan 08, 2013, 08:55 PM
So I want to get a case together for parts,tools and tx...maybe even for the heli... Only have a f45 and the h911 along with some smaller 3ch heli's... I tried to search the forum but can't find much...what are people using? Post your pics if you have any good ideas for a case...

-J
Jan 08, 2013, 09:19 PM
Eugene
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonamorris6
So I want to get a case together for parts,tools and tx...maybe even for the heli... Only have a f45 and the h911 along with some smaller 3ch heli's... I tried to search the forum but can't find much...what are people using? Post your pics if you have any good ideas for a case...

-J
Any standard 250 size heli case.

Like this one:

Quick Reply