Thread Tools
Jan 02, 2013, 06:23 PM
Registered User
Thank you so much for your diligence and prompt help!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
Here's two pics, which should give the idea, and help a bit IF the problem is a reversed control. (I'm assuming your tailprop is running in the right direction). Again, sorry about the quality - no Macro.

- Opening the Tx just requires the removal of the screws (including those in the handle) and it snaps apart.
- The actual Yaw pot will be now be obvious (I fly mode 4 - long story, so I've had to do this on many Tx's).
- All you have to do is reverse the yellow and black leads shown wired to the pot in the smaller picture - your actual pot may of course be on the other side (depending on your mode).

10 min job!
Good luck with the mod .

Edit - The actual wiring to these pots is definitely not standard in this particular Tx!
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Jan 02, 2013, 06:31 PM
Registered User

Finished F445


Here is what I did:

Frame: 450 clone
Rotor head is F45 "necked down" to 5mm with a sleeve
Tail motor is stock F45
Receiver is stock F45 mounted on foam
Motor is a Hobbymate 3600kv with 13T pinion
Current Speed Control is Turnigy Basic 20A
Battery is a 2000mAh Onyx
Servos are 9g Tower Pro, aileron arm lengthened
Canopy is eBay special
Anti-rotation bracket fashioned from plastic.
Fin currently held on with servo bracket.

I put the Tx down to take the in flight pic. Tricky
Jan 02, 2013, 09:08 PM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Here is what I did:

Frame: 450 clone
Rotor head is F45 "necked down" to 5mm with a sleeve
Tail motor is stock F45
Receiver is stock F45 mounted on foam
Motor is a Hobbymate 3600kv with 13T pinion
Current Speed Control is Turnigy Basic 20A
Battery is a 2000mAh Onyx
Servos are 9g Tower Pro, aileron arm lengthened
Canopy is eBay special
Anti-rotation bracket fashioned from plastic.
Fin currently held on with servo bracket.

I put the Tx down to take the in flight pic. Tricky
Good looking Build, should start building them and selling them, Hate the stock Tail motor the summer heat kills them. All and all it looks good What's next Nitro NF445. LOL

Ray
Jan 02, 2013, 09:34 PM
John
Dunno Ray -
But the (Align/HK) 500 probably has a 6mm driveshaft? .......
Cheers for '13
John
Jan 02, 2013, 10:49 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
We had a family lego night and it was decided I was to build a helicopter for the lego city... so I went for a belt drive system. I put a crank on the tail so the kids could spin up the main blades. I only had a couple of gears to work with so the ratio isn't great but we all had fun so that's what counts right?

Oh, and the turnigy photo... weird. I was charging a 2650mah 3s and one cell was out of whack. I haven't seen it go like this before. It balanced up by the end.
Jan 02, 2013, 11:41 PM
John
Can't wait to see the videos of your latest (Lego) bird soaring over Juniper ridge!
Cheers for the season!
John

PS - had a similar problem with one of my 3s too - it's normal again now, but keeping an eye on it.
Jan 03, 2013, 12:04 AM
Registered User
Hi Folks,
Two F45's listed in the classifieds. Great to fly "as is" or as parts source. Also nanotech batteries and other spare parts. Please have a look if you need "stuff". Many thanks, Allan.
Jan 03, 2013, 12:19 AM
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geso
excuse me has every reason in the world...
Hola amigo!
I didn't have a problem with you two greeting each other in your native language I just wanted to try and make sure it didn't go on for page after page

Greetz
Tigg
Jan 03, 2013, 01:54 AM
John
21 knots measured down at the met office, so I HAD to test our new F45/450 under semi extreme conditions. The heli passed with flying colors, me not so much: mainly through showing off for some kids watching.
We kept on flying though! - all in the cause. And it does kind of answer gettinglucky's question back on 339.

PS - Thinking about your '445' Arrowshooter: but that would be surely confused with a size measurement? Ours are actually bigger (just) than a stock 450.
I'll go with the majority vote!

The carnage from the 45 blades . No idiot like an old one. The heli, however, is unmarked...
Jan 03, 2013, 03:31 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by freezywilly
@Eric.Jr.Sax where do you live? I could use that board if it is not already spoken for. I am in Minnesota
I'm in Baltimore! Home of the Ravens!
Jan 03, 2013, 03:45 AM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless
Now that you mention it I remember reading something about twitchy servos on the KK2 board. It sounds like some people use servos for tricopters to control the yaw? hmm.. I just found this: http://youtu.be/JkYPyzQlelo - no flight yet though.
This is normal, it is the gyro trying to keep the heli level.
All 6ch cp heli's do this and also the tail servo will not return to center as the gyro is controlling it.

To set the arm trims correctly turn on the heli and then switch it back off again as soon as the servo's lock into their center positioning.
Jan 03, 2013, 04:14 AM
Registered User
Geso's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962
hola amigo!
I didn't have a problem with you two greeting each other in your native language i just wanted to try and make sure it didn't go on for page after page :d

greetz
tigg
: D: D: D: D
Jan 03, 2013, 06:07 AM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
21 knots measured down at the met office, so I HAD to test our new F45/450 under semi extreme conditions. The heli passed with flying colors, me not so much: mainly through showing off for some kids watching.
We kept on flying though! - all in the cause. And it does kind of answer gettinglucky's question back on 339.

PS - Thinking about your '445' Arrowshooter: but that would be surely confused with a size measurement? Ours are actually bigger (just) than a stock 450.
I'll go with the majority vote!

The carnage from the 45 blades . No idiot like an old one. The heli, however, is unmarked...
Got a few of those battle scars myself from Heli blades , But like the Bee Hive I still keep going back for the Honey.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:13 AM
Registered User
@rpc4 Did you see my questions? I located a helimax and Was thinking about trying your mods. Just need to know what electronics you used.
Jan 03, 2013, 08:42 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
21 knots measured down at the met office, so I HAD to test our new F45/450 under semi extreme conditions. The heli passed with flying colors, me not so much: mainly through showing off for some kids watching.
We kept on flying though! - all in the cause. And it does kind of answer gettinglucky's question back on 339.

PS - Thinking about your '445' Arrowshooter: but that would be surely confused with a size measurement? Ours are actually bigger (just) than a stock 450.
I'll go with the majority vote!

The carnage from the 45 blades . No idiot like an old one. The heli, however, is unmarked...
You know size does matter! Think I'll make a new sticker to read F45/450.

Nice brand Somewhere on here I have an ankle like that. I wear it proudly.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM