Thread Tools
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:33 AM
wileyrc is offline
Find More Posts by wileyrc
Registered User
wileyrc's Avatar
I know this has probaly been talked about somewhere in this thred and I read thru parts of it but did not find the answer to my question. Do you have to change the speed controler on this heli to use LIPO Batteries. thanks in advance for any advice you can give. (singed to lazy to read whole thred)
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:46 AM
markkona is online now
Find More Posts by markkona
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by wileyrc View Post
I know this has probaly been talked about somewhere in this thred and I read thru parts of it but did not find the answer to my question. Do you have to change the speed controler on this heli to use LIPO Batteries. thanks in advance for any advice you can give. (singed to lazy to read whole thred)
No.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:50 AM
markkona is online now
Find More Posts by markkona
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well I got her tissues today and ordered 2 new servo's so we are right for both but thanks for the offer BThirsk.

1 Box Tissues $1.69
2 450 Servo's $15.50

Nice Video Rexless, and good thinking about the zip lock bag.
Whats the temp out there?

Wow a Walmart gift card, good one OldSpool I use nylon washers from Bunnings Hardware they are very cheap and they come in all the sizes for my heli's.
Well you can always try putting the tissue Box instead of the servo and see if they work Gave me a good laugh this morning Whiz when I read what had actually happened to your wife's tissues!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:46 AM
Whizgig is offline
Find More Posts by Whizgig
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkona View Post
Well you can always try putting the tissue Box instead of the servo and see if they work Gave me a good laugh this morning Whiz when I read what had actually happened to your wife's tissues!!
Yep It was a bit hard to get out of this one as tissues were everywhere the wife is still finding them around the house and every time she dose I get a nasty look and a shake of her head..
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:24 AM
Rbsix is offline
Find More Posts by Rbsix
Registered User
Still learning to fly. No previous flying rc experience, no sim. Just rc cars and trucks. Training landing gear is a DIY. Having fun with this mjxf45.

Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:13 AM
Hinnerk is offline
Find More Posts by Hinnerk
Still learning to fly
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustwantCookies View Post
How did you make the new loops? what for matrial?
Hello,
The ring around the shaft of the rotorhead is made of some copper tube and is 1cm long this coppertube is used as heatingpipe or waterpipe here in Germany, the diameter is 12*1 mm. The loops are made out of a brassplate wich is about 1,5 mm thick.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:01 PM
hawaiichopper is offline
Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Yep It was a bit hard to get out of this one as tissues were everywhere the wife is still finding them around the house and every time she dose I get a nasty look and a shake of her head..
That would be a great video for sure. I get the same looks when my wife asks why I'm repairing her wind chimes. Seems my chopper blades have a great attraction to the paddle-on-a-string that rings the chimes. Of course if the choppers were not attracted to trees, they wouldn't find the chimes!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:04 PM
hawaiichopper is offline
Find More Posts by hawaiichopper
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbsix View Post
Still learning to fly. No previous flying rc experience, no sim. Just rc cars and trucks. Training landing gear is a DIY. Having fun with this mjxf45.

Yep, these choppers are a bunch of fun, even if they do seem to want to roost in trees from time to time. Keep on flyin'!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 03:46 PM
rexless is offline
Find More Posts by rexless
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbsix View Post
Still learning to fly. No previous flying rc experience, no sim. Just rc cars and trucks. Training landing gear is a DIY. Having fun with this mjxf45.

Nice picture! The F45 is a smooth flying bird. I don't think you'll need training gear for long. Enjoy.

After quite a few successful orders I got bit by Aliexpress finally. Fortunately it was just a main shaft. Seems the vendor has disappeared and Ali has been completely ignoring the dispute and follow-up messages I've sent them for over 3 weeks now.

It's one thing when you place a risky order from a new vendor and get fake tracking details and have them disappear. It was a small order so whatever, but to be completely ignored when Aliexpress goes on about how much protection they offer - that speaks volumes. The bottom line seems to be, if you order from Aliexpress and something goes wrong, too bad. The protection is just false advertising.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 04:20 PM
tiggertoo1962 is offline
Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
Scotsman in Germany
tiggertoo1962's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
That would be a great video for sure. I get the same looks when my wife asks why I'm repairing her wind chimes. Seems my chopper blades have a great attraction to the paddle-on-a-string that rings the chimes. Of course if the choppers were not attracted to trees, they wouldn't find the chimes!
I just wish you could repair plants too! The Wife has been away for a couple of weeks and I'm expecting some serious grief when she gets back tomorrow and sees what's left of the greenery on the window sills I blame the German weather...

BAD DOG, TIGG!!!!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:54 PM
BThirsk is offline
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Nice picture! The F45 is a smooth flying bird. I don't think you'll need training gear for long. Enjoy.

After quite a few successful orders I got bit by Aliexpress finally. Fortunately it was just a main shaft. Seems the vendor has disappeared and Ali has been completely ignoring the dispute and follow-up messages I've sent them for over 3 weeks now.

It's one thing when you place a risky order from a new vendor and get fake tracking details and have them disappear. It was a small order so whatever, but to be completely ignored when Aliexpress goes on about how much protection they offer - that speaks volumes. The bottom line seems to be, if you order from Aliexpress and something goes wrong, too bad. The protection is just false advertising.
I agree. I think Ebay is an even safer method than Aliexpres. I still prefer merchants like Hobby king and a host of others I have delt with that have a real presence in the world, not just a computer to take orders.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:05 PM
Rbsix is offline
Find More Posts by Rbsix
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexless View Post
Nice picture! The F45 is a smooth flying bird. I don't think you'll need training gear for long. Enjoy.
Thanks. I flew the F45 today. Getting it high and far. I'm loving this side of RC.
Last edited by Rbsix; Dec 11, 2012 at 10:09 PM. Reason: edit
Old Dec 12, 2012, 06:29 PM
Flyor is offline
Find More Posts by Flyor
Registered User

Cooling the tail motor


Hi guys

Cooling the tail motor seems to work, I burned the first motor in about 30 flights, when I mounted the second motor I removed most of the plastic housing and made a heat sink out from i piece of an ancient motherboard.
Note that I drilled a hole in the heat sink to match the hole in the motor on one side and also kept the wires from covering the hole on the other side.

I was careful with the first motor, I mostly let the motor cool down after 5 minutes or so, but with this second motor (I have some more in stock now) I fly until the battery is empty, that's about 10 minutes.

I don't know exactly how many flights I've got out of this motor, but a lot more than 30 that's for sure.

Sure some motors last longer than others, but for now, (as others already stated) cooling seems to prolong the lifetime of the brushed motors.

Regards
Old Dec 13, 2012, 04:02 AM
Whizgig is offline
Find More Posts by Whizgig
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyor View Post
Hi guys

Cooling the tail motor seems to work, I burned the first motor in about 30 flights, when I mounted the second motor I removed most of the plastic housing and made a heat sink out from i piece of an ancient motherboard.
Note that I drilled a hole in the heat sink to match the hole in the motor on one side and also kept the wires from covering the hole on the other side.

I was careful with the first motor, I mostly let the motor cool down after 5 minutes or so, but with this second motor (I have some more in stock now) I fly until the battery is empty, that's about 10 minutes.

I don't know exactly how many flights I've got out of this motor, but a lot more than 30 that's for sure.

Sure some motors last longer than others, but for now, (as others already stated) cooling seems to prolong the lifetime of the brushed motors.

Regards
Nice Job with the mod.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 05:12 PM
Lentar is offline
Find More Posts by Lentar
Registered User

Need some help on recent BL conversion....


Well, I've just installed my BL motor (4900 kV outrunner), with a 9T pinion, and Turnigy Plush 25 Amps ESC. I also have the Turnigy programming card.

To test, I set the throttle to 30% in the transmitter. When I move the throttle, the tail rotor starts first, then at about 20%, the main rotor starts up.

1. Why does the main rotor start at 20% (I have selected soft start, is this because of that?)

2. How do you set throttle end points? (The method outlined in the Turnigy ESC manual does not work, please give step by step instructions?)

3. What value should I select for the throttle in the transmitter, and why?

4. I attached the pinion after filing the edge of the shaft, by tightening the grub screw. Should I have used thread lock or something else on the shaft or grub screw?

If you need any further information to answer me, please let me know.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 03:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 11:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 01:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 08:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 02:36 PM