Old Nov 15, 2012, 06:22 AM
Find More Posts by mumilove
Got just me a genuine Imax B6 charger...
Just to be sure, the stock battery that came with the f45 (the blue one)... is it a lipo battery ?

It does not have the normal form-factor so i'm suspicious
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:36 AM
Find More Posts by slothy89
Head in the clouds
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post
Just to be sure, the stock battery that came with the f45 (the blue one)... is it a lipo battery ?

Most here (incl. me) are convinced it is actually a Li-Ion 7.2v Battery. I charge my stock battery on my iMax B6 as a Li-Ion and I still get the usual 8-10 minutes flight time with it.

Some Li-Ion batteries can actually be 7.4v batteries, but if it isn't and you charge it as a LiPo, chances are you will damage the cells over time. Under charging will hurt it a LOT less than over charging
Old Nov 15, 2012, 07:50 AM
Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove View Post

How do I tell the difference between a "genuine" and a "non-genuine" Imax B6? been contemplating getting one, but don't want to end up paying for a duff unit.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 09:25 AM
Find More Posts by Lentar
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggertoo1962 View Post
How do I tell the difference between a "genuine" and a "non-genuine" Imax B6? been contemplating getting one, but don't want to end up paying for a duff unit.
HobbyKing has two types listed, including the genuine one, which is a bit more expensive. Also a genuine one should have a serial no. and maybe a hologram sticker. If its very cheap, its probably a fake. eBay is going to be risky, unless they specifically state its genuine.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 11:25 AM
Find More Posts by arrowshooter
Quote:
This is what you are looking for:
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
Find More Posts by tiggertoo1962
Scotsman in Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lentar View Post
HobbyKing has two types listed, including the genuine one, which is a bit more expensive. Also a genuine one should have a serial no. and maybe a hologram sticker. If its very cheap, its probably a fake. eBay is going to be risky, unless they specifically state its genuine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
This is what you are looking for:
Thanks guys, just the info I was after. By the looks of the back of this one (not to mention the price ) it's a "non-genuine article" and not worth even contemplating.
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Im...r-p-46220.html

Wondering if you think a genuine Imax B6 would be something like what I should be looking for.

At the moment I'm flying (apart from the name) v911, so the stock usb charger I suppose is perfect for it. My intentions in the near future are to mod one or more v911s to take the batteries for mcpx etc and to get myself a F45 and a couple of Turnigy (or similar) batteries. I may or may not get into 6-ch CP flying sometime (probably will, to tell the truth ) but don't need to go there equipmentwise til it's set in stone. I have a battery voltage tester with buzzer on the way for the F45 and need to see about getting a charger.

Question is, is there anything else you would really recommend I get in the meantime given what I have in mind? If this is a bit off-topic, could someone hit me with a link to where it belongs.

Thanks for your time guys
Tigg
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:44 PM
Find More Posts by rexless
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Quote:
Thanks guys, just the info I was after. By the looks of the back of this one (not to mention the price ) it's a "non-genuine article" and not worth even contemplating.

Wondering if you think a genuine Imax B6 would be something like what I should be looking for.

At the moment I'm flying (apart from the name) v911, so the stock usb charger I suppose is perfect for it. My intentions in the near future are to mod one or more v911s to take the batteries for mcpx etc and to get myself a F45 and a couple of Turnigy (or similar) batteries. I may or may not get into 6-ch CP flying sometime (probably will, to tell the truth ) but don't need to go there equipmentwise til it's set in stone. I have a battery voltage tester with buzzer on the way for the F45 and need to see about getting a charger.

Question is, is there anything else you would really recommend I get in the meantime given what I have in mind? If this is a bit off-topic, could someone hit me with a link to where it belongs.

Tigg
I have the one from banggood and it works fine. It's not a genuine as far as I can see. The nanotech batteries are excellent. V911 charger is excellent, I use it for V929 AS well.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by BThirsk
Brent 黑雁
Quote:

Tigg
For 25.00 for a fake that still requires a power supply, I would spend a little extra and get the original Imax with power supply. If it fails, will they give you warranty?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:48 PM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
I have a 'fake' IMAX B6AC with the built-in power supply. I bought it without knowing about genuine vs fake chargers, but I have not had any issues with it. That is not to say that some will have issues, of course.

When I see discussions about these chargers I have to chuckle as I think about the 'genuine' 99 cent usb chargers that come with these birds, charging the $2 'genuine' batteries many of us use.

I have always used the bobepine principle of cheap chargers on cheap batteries - use 0.9c charge rate. I have some very cheap batteries that I have charged with my cheap charger going on 50+ cycles with no issues. I have a myriad of adapter cables and only need 1 charger on the shelf.

Of course, to each their own.

regards . . . g
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:04 PM
Find More Posts by hawaiichopper

Brushless motor system

Noticed that topstoys.com is offering a brushless motor "system" for the F45/645. Can one of you knowledgeable folks comment on the components, mounting etc? Thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:12 PM
Find More Posts by War Horse
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiichopper View Post
Noticed that topstoys.com is offering a brushless motor "system" for the F45/645. Can one of you knowledgeable folks comment on the components, mounting etc? Thanks.
Might you have a link for that ?
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Horse View Post
Might you have a link for that ?
http://www.topstoys.com/new-free-shi...58843599392b1c
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter View Post
Interesting that the ESC is powered by the PCB. Hmmmmmm???
Old Nov 15, 2012, 04:48 PM
Find More Posts by War Horse
Dang it, I'm about ready to push the button on this kit..... whatcha guys think ?

Thanks for the link Arrowshooter !!
Old Nov 15, 2012, 05:06 PM
Find More Posts by rexless
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
Well, I'm still a n00b but for the price it looks interesting. The motor looks like a 3900kv I've seen on other sites. Someone mentioned the ESC goes into the previous main-motor plug. I wonder how well that will hold up under load. Only one way to find out I suppose.