MJX-F45 Single Rotor FP - Page 267 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 27, 2012, 09:32 AM
Slope Slope Slope
slothy89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
Changed my mind!
Wouldn't be able to sleep with this hanging in the air .
Changed it round to exactly as per the Xtreme diagram in the box (2 posts back): worked perfectly.
Blue light from the converter, and main motor running (less blades!) from the tail rotor connector.
I guess yours IS faulty, BThirsk - as you suspected.
The pic of the final configuration -
For a second there I thought you were trying to run the Main Motor with the Brushed converter from the Main Motor socket. I was about to kick and scream at you telling you to just connect the ESC to the 3rd Servo connector!

Then I realised you were testing the tail system with the EH200 as your test output
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 27, 2012, 10:09 AM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
Changed my mind!
Wouldn't be able to sleep with this hanging in the air .
Changed it round to exactly as per the Xtreme diagram in the box (2 posts back): worked perfectly.
Blue light from the converter, and main motor running (less blades!) from the tail rotor connector.
I guess yours IS faulty, BThirsk - as you suspected.
The pic of the final configuration -
Because I have 2 computer radios and lots of receivers and several Gyros, I think I will just do a complete swap of parts.
Oct 27, 2012, 02:02 PM
Still learning to fly
Bthirsk, if you connected your converter as shown in the pictures of OldOz, it should work, if not i aggree to him, your converter must be damaged.
Oct 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
Registered User

Can a 3mm shaft diameter brushless motor be used?


The EH200 is once again out of stock, but I've found an AEO motor on eBay that is more powerful, correct size, but has a 3mm shaft. Can this be used with a 3mm 10T 0.5M pinion in place of the EH200?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AEO-4900KV-O...item19d12c314a

(I hope it can as I've already ordered it)
Oct 27, 2012, 04:54 PM
Still learning to fly
I think this motor will work for the F45, the size fits and the power should be ok, if you use the throttlestick carefully.
Oct 27, 2012, 05:47 PM
Registered User
Anybody has any info regarding this modified version at banggood ?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...f-p-44905.html

(new receiver board and tx)
Oct 27, 2012, 05:48 PM
Registered User
Hi , today i tried to fly with a 808 #18 attached fisheye lens . I mount it on the tail . The vibration reduce significantly on the tail , but the camera make the tail to heavy so it cant fly forward ,causing a crash . I'm thinking about upgrade to EH200 , the stock motor can hardly do fpv
Mjx F45 Short Video Onboard and Crash (0 min 46 sec)
Oct 27, 2012, 06:40 PM
John
Noname -

A pretty good start, all the same. The EH200 will certainly give you a lot more power for your experiments (ESC might kick out a bit of RFI though?). Keep up the good work!

Those interested -
As promised, a scope trace of the output of the Xtreme converter.
X is 5msec/div : y is 1v/div.
Actual pulse length (but not frequency) depends on throttle input: zero throttle as shown.
Oct 27, 2012, 06:56 PM
John
Lentar -
I think I've ordered the same motor (and pinion) from HK by ordinary (dolphin) post. I think BThirsk tried it too, but was too powerful for his (brushed) tail.
I'll give it a try, though, if it has the Hinnerk in concept seal of approval (!).

Edit - No, on checking it seems ours was the http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=11884
(still waiting after a month). Plenty of stock at HK if it does work, though.
Last edited by OldOz; Oct 27, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Oct 27, 2012, 07:39 PM
Registered User

MJX F45 not binding


hello there I have just received my MJX F45

I cannot seem to bind the transmitter to the helicopter. I have followed the instruction manual but does not seem to work. I plug the battery into the chopper then turn the transmitter on then I slide the throttle stick to full position then back down then the red light stays solid but the chopper does not respond??

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is this a dud chopper?
Oct 27, 2012, 07:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mumilove
Anybody has any info regarding this modified version at banggood ?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Mj...f-p-44905.html

(new receiver board and tx)
Can not find what realy changed (specifically) about this modificated type, I believe that somethings are changed but if it is realy the issues that we have here.. i am sceptic.
Oct 27, 2012, 07:51 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by padge993
hello there I have just received my MJX F45

I cannot seem to bind the transmitter to the helicopter. I have followed the instruction manual but does not seem to work. I plug the battery into the chopper then turn the transmitter on then I slide the throttle stick to full position then back down then the red light stays solid but the chopper does not respond??

Any ideas what I am doing wrong or is this a dud chopper?
Are all blades moving free and not that something is blocking them ?
Did you check the slides on the tx are you on the right mode ?
Are all cables plugged in correctly on the board in your heli ?
When you move the throttle stick up and then down do you see that the servo kicks in you should see this as a short movement on your main blades ?
Oct 27, 2012, 08:00 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin
Are all blades moving free and not that something is blocking them ?
Did you check the slides on the tx are you on the right mode ?
Are all cables plugged in correctly on the board in your heli ?
When you move the throttle stick up and then down do you see that the servo kicks in you should see this as a short movement on your main blades ?
hello there thanks for your reply.

Yes I have checked to see if everything is moving freely and yes it is.
All the cables and plug appear to be connected.
No the servos do not move only time they slightly move is when the power plug is inserted.

what do you mean by this. Did you check the slides on the tx are you on the right mode ??
Oct 27, 2012, 08:05 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by padge993
hello there thanks for your reply.

Yes I have checked to see if everything is moving freely and yes it is.
All the cables and plug appear to be connected.
No the servos do not move only time they slightly move is when the power plug is inserted.

what do you mean by this. Did you check the slides on the tx are you on the right mode ??
You can change the mode by the slides on the right and left, but.... if there is no responce at all when you move the left or the right stick then this is for sure not the problem.

Check if both slides are down
Oct 27, 2012, 08:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by eminemin
You can change the mode by the slides on the right and left, but.... if there is no responce at all when you move the left or the right stick then this is for sure not the problem.
okay thanks.

left and right sliders are down.

Any other ideas I could possibly try??


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 03:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 11:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 01:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 08:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 02:36 PM