Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Oct 18, 2012, 02:19 AM
Slope Slope Slope
slothy89's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarcow
Thank you for the quick reply. It's a shame hobbyking wont ship to china, its pretty hard to google very specific stuff in chinese such as tx/rx systems. I mainly get results for the large ones used in home security lol. Also, getting stuff in china isn't much cheaper than stock hobbyking prices, unless you know alot about the local scene.

Looks like this is the Heli for me. I'll start measuring tx and cam weights. Also, does the heli fly well without the faceplate? Could save a bit of weight removing that.
By face plate do you mean the Plastic Canopy? I'm sure it would fly fine, the Centre of Gravity will shift back slightly due to the nose weight being lost. You could probably counter-act this by placing the FPV gear appropriately.

Just be aware that the Gyro will be VERY vulnerable if you do that. One major drawback of the F45's design is that the Gyro is directly in the path of the FlyBar, so if you were to crash, or make sudden direction changes, chances are the flybar would knock the gyro off, resulting in a completely erratic Heli.

I would consider protecting the Gyro and PCB extensively if you were to fly with no canopy.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Oct 18, 2012, 10:16 AM
Different fly 4 different guy
gordonzo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldOz
. . . . For example, mine has 30g of putty in the nose (for trim purposes) and has no problems at all . . . .
I am curious as to why you need 30g of extra weight to trim the F45?

regards . . . g
Oct 18, 2012, 10:49 AM
Registered User

Brushless Tail Conversion Thought


I have been thinking about the brushless tail motor conversion and I am wondering how this sounds:

Since we have the slight startup delay with the brushless main motor, I wonder if this same lag is what is causing the brushless tail to be less effective?
Oct 18, 2012, 10:53 AM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonzo
I am curious as to why you need 30g of extra weight to trim the F45?

regards . . . g
My first two F45's flew why different from each other. One flew forward like bat out of hell and the other did not have the same momentum. A little weight in the nose would have helped that bird until I found it was and actual difference in stock main blades that was causing this issue.
Oct 18, 2012, 11:31 AM
Flying a Falcon or a 3D plane.
fauconnier's Avatar

F47


Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
My first two F45's flew why different from each other. One flew forward like bat out of hell and the other did not have the same momentum. A little weight in the nose would have helped that bird until I found it was and actual difference in stock main blades that was causing this issue.
Go to mjxtoys.com to see the new F47
Oct 18, 2012, 11:39 AM
Registered User

Which of these 2 ESCs should I get?


Well my motor has a 22.6A continuous draw and 26A max current rating. Can I get away with this Turnigy ESC rated at 25A continuous, or would it be pushing it to the limit?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ontroller.html

or there is also this 35A rated Genesis one:

http://www.bananahobby.com/gpesc35a-bec-69228-prd1.html
Oct 18, 2012, 12:03 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
My first two F45's flew why different from each other. One flew forward like bat out of hell and the other did not have the same momentum. A little weight in the nose would have helped that bird until I found it was and actual difference in stock main blades that was causing this issue.
interesting clue, the main blades...
to return to my last post, also my two birds fly in different manner.. how did you found that the problem was in blades?
Oct 18, 2012, 12:08 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89
By face plate do you mean the Plastic Canopy? I'm sure it would fly fine, the Centre of Gravity will shift back slightly due to the nose weight being lost. You could probably counter-act this by placing the FPV gear appropriately.

Just be aware that the Gyro will be VERY vulnerable if you do that. One major drawback of the F45's design is that the Gyro is directly in the path of the FlyBar, so if you were to crash, or make sudden direction changes, chances are the flybar would knock the gyro off, resulting in a completely erratic Heli.

I would consider protecting the Gyro and PCB extensively if you were to fly with no canopy.
I guess since I am a beginner I should focus on keeping the canopy.

I've found some what I assume to be the lightest tx i can visually judge by in the chinese online market, however it goes by the 900-1200mhz band. If you have any experience in FPV, would this interfere with the F45's 2.4Ghz band?

Additional Info:
This is the tx/rx http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=10602006165
This is the camera http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=9326239094&
Last edited by solarcow; Oct 18, 2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Added some links
Oct 18, 2012, 12:50 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by serpicus
interesting clue, the main blades...
to return to my last post, also my two birds fly in different manner.. how did you found that the problem was in blades?
I swapped heads between the two birds and it was like magic. Started paying closer attention to weight and straightness of the blades.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:02 PM.
Oct 18, 2012, 12:56 PM
Registered User

New Blades


Gotta love the Honey Bee Blades from Xtreme, but boy they are dangerous.
Came in way too hot for a landing, and I am sure it would have made a good YouTube vid the way I was dancing trying to avoid the inevitable. LOLOL
Oct 18, 2012, 01:30 PM
Eternal beginner
Rollmops67's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Gotta love the Honey Bee Blades from Xtreme
Hello Arrowshooter, can you explain in wich manner they are different and what changes (in better or worse) with them, thanks !
And is there something to modify ? (sand down, drill...)
Are these the EHB014 model from Xtreme ?

Roland
Last edited by Rollmops67; Oct 18, 2012 at 01:39 PM.
Oct 18, 2012, 02:26 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Gotta love the Honey Bee Blades from Xtreme, but boy they are dangerous.
Came in way too hot for a landing, and I am sure it would have made a good YouTube vid the way I was dancing trying to avoid the inevitable. LOLOL
Since your such a good painter, you should paint a couple of yellow stipes near the end of the blades and you can see better whats going to get you.
Yes, they are a little more dangerous and spinning at an extra 6 or 7 hundred RPM makes them more so. But at lease you were a nice back stop to save your blades.
How do you like the performance with them?
Oct 18, 2012, 02:35 PM
Registered User
Performance wise, they seem to get off the ground and hover smoother. They also picked up speed a little quicker which it what took me by surprise in the back yard. I will go to the park this afternoon, if the wind dies down a bit, so I have more room to slow down. LOL

Roger that on the paint.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Oct 18, 2012 at 02:48 PM.
Oct 18, 2012, 02:48 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollmops67
Hello Arrowshooter, can you explain in which manner they are different and what changes (in better or worse) with them, thanks !
And is there something to modify ? (sand down, drill...)
Are these the EHB014 model from Xtreme ?

Roland
You need to make the mounting in smaller in diameter, so I jigged them up to get as even as I could. I used the paper hole reinforcements as a guide.

You also need to make the hole bigger. I used a 15/64 drill bit and a ream and just worked at it till it fit.

You also need to shim them more. I used the plastic from a Duracell battery package of which two shims came out to .023".

Yes those are the blades.
Last edited by arrowshooter; Oct 18, 2012 at 03:28 PM.
Oct 18, 2012, 02:59 PM
Fly Fast, Fly Hard, Fly Fun
rexless's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by solarcow
I guess since I am a beginner I should focus on keeping the canopy.

I've found some what I assume to be the lightest tx i can visually judge by in the chinese online market, however it goes by the 900-1200mhz band. If you have any experience in FPV, would this interfere with the F45's 2.4Ghz band?

Additional Info:
This is the tx/rx http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=10602006165
This is the camera http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=...id=9326239094&
I may be reading this wrong but if I don't think you'll have much luck hoisting 160g transmitter on an F45. Even the 34g keychain camera I use for filming aerial video is noticeable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
I swapped heads between the two birds and it was like magic. Started paying closer attention to weight and straightness of the blades.
I recently had the same discovery on a DH9116. I had one that was shaking like crazy and I tried everything I could think of until I thought - wait a sec - I haven't checked the blades. Sure enough, one blade was ~2g lighter than the other. I pulled a set of replacements out, found a match to the heavier one, and the vibration is completely gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowshooter
Gotta love the Honey Bee Blades from Xtreme, but boy they are dangerous.
Came in way too hot for a landing, and I am sure it would have made a good YouTube vid the way I was dancing trying to avoid the inevitable. LOLOL
Wow! That is impressive. I think the stock blades are dangerous enough, but those look deadly.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM