Thread Tools
Feb 18, 2012, 05:02 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
Question

GForce G40 says 700KV, but now sold as 800-something


I have a Gforce G40 700kv (sticker on the motor), nowadays they are sold as 890- did they change the spec, or maybe this isn't a G40? (No tagt etc says G40 on it)

http://www.valuehobby.com/gforce-g40-890kv.html
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 19, 2012, 12:55 AM
We want... Information!
Bruce Abbott's Avatar
Value Hobby's "GForce" motors are manufactured by XYH (Shenzhen XingYaoHua Industrial Co). The C5045 is produced in two different winds - 720Kv and 890Kv.

Apparently some time ago Value Hobby switched from one wind to the other. The 720Kv version is still listed here. Note that the product image shows a motor labeled '700Kv', but it was tested at 720Kv. It is not unusual for the actual Kv to be a bit higher than spec.
Feb 19, 2012, 01:01 AM
Registered User
flydiver's Avatar
For cheap Chinese motors it is unusual for them to be somewhere NEAR spec.
Nov 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
I have a Gforce G40 700kv (sticker on the motor), nowadays they are sold as 890- did they change the spec, or maybe this isn't a G40? (No tagt etc says G40 on it)

http://www.valuehobby.com/gforce-g40-890kv.html
What experience do you have with the G-Force 700? Are they reliable as I'm looking to find a cheap alternative.
Nov 18, 2012, 07:02 PM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
I have not tried using it yet, so can't help.

I have buried both my other motors into the dirt and they just cleaned up and kept on truckin '
Nov 18, 2012, 07:14 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
I have not tried using it yet, so can't help.

I have buried both my other motors into the dirt and they just cleaned up and kept on truckin '
Sounds like they are durable!
Nov 19, 2012, 10:10 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
One is an Infinite 3025 (or is it a 4025?)-770, infinite being out of business, the other is a turnigy 5055-580 for which I better never break the bolt-on (rotor-side) prop adapter.
Nov 19, 2012, 07:02 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
One is an Infinite 3025 (or is it a 4025?)-770, infinite being out of business, the other is a turnigy 5055-580 for which I better never break the bolt-on (rotor-side) prop adapter.
Look at the bottom of the page. You can get replacement prop adapters for the 5055 here: http://milehighrc.com/brushlessC5055-8.html

I have a Turnigy and they are compatible.
Nov 20, 2012, 11:23 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043
Look at the bottom of the page. You can get replacement prop adapters for the 5055 here: http://milehighrc.com/brushlessC5055-8.html

I have a Turnigy and they are compatible.
Oh man, put one in the cart, went to check out, item is sold out/unavailable.

You don't happen to know what size bearings the turnigy takes, do you?
Nov 20, 2012, 10:39 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
Oh man, put one in the cart, went to check out, item is sold out/unavailable.

You don't happen to know what size bearings the turnigy takes, do you?
When I get a chance I'll try to measure mine and let you know.
Nov 29, 2012, 08:10 PM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
Oh man, put one in the cart, went to check out, item is sold out/unavailable.

You don't happen to know what size bearings the turnigy takes, do you?
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but the bearing size is 8mm inside dia and 12mm outside dia.
Nov 30, 2012, 08:14 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw357_23043
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you but the bearing size is 8mm inside dia and 12mm outside dia.
That matches for the front bearing, was the rear the same?

Someone elsewhere posted this info, that the 5055-380KV bearings fit:

ID 8mm x OD 12mm x Width 3.5mm Dimensions
2 Front

ID 8mm x OD 16mm x Width 5mm Dimensions
1 Rear
Nov 30, 2012, 08:45 AM
Shut up and Fly!!!
jw357_23043's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNY_Dave
That matches for the front bearing, was the rear the same?

Someone elsewhere posted this info, that the 5055-380KV bearings fit:

ID 8mm x OD 12mm x Width 3.5mm Dimensions
2 Front

ID 8mm x OD 16mm x Width 5mm Dimensions
1 Rear
The specs you have here are in fact correct sir. Go with ceramics and you will see the difference in amp draw. More efficient. That's what I had in mine.
Nov 30, 2012, 08:57 AM
DX5e fatal flaw- PM me!!!!
Sweet, I think the rotor-end adapter match has been found, and now the bearings.

Early christmas!
Nov 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
Jack
jackerbes's Avatar
Should you break another prop adapter you might want to consider fitting a longer shaft and a collet type adapter. Just abandon the more proprietary/only fits one brand bolt on prop adapters. Both types are pretty easily easily bent and broken but the collet type are much easier to find and more universal in use.

Jack


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sold GForce G40 700 kV Brushless Outrunner Thumbolino Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W) 2 Feb 11, 2012 08:42 PM
Discussion It says Infared on the page, but I think its wrong, what do you think? Trainz222 Micro Helis 2 Dec 23, 2011 07:53 PM
Alert Champ for Sale - Cheap as Chris says :) rpstar Atlanta Area RC 8 Aug 07, 2011 02:17 PM
Discussion GWS Islander as VTOL,only a dream right now but soon! MustangAce17 VTOLs 133 Aug 03, 2009 05:15 PM
Discussion Discussion - GWS Islander as VTOL,only a dream right now but soon! MustangAce17 Foamies (Kits) 0 Jan 29, 2006 08:29 PM