Dec 04, 2016, 07:03 PM
3D apprentice
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAV8T0R View Post
...slick as snot...('G' rated term......)

Haven't flown this ship for months. Been focusing (too much) on my 3D foamies & sidelining my 3D balsa birds... Did fly this orange Popsicle Slick...sorry couldn't resist... the past couple weekends. Had a motor failure during a violent Blender last time out but was able to "stair step" her down without losing much altitude for a unexpected but safe, dead stick landing... Just goes to show what a nice & floaty design she's got that makes her...IMHO...an easy lander. That mishap sidelined her until I got some new electronics shoved back in her......

Fast forward to today & I'm now testing out new gear from Tomcat (higher-end Dynam): a .32-sized, 830kv 1000W motor, a Skylord 80A ESC swinging a Faclon 14x6E woody. Happy to say even though this setup puts the flying weight at 58 oz. (1644g), she's flying great with 4S 2.7Ah 35C packs. Also switched out the undersized aileron servos with some HXT 14g MGD's & replaced the rudder servo with a smooth & powerful Corona 22g MGD unit. Since I haven't been flyin' her (at all) it's like I'm maidening her each time she goes up... This new setup with a 100mm CG is the ticket, too... Neutral inverted, vertical is totally unlimited, flat spins are sweet, KE is flight has little coupling & Harriers are pretty stable once the correct AOA is established... Just got to get over these balsa-induced jitters.........

It's a shame this HK 1.3M bird's been discontinued... Glad I still have mine & I'm hoping to get a lot more stick time & make this one of my (larger) go-to ships... If anyone is still following this thread, it looks like the only option from HK now is stepping up to a 1.8M version in blue that's only available from EU warehouse... Not good since 1.3M parts, or even entire planes, are NLA......
Yeah I'm with you on the discontinued thing, damn shame. This is my go to plane, love everything about it. Handles the slow stuff and the high energy just as easily. I did the rudder mod when I first got it and the rudder has moved quite some time ago to this (second) airframe. Still have the same 42/38 NTM, only just changed out the 55 trust for a 60 YEP. And the blue Turnigy 2200 4s are a little tired now but 5yrs and have hundreds of flights. I use Savox 0255 servos for good power.
to remove ads between posts
Dec 05, 2016, 12:46 PM
Fly It Like You Stole It!

Slick Fans...

...are still out there......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
Yeah I'm with you on the discontinued thing, damn shame. This is my go to plane, love everything about it. Handles the slow stuff and the high energy just as easily. I did the rudder mod when I first got it and the rudder has moved quite some time ago to this (second) airframe. Still have the same 42/38 NTM, only just changed out the 55 trust for a 60 YEP. And the blue Turnigy 2200 4s are a little tired now but 5yrs and have hundreds of flights. I use Savox 0255 servos for good power.
Hoverin, Just checked out some of your posts from 2012... Looks like you did a few must-do mods that must've really improved the flight characteristics of your HK Slick... I'm wishing I tore into the aft end of the fuse during the assembly phase & reinforced the section for the servos. This is one area that (was) really done poorly at the factory... I took a shortcut & reinforced the servo mounts on the exterior of the fuse. Not pretty at all but it serves the purpose well... Probably be looking into that custom over-sized rudder mod in the near future......

Keep ya posted with my flight reports & other HK 1.3M Slick stuff...
May 04, 2017, 09:04 PM
smoke is my wattmeter
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HAIK...f-0a3ab68b72a1

Getting cheaper
May 05, 2017, 10:23 AM

Slick 360 Resurrected...

...from the Orient... Still flyin' mine but not very often; however, I'm putting her back in rotation after swapping out most of the electronics over a long period of time......

Quote:
Originally Posted by krexken View Post
krexken, Found this same site (also) earlier this week. Take a look at the orange version & the note the size of the rudder. Don't know if this is actually the 1.3M ship or a picture of a larger version......

Slick 360 orange

Something that might be worth looking into for us Slick 360 pilots......
May 06, 2017, 04:49 AM
3D apprentice
Mine finally died, many repairs over the years, lots of good times. I broke a golden rule of mine, never get too clever on first battery and first flight of the morning.
Name: tmp_9294-20170505_084024-1024x5761063597372.jpg
Views: 71
Size: 323.8 KB
Description:
May 06, 2017, 11:28 AM
Just a bored guy
May 07, 2017, 11:27 AM

What Goes Up...

...sometimes comes back down & ends up in pieces......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin View Post
Mine finally died, many repairs over the years, lots of good times. I broke a golden rule of mine, never get too clever on first battery and first flight of the morning.
Attachment 10016140
Hoverin, Sorry for your mishap... From the photo it does look like major carnage. Sounds like she served you well, though. Time for a new ship to take your mind off this one. On the upside, replacements are still available as we've recently found out......
May 09, 2017, 10:49 PM
I ordered one from that website, credit card went through, then in two days I got a notice that I was refunded because seller hasn't shipped item yet. I didn't have high hopes for getting it anyway. I have one already but for $138 seems like a great price.
May 12, 2017, 07:16 PM
Another update, after the refund on the first order, I ordered a orange one from another seller on that website., they shipped it in one day and I have tracking from FedEx, should be here Tuesday. $134 shipped. Not bad. I already have one, that I crashed and rebuilt the motorbox, flies great still. I'm excited to have a fresh one.
May 12, 2017, 09:46 PM
Double post
May 13, 2017, 09:56 PM
3D apprentice
I left it too late. Slick not available from Alixpress now. Oh well
Aug 02, 2017, 11:00 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by UT Raptor View Post
Another update, after the refund on the first order, I ordered a orange one from another seller on that website., they shipped it in one day and I have tracking from FedEx, should be here Tuesday. $134 shipped. Not bad. I already have one, that I crashed and rebuilt the motorbox, flies great still. I'm excited to have a fresh one.
Any updates?
Aug 02, 2017, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX View Post
Any updates?
I'm interested as well. I still fly mine all the time and its my goto plane for 3d. To me that size is just perfect. Not too big and not to little.
Aug 02, 2017, 12:05 PM
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
http://www.zyhobby.com/index.php?mai...dex&cPath=8598

I found this site, I recognized few HK old planes. I have no experience with the seller.
Aug 02, 2017, 12:35 PM

(HK) 1.3M Slick 3D...

...is available......

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauconnier View Post
http://www.zyhobby.com/index.php?mai...dex&cPath=8598

I found this site, I recognized few HK old planes. I have no experience with the seller.
fauconnier, Good info. Thanks for posting this link......

Quick Reply