Mar 22, 2013, 07:07 AM
www.scotiarc.co.uk - OMP Helis
Chance to do any flying would be a fine thing. In these parts winter is showing us the sting in it's tail. It's been howling winds, freezing conditions and snow showers pretty much all of March. I've not been out once all month, and no sign of any let up. I've already written off any chance of flying this coming weekend
to remove ads between posts
Mar 22, 2013, 07:42 AM
how'd I do that....oh
Damn Steve that really sucks.we've been having some crappy wind,but it's actually been quite nice,since it's been crazy warm.this weekend looks promising so far with light winds forecast
Mar 22, 2013, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Chance to do any flying would be a fine thing. In these parts winter is showing us the sting in it's tail. It's been howling winds, freezing conditions and snow showers pretty much all of March. I've not been out once all month, and no sign of any let up. I've already written off any chance of flying this coming weekend
in london the same... but last thursday, than monday, tuesday, wednesday was near perfect! i did 10 packs every day... now back to 12-15mph wind...
Mar 22, 2013, 08:22 AM
how'd I do that....oh
12/15mph isn't too bad though.still flyable
Mar 22, 2013, 08:26 AM
flyable, even fun sometimes, but a so much wind im usually too lasy to get out... when its under 8, im nearly never too lasy!
Mar 22, 2013, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX
12/15mph isn't too bad though.still flyable
I'd take 12-15mph in a heartbeat. Gusting to 36mph today, tomorrow is forecast 28mph and Sunday 22mph. Been like that pretty much all month apart from a few days where it snowed or rained (or both) heavy all day, and during the week it's dark by the time I get out or work anyway.

I need to emigrate to somewhere warmer
Mar 22, 2013, 01:52 PM
Now, what does this button do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
I'd take 12-15mph in a heartbeat. Gusting to 36mph today, tomorrow is forecast 28mph and Sunday 22mph. Been like that pretty much all month apart from a few days where it snowed or rained (or both) heavy all day, and during the week it's dark by the time I get out or work anyway.

I need to emigrate to somewhere warmer
Nice and warm here at the mo. 24 C for the last few days, calm and more of the same forecast.
Mar 22, 2013, 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukiwi
Nice and warm here at the mo. 24 C for the last few days, calm and more of the same forecast.

Thanks, that makes me feel sooo much better
Still howling wind here, fine snow/hailstones blowing in the wind that stings your face. You wouldn't put the cat out in it.
Apr 03, 2013, 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverin
When did it go up? I did a few purchases last week Aus and Int warehouses and didn't notice anything. Depends on where you are I guess and where your nearest warehouse is. My postage was $13.99 for an airframe, Aus warehouse
I've found the trick about shipping prices, if you only order the plane all you get is CHINA EMS option...but if you add any other product (e,g.) wheels or a ciano ... then you'll have air parcel and China EMS options, really dont know why HK is doing this, I assume their bigger warehouse is not in hong kong so thats the reason why.
Apr 05, 2013, 12:22 AM
Just a bored guy
I let a friend fly my Slick yesterday. I had fun with a few knife edge spins and other stuff. I swapped in a fresh battery and gave him the tx. In the middle of a knife edge spin, one of the bullet connectors between the motor and esc came undone. He ended up dead stick landing it. The only damage was bent landing gear.
Apr 05, 2013, 03:38 AM
how'd I do that....oh
That's lucky
my new motor and servo's arrived lastweek,now just to find time to fit.
Apr 05, 2013, 06:10 PM
Just a bored guy
Definitely. It's about time I replace the landing gear. Does anyone know of any alternatives since the originals are not available?
Apr 05, 2013, 06:30 PM
Prefectionist
I have not tried them yet, but i THINK these are useable:
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...dproduct=10019

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
Definitely. It's about time I replace the landing gear. Does anyone know of any alternatives since the originals are not available?
Apr 05, 2013, 06:54 PM
Just a bored guy
Those would look really weird because of the fuse mounting width. They would also probably break on the first hard landing too.
Apr 06, 2013, 01:55 AM
The l/g of the 3DHS AJ slick is just about perfect: http://www.3dhobbyshop.com/51-AJ-Sli...r_p_14994.html

You would need to drill some new mounting holes but otherwise they would be just right.

Quick Reply