Thread Tools
Dec 18, 2012, 11:41 PM
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
Great vid Michael.but when you say " It was really an awesome 3d plane."
did you toast it??Wierd that I haven't seen it on the new items page.must have missed it
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Dec 18, 2012, 11:45 PM
Tree Trimmer
bonner's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Hey guys... Here's a great new plane from HK... I just finished the video... It is the Votec. It was really an awesome 3d plane.

http://youtu.be/DZA3CaIMBfw
Kinda reminds me of Value Hobby's 51" Sabre X. The battery tray for example looks ID to the Sabre X, but I'm sure it's just coincidental, not trying to start anything. lol.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:19 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop stiX
Wierd that I haven't seen it on the new items page.must have missed it
Because it's not so new, it's been available for around a year: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Seems to fly good but the landing gear mounting appears to be weak. Most owners seem to report it ripping out after a few flights.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:26 AM
how'd I do that....oh
chop stiX's Avatar
lol oh ok.hehe Thanx Steve
Anyone do any new vids?
haven't flown my Slickeroo for about 3 weeks now,but think she must taste some sky on Sunday
Dec 19, 2012, 03:07 AM
3D apprentice
Hoverin's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Because it's not so new, it's been available for around a year: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Seems to fly good but the landing gear mounting appears to be weak. Most owners seem to report it ripping out after a few flights.
Oh, must be taking up space in warehouses then...lol. When he says "an awesome 3D model" it's code for please buy it so the powers that be get off my back.... No offense Michael, you have a job to do.....
Dec 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
Because it's not so new, it's been available for around a year: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

Seems to fly good but the landing gear mounting appears to be weak. Most owners seem to report it ripping out after a few flights.
I poured epoxy in my landing gear area. It broke once, but it was more of a crack or slight shatter in the corner. I came straight down hard from a failed low knife edge attempt. I thought the plane was done, but I simply pressed the shattered bit back in place, then filled with more epoxy.
Dec 19, 2012, 10:00 AM
Grumpy old git.. Who me?
JetPlaneFlyer's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredom.is.me
I poured epoxy in my landing gear area. .
On the Votec?

I dont think the Slick needs it. It's pretty strong out of the box if you just run some CA in the joints.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:08 PM
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq
Looks nicely locked in on all those KE's. Pop-tops looked su-weet and harriers looked stable. But I didn't see the more demanding 3D stuff. For example I didn't see a KE spin. I saw what looked like an attempt at 2:44 but it was pretty ugly.

Oh, I LOVE the paint job!
No... it did the KE spins just fine... They are just throw the sticks forward stuff and I don"t really like that stuff as much so I didn't think it was interesting enough to leave in. the one there was for timing I think. I probably should have done a full long one. My fault. The tumbling is just not that much fun to do, so I generally don't think it is that interesting for you guys. The low slow stuff really shows off the airplane's capabilities.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:20 PM
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
Also, the truth is guys, this plane surprised the heck out of me. Lookat the rolling stuff, it was very light compared to others... and I kept saying holy crap the whole first flight... Really. I had a lot of reservations when I opened the box, but man it shocked me... For all its worth,I like it better than the slick.
Dec 19, 2012, 12:31 PM
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Also, the truth is guys, this plane surprised the heck out of me. Lookat the rolling stuff, it was very light compared to others... and I kept saying holy crap the whole first flight... Really. I had a lot of reservations when I opened the box, but man it shocked me... For all its worth,I like it better than the slick.
It looked more responsive and floaty in the video...

You have any information on the new slick?
Dec 19, 2012, 12:33 PM
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
Also, the truth is guys, this plane surprised the heck out of me. Lookat the rolling stuff, it was very light compared to others... and I kept saying holy crap the whole first flight... Really. I had a lot of reservations when I opened the box, but man it shocked me... For all its worth,I like it better than the slick.
Thanks for responding. Yes, it looks very good except for what I noted. The rollers did look great, but I figured that could just be your skill. The other "locked in" stuff is hard to fake.
Dec 19, 2012, 01:20 PM
Micro Boat Forum Founder
boredom.is.me's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetPlaneFlyer
On the Votec?

I dont think the Slick needs it. It's pretty strong out of the box if you just run some CA in the joints.
My bad. I thought you were talking about the slick.
Dec 19, 2012, 01:25 PM
Сделайте Америку Великой Снова
7oneWo1f's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo
They are just throw the sticks forward stuff and I don"t really like that stuff as much so I didn't think it was interesting enough to leave in. the one there was for timing I think.
We're not all as good as you. I like to see KE spins in, as well as walls, elevators, harriers. Might be because I don't know as much as you do either.
Dec 19, 2012, 10:16 PM
PA Team Pilot
mtwargo's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneWolfRC
We're not all as good as you. I like to see KE spins in, as well as walls, elevators, harriers. Might be because I don't know as much as you do either.
Thanks for the note... Bottom line is when I am in video mode, I pay more attention to things that really show off the precision and control of the plane like single rolling circles or things like that. But if you guys want to see walls, KE spins and things like that, I will be glad to put them in. Next vid is a new one of the Turning trix. The first vid was only 3 minutes of footage before a mechanical malfunnction. They sent another one. When I finish it, I will do the video, and I will take your advice.

Thanks
Dec 19, 2012, 11:18 PM
bryansifsof44's Avatar
Mike,
I think your flying this HK gear too hard... Didn't you just have a mechanical with one of your last videos?


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Official Hobbyking 720p HD Camera Thread jaskel FPV Equipment 541 Dec 07, 2016 04:16 PM
Build Log The Official Raven 3M build thread has begun. Windependence Sailplane Talk 1561 Aug 26, 2016 01:45 PM
Discussion Official-Twisted Hobbys Extra Slick 32" Slickinsaneness Build/Fly Thread Tom K. 3D Foamies 1377 Apr 06, 2016 06:24 AM
New Product Turnigy SLICK 3D 1.3M -HOBBYKING Official Build Thread will3d4food 3D Flying 1978 Jun 24, 2015 01:26 PM
New Product HK DuraFly Micro Slick 360 2S - Official Thread will3d4food Scratchbuilt Indoor and Micro Models 879 Feb 28, 2015 11:14 AM