May 08, 2017, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22 View Post
No.

In 3D HH trimming will have no effect until quite a bit of trim is applied and then your HH will unlock. In 3D no HH trimming would be OK until you change to another mode.
Unless direct rate is on; then, if the trim is large enough, the G will interpret the trim as a rate command, and continue to rotate the aircraft on that axis.
Quote:
In 2D trim will have the effect of applying a small offset to the established level setting. This might seem like a good idea but when you switch to a different mode or execute 1 or 2 gestures it can cause unwanted changes.

The right way to trim with a G is off, then execute 1 or 2 gestures after landing.
Best way to trim, hands down.
to remove ads between posts
May 10, 2017, 01:06 PM
Here's another case for the G from RMRC, for $4.99.
It encloses the G.
I just ordered some. They don't show them in stock, but if you contact them they will 3D print them for you.

https://www.readymaderc.com/store/in...oducts_id=3981
May 10, 2017, 05:05 PM
Where did that tree come from

Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer problem

Been flying with this Guardian 2D/3D Stabilizer for six months now with no problem. But today when I would put it in 3D mode it would change the ailerons by 2 or 3 degrees. 2D mode is fine. I had a servo to go out with me and I replace both ailerons servos. This was the first flight with the new servos in her. Do I have to go back and redo the trimming step as if it was the first time with the Guardian again ?
May 10, 2017, 06:17 PM
Yes
May 10, 2017, 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al M View Post
Yes
Okay. It's time to refresh my memory with the manual.
May 11, 2017, 08:03 AM
I'm back in business. Thanks AI M.

It's tough getting old.
May 11, 2017, 12:19 PM
Beats the alternative...
May 11, 2017, 06:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmisuinas View Post
Beats the alternative...
Fantastic reply!
May 14, 2017, 05:24 AM
Learning to crash
Just want to say Thanks Eagle Tree! Maidened the Guardian equipped P51 last night and she flew like she was on rails. Just kept it in 2D for a shakedown flight.

Maiden flight FMS1700 P-51 (6 min 10 sec)
May 14, 2017, 12:28 PM
"Some do, some don't"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom T View Post
Just want to say Thanks Eagle Tree! Maidened the Guardian equipped P51 last night and she flew like she was on rails. Just kept it in 2D for a shakedown flight.

https://youtu.be/a9j_Ip389JY
Tom,

Congratulations on the maiden, must say that model has a great "presence" in the air....

You know if more pilots followed your example on a maiden flight there would be a lot less crashes and you nailed that maiden landing great job.

Mark R.

old__coastie
Latest blog entry: bringbacktheumxjug
May 14, 2017, 06:34 PM
Learning to crash
Thanks Mark. Just flew it cautiously to get the feel of it. Is my first large'ish warbird (have the 1.2 blondie and 1.2 Spitfire) and wasnt exactly sure how sluggish it was going to feel. Might have come in a little hot with half flaps, but didnt want to slow down too much.
Jun 25, 2017, 10:10 PM
An aspirational fast jet pilot
Does anyone know if you can run dual elevators (separate servos on separate channels) on the Guardian?
Jun 26, 2017, 06:40 AM
Closed Account
Assuming you're not talking about elevons, then not directly connected to the Guardian, but the single elevator channel can be connected to, for example, a SmartFly Equalizer II (http://www.smart-fly.com/equalizer-ii).
and that gives you individual center / reverse / end point adjustments and the Guardian controls both elevators thinking it is only one.

I've used one for several flying seasons on my 1/4-scale RV-4 and it has worked great.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great_Goose View Post
Does anyone know if you can run dual elevators (separate servos on separate channels) on the Guardian?
Jun 26, 2017, 09:33 AM
I had the same question, but GG beat me to it.
The Equalizer looks like a good solution, but it's out of stock.

Unless someone has a better solution I think I'll just put the servos on a Y.
Jun 26, 2017, 11:24 AM
Closed Account
A "Y" will work unless you have to reverse one of the servos (my case).

If you are flying with a Spektrum Rx, it is my understanding that a servo reverser is prohibited; a "Y" will not work in that case.

Some Hitec servos can be reversed using their programmer.

If a "Y" will work, then simpler is better, IMHO.

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearprop88 View Post
I had the same question, but GG beat me to it.
The Equalizer looks like a good solution, but it's out of stock.

Unless someone has a better solution I think I'll just put the servos on a Y.

Quick Reply