Apr 16, 2021, 01:02 PM
Looking at the manual for the Futaba gyro, it seems you have to mount it to an adjustable platform, so you can set level mechanically after several test flights. It says so, indirectly, for pitch, so I'm assuming the same is true for roll. It is far easier with the G, as you just mount it 'close enough', and use the set level command to compensate for any offsets.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2021, 01:09 PM
Clearprop88 - I had not seen the Futaba offering. Very interesting. It does lack the Heading Hold capability of the ETG though and is also the usual Futaba expensive.

Eihoward - I hadnít picked up on the lack of speed for recovery, of the A3S3. I shall look at that thread for it. Pity.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Apr 16, 2021, 01:16 PM
https://www.lindinger.at/media/74/a1..._EN_Manual.pdf

Wintr - page 26 of this manual is what you are talking about ? Yes agree that the ETG appears to be easier to install correctly.
Apr 16, 2021, 02:05 PM
The Futaba unit is very similar to an old Dualsky unit, check this thread.
Apr 16, 2021, 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
Looking at the manual for the Futaba gyro, it seems you have to mount it to an adjustable platform, so you can set level mechanically after several test flights. It says so, indirectly, for pitch, so I'm assuming the same is true for roll. It is far easier with the G, as you just mount it 'close enough', and use the set level command to compensate for any offsets.
I see what you mean.
i just reviewed the manual.

I installed the gyro in a plane and had no problem with the gyro functioning as advertised.
I did the installation about 4 years so I don't remember exactly the details of the installation.
Anyway I usually use a bubble level when I install a gyro just to get it close to level.
The in flight trimming got it working.

Right , the guardian is hard to beat.
Apr 16, 2021, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eihoward
The Futaba unit is very similar to an old Dualsky unit, check this thread.
I've used the Dualsky gyro's too.
I found that they worked well.
Apr 17, 2021, 10:28 AM
eihoward and clearprop88 ........thanks I will look at the dualsky fc-150.
Apr 17, 2021, 02:21 PM
Here's another one to take a look at.
NX3 EVO.
It's an excellent gyro.
I've used these on my planes.
Very cheap. Look on eBay.
There's also a thread on RCGroups .
Apr 17, 2021, 02:38 PM
Clearprop88. ....... ha ha. I just ordered one from Banggood before seeing your post. Thanks. Yes it looks promising.

Re the DualSky FC 150 - the emergency recovery requires you to set up a mix ? I cannot see what that requires and have posted on the eihoward thread on it. Don’t want to contaminate this ETG thread. I think highlighting alternatives is okay but not discussing them extensively.

eihoward - I did read up about the Eagle A3Super3 and folks have said it it a bit slow/variable in recovery mode ? Thinking whether to try it anyway?
Apr 17, 2021, 02:41 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I am happy to draw a line under my question about alternatives for the ETG now and leave this thread to focus on ETG specific issues. ( I have bought a few of the alternatives to try).

Quick Reply