This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jan 28, 2020, 03:32 PM
Thanks. Will look up more.
to remove ads between posts
Jan 28, 2020, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
Dual rates and expo work pretty much as you would expect in the air but ground observations often confuse new users, just ignore that.

So what would you expect with low rate and expo in 2D. 2D commands a bank angle. With low rate and expo it commands less of a bank angle. So you may have to use more stick or switch the rate up to get the turn rate you want, especially if it is a fast plane. Pretty logical and predictable really.
Or, enable Center Stick Stabilization, which reduces control by the G as the stick moves off center, allowing stronger maneuvers when needed.
Jan 28, 2020, 05:18 PM
So, maybe I will start with my dual rates and expo as usual for a new plane and leave the Direct Rate 3D Control "Enable" with the rates in the middle and see how it goes.
Jan 28, 2020, 06:24 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by dochoot
So, maybe I will start with my dual rates and expo as usual for a new plane and leave the Direct Rate 3D Control "Enable" with the rates in the middle and see how it goes.
Good plan
Jan 31, 2020, 11:56 PM
last question (unlikely) I am using the software and I would like to have 3D-Mode with Heading Hold. Enable is checked but greyed out and can't make it Disable. What needs to be done to set the Heading Hold feature Enable and disable? Set up on the 2D.
Thanks in advance.
Feb 01, 2020, 01:19 AM
Rick
That checkbox is a relic from an earlier version and has no function. Assign your modes on the Mode Selection tab as described in the New User's Guide.
Feb 15, 2020, 06:39 AM
Are there any official resellers of the guardian in the UK? I normally buy them from Hobbyking, but they have not had any UK stock for ages.
Feb 15, 2020, 12:19 PM
Will it ever happen
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPJI
Are there any official resellers of the guardian in the UK? I normally buy them from Hobbyking, but they have not had any UK stock for ages.
I bought one from the Allendale Group Hoddesdon try 01992 450780.

It was 70.
Feb 15, 2020, 01:40 PM
there is a good used one on ebay for 35 do me a favour and buy it, i dont need another as i have 7 guardians but i am tempted to have it
Feb 15, 2020, 01:46 PM
Why are they so expensive in the U.K.?
Feb 16, 2020, 03:01 AM
since no one is buying the one on ebay i might just snap it up and then i will have 8 of them
Feb 21, 2020, 09:18 PM
I have a question, how far to the side of the center line can the Guardian be and still work? John
Feb 22, 2020, 02:14 AM
Rick
Not really a problem. If it's inside the fuse it will be fine.
Feb 22, 2020, 09:40 AM
Thank you choochoo. John
Feb 23, 2020, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteMenter
I bought one from the Allendale Group Hoddesdon try 01992 450780.

It was 70.
Thanks. Never heard of the allendale group. Will look into them. Bit pricey at 70 - I normally pay around 50 form Hobbyking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher
there is a good used one on ebay for 35 do me a favour and buy it, i dont need another as i have 7 guardians but i am tempted to have it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher
since no one is buying the one on ebay i might just snap it up and then i will have 8 of them
LOL. I have seen them on ebay, but I always worry that these may be either faulty or fake. The guardian I need at the moment is going into a home-build that took about 12 months to complete and if I dared to add up the cost would probably be well north of 500. Would not want to risk an 'unknown' guardian in that - too much emotional investment!

I have just noticed that Hobbyking do have them in stock in the international warehouse at 49. I think I will just order several from there and suck up the courriers 'handling fee' & import duty. If I order a load, at least the handling fee will be less per unit. Its a pity we cannot prepay the import duty to eliminate the couriers random handling fee.

First world problems eh?

I am surprised that EagleTree have not got an authorised uk distributor (or authorised ebay seller) that sells them at a fair price.

Quick Reply