This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Sep 29, 2019, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Reacher
Is there any talk of a all new guardian product being released?
The current version is just about perfect. I think I have 15 of them ! A new version would be intriguing, but I hope they keep the cost reasonable. I've used other stabilizer's (Demon Cortex, Aura, Hobby Eagle), but I keep coming back to the Guardian for it's simplicity.
to remove ads between posts
Sep 29, 2019, 01:29 PM
Rick
There was some discussion on a Guardian V2. ET started a new discussion thread to get feedback. It was sounding intriguing. The project was killed though a couple of years ago and there are no current signs of any such project.
Sep 29, 2019, 01:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
There was some discussion on a Guardian V2. ET started a new discussion thread to get feedback. It was sounding intriguing. The project was killed though a couple of years ago and there are no current signs of any such project.
Okay, but as a lkot of us feel the present G does a superb job any way, i have 7 Gs 5 are in planes, im building a mini skyhunter thats getting no 6 and might put the last one in the all new volantex phoenix S 1600 thats heading my way
Sep 29, 2019, 01:49 PM
Do you know what the latest firmware update is?
Sep 29, 2019, 01:54 PM
Data Recorder BETA Software Version 10.72. In beta since August 12, 2016?
Sep 29, 2019, 07:33 PM
Rick
Their practice over the years has been to post the newest version as a beta, while the previous beta becomes a release version. At this point you can consider 10.72 safe.
Oct 02, 2019, 10:58 AM
Alain
Hello
I have mounted a Guardian in my Multiplex Funjet. (setting "elevon")

On the PC software, 3D tab, I have no access at the setting "3D heading hold". It is not active and I cannot select enable or disable.

Is this normal?

Edit: answer found in post 14517
Last edited by mankwee; Oct 02, 2019 at 11:51 AM. Reason: answer found
Oct 05, 2019, 03:54 PM
Remain Calm
Odd problem. Not my first Guardian to program. Programming through the latest version of Data Recorder. Using a normal Spektrum receiver and a DX18 transmitter.
Everything looks normal on the dashboard, but the ailerons do not have any corrective movement while the elevator and rudder work normally. When I cycle the mode switch, only the elevator twitches. The ailerons move normally to transmitter input.
Two other things: this unit was involved in a crash. Also, whenever I attempt to upload the newest firmware, it never seems to 'stick'.
Oct 06, 2019, 03:04 AM
One thing you can't program through the data recorder is the position of the potentiometers! Have you tried adjusting the aileron pot?
Oct 06, 2019, 06:55 AM
Remain Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevorh
One thing you can't program through the data recorder is the position of the potentiometers! Have you tried adjusting the aileron pot?
Yes, in both directions (just in case). I don’t think that would keep the ailerons from ‘signaling’ when you toggle the mode switch. Still, worth checking again. Thanks.
Oct 06, 2019, 02:58 PM
Well, I am almost through all 1000 pages. What an amazing thread and posters. My G has been sitting in the drawer for 2 years because I couldn’t fathom the written manual. Well, thanks to Choochoo, and Mapes, and more it is installed and looks to be operating correctly.

The latest firmware is installed and the G reprogrammed several times as I progressed through the postings. But, just a few things to clear up. I wish to hand launch a 3D plane. Do I set the attitude then switch the G to 3D hh or is there a stick mixing procedure to follow before launch?

Can I use expo in G mode? Effect?

What does changing the default setting from 2D to 3D accomplish?

Dave
Last edited by Grumman Boy; Oct 06, 2019 at 07:51 PM.
Oct 10, 2019, 04:55 PM
Rick
Did you try the New User's Guide on my blog page? It lays out the steps you need and answers many questions.

There are two ways to set up a 3D launch. They both work, dealer's choice.
  • While pointing the plane where you want it to go, activate 3DHH.
  • With 3DHH active, point the plane where you want it to go and wiggle the right stick.
Either way, you should always verify the HH is active before launching by moving the plane and observing at least one surface moving correctly. Note that taxiing with the rudder does not break the attitude lock on the other axes. Not an issue with hand launch.

In flight, expo will have an effect similar to without the Guardian but it will probably not look as you expect on the ground. Ignore the ground behavior. In 3D you may notice a side effect that the neutral deadband seems bigger with expo.

The default 2D/3D setting is mainly useful if you must setup a plane without enough channels for mode control. You can select which mode will be permanently active. It could also have some application with failsafe but there are generally better ways to deal with failsafe if your radio is capable.
Oct 12, 2019, 11:24 PM

elevator issue

I am putting a guardian in the new phoenix S 1600 power glider and for some reason the G is having a problem with elevator, on the sticks i am getting full up travel but very little down travel, i have checked all the radio settings, could not find any thing out so i just plugged the elevator direct to RX and it works as it should, the aileron and rudder are fine, this is just in pass through mode not tried it in 2D....any idea?
Oct 13, 2019, 12:59 AM
Rick
Have you made any changes to the servo limits?
Oct 13, 2019, 01:52 AM
no none in the radio, and the guardian was a second hand one i picked up, i am going to reset every thing on the guardian and see if that works failing that it will have to come out and i fly the new phoenix just on the radio

Quick Reply