This thread is privately moderated by billpa, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 09, 2019, 08:19 PM
Interesting; once I connect a Guardian, I get your PIC 1, unless the firmware is different from that in Data Recorder, which is when I see the firmware update screen, even if the firmware in the G is newer. Perhaps you use other ET devices with your PC? I have only ever used a G with mine.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2019, 08:39 PM
Michael

Same,, Here

I only have Guardians, so my screens and flow are as you described. Windoz 10 Pro, but several HW platforms - behavior identical...

Michael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
Interesting; once I connect a Guardian, I get your PIC 1, unless the firmware is different from that in Data Recorder, which is when I see the firmware update screen, even if the firmware in the G is newer. Perhaps you use other ET devices with your PC? I have only ever used a G with mine.
Jun 09, 2019, 09:03 PM
Rick
Quote:
I did have an eLogger connected a few years ago but it's never been clear that caused the change in behavior. A few posts back Dennis said his also goes to PIC 2. I wonder if he ever had anything but Guardians connected? It appears cMM's system wants to go to PIC 2 but doesn't seem to be fully installed, not a clue what's blocking that.
Jun 09, 2019, 09:09 PM
Yes I have used an e-Logger and it actually always prompts this configuration on start up. Which makes matters worse as you have confirm this also before you can change the hardware to Guardian
Jun 09, 2019, 10:20 PM
Mach One
Quote:
When I try to start Data Recorder with no hardware connected, I get this:

I've never seen the window cMM posted.
I also get this screen on my LAPTOP but not on my PC.
Latest blog entry: ESC and BEC Steup
Jun 10, 2019, 02:06 AM
Rick
OK, so the working theory would seem to be that if you have ever connected anything besides a Guardian it will forever more boot up into PIC 2, the eLogger screen. Annoying sometimes but plausible and minor I guess, but it doesn't help cMM with his problem.

I have only two ideas; Uninstall the Data Recorder completely, including all registry entries, etc. Unfortunately this may not be easy to do without special tools and knowledge. Installing software on Windows is like magnetizing a piece of iron, you can neutralize the effects but you can never restore the original condition. The other idea is to contact ET and ask them for advice.
Jun 18, 2019, 07:52 AM
I’m considering one of these but I have a five pound model with a 73 inch wing span, and the manual warns against large or heavy models. Anyone using one in a similar model? Thanks
Jun 18, 2019, 12:04 PM
Mark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alopath
I’m considering one of these but I have a five pound model with a 73 inch wing span, and the manual warns against large or heavy models. Anyone using one in a similar model? Thanks
I'm running a G in a similar sized model. Works OK. Is yours
IC? If yes then think about additional damping such as this: https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...-1-4-scale-Cub
Jun 18, 2019, 12:05 PM
Thanks. Electric.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Iím considering one of these but I have a five pound model with a 73 inch wing span, and the manual warns against large or heavy models. Anyone using one in a similar model? Thanks
I'm using a G in a 78 inch 15 pound Extra.
Look at Choochoos guide.
He has recommendations for using the G in larger planes.
Jun 18, 2019, 12:13 PM
Michael

Isolate Servo Power

If you read Rick's (choochoo22) New User Guide, there is a reference to power distribution (http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=354219).

I have some largish digital servos that can draw quite a bit of current and also run on higher voltages than I care to use directly with my Rx and/or Guardian. By separating the power from the signal (Rx/Guardian handles ground and signal), things work quite nicely.

There are many commercially available devices designed to isolate servo voltage from Rx/Guardian. My installation is so old (still functioning) that I'm sure there are newer (potentially better) products available.

Michael
Quote:
Iím considering one of these but I have a five pound model with a 73 inch wing span, and the manual warns against large or heavy models. Anyone using one in a similar model? Thanks
Jun 18, 2019, 04:15 PM
Thanks!
Jun 20, 2019, 12:17 PM
ET just announced a 20% sale.
I wonder if they're selling off inventory in preparation for a new product release.
I hope so.
Jun 21, 2019, 06:34 PM
RC Aircraft Junkie
My Guardian just stopped working and Data Recorder does not see any device when USB cable is plugged in. This unit has been installed and working correctly in my Freewing F-15 for a few years. Says Rev B on bottom and 2012, Eagle Tree Systems. Light comes on when USB is plugged in or power is supplied by aileron cable from Rx.

Any body have any suggestions for trouble shooting?
Jun 21, 2019, 07:24 PM
Phone or email eagletree.

Quick Reply