Jun 08, 2019, 02:42 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by goatbasket
...Curious that my system is now wired up incorrectly according to the instructions, yet it works fine....
It's not common but I have seen examples where the labels on the harness connectors were missing or wrong. The correct order, as seen at the multi wire connector is as follows. It's likely that if you compare yours you will find the labels are wrong. Work from the white 8 pin connector starting with the black ground wire:

GND +5v AIL MOD
GAN ELE AUX RUD

Anyway, glad the problem is fixed and good luck with your flying. You've already covered much of the content but you may still find some information of interest in the New User Guide on my blog page, just click on my username in this post. Let us know how it goes.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 08, 2019, 05:54 PM
Mach One

Software not recognizing 2D/3D Guardian

For some reason my version 10.69 software is not recognizing my new Guardian. I have the software installed on two PCs but my main one, the desk top, the software open the following page (see picture below) and is unable to recognize the Guardian. The software on my laptop does recognize it and asks me to hookup the devise. I have removed and reinstalled the software on my desktop PC but it keeps doing the same. Anyone know why this is happening?
Thanks!!
Jun 08, 2019, 06:23 PM
Rick
I hate connection issues, I'm having some of that myself on some unrelated equipment.

What usually happens when you connect your Guardian? Does it go directly to the Guardian setup page as in PIC 1 or do you go the the Data Recorder page as in PIC 2?
Jun 08, 2019, 06:27 PM
Mine always goes to picture #2 on start up.
Jun 08, 2019, 10:26 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochoo22
I hate connection issues, I'm having some of that myself on some unrelated equipment.

What usually happens when you connect your Guardian? Does it go directly to the Guardian setup page as in PIC 1 or do you go the the Data Recorder page as in PIC 2?
On my desk top it goes direct to picture 2 data recorder without the dials as shown in my picture above and on my laptop it goes to picture 1
Jun 09, 2019, 02:28 AM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo
For some reason my version 10.69 software is not recognizing my new Guardian. I have the software installed on two PCs but my main one, the desk top, the software open the following page (see picture below) and is unable to recognize the Guardian....
Quote:
On my desk top it goes direct to picture 2 data recorder without the dials as shown in my picture above and on my laptop it goes to picture 1
When the Guardian was first released mine opened to the Guardian PC app as in PIC 1 (earlier version of course). At some point a few years ago it switched to opening to PIC 2. Honestly I never did understand why. At around that time I did connect an eLogger and I always attributed the change to that, although there was no apparent connection between the events.

Perhaps this is what you are seeing on your desktop Capt., while for some reason the laptop still opens to PIC 1. If so, and this is the first time you've seen this, it could be confusing but isn't anything to worry about. The screenshot you posted looks like you haven't finished the installation. Just finish the installation so PIC 2 opens as shown. Once open, there is a drop down list labeled "Hardware". The fourth item on the list is the Guardian, once selected it opens like PIC 1 if a G is connected.

Once mine started opening to the eLogger screen it hasn't opened directly to the Guardian screen again. Actually mine opens first with a popup to select the model for the eLogger, that might not happen if you have never had an eLogger connected, but it dismisses with an OK click. I think a lot of people see it open to the eLogger screen even if they've never had one. Dennis just mentioned that his does this, but your laptop still opens to the Guardian. I've no idea which is prevalent but consider it one more computer mystery not worth solving.
Jun 09, 2019, 11:58 AM
Mach One
Quote:
When the Guardian was first released mine opened to the Guardian PC app as in PIC 1 (earlier version of course). At some point a few years ago it switched to opening to PIC 2. Honestly I never did understand why. At around that time I did connect an eLogger and I always attributed the change to that, although there was no apparent connection between the events.

Perhaps this is what you are seeing on your desktop Capt., while for some reason the laptop still opens to PIC 1. If so, and this is the first time you've seen this, it could be confusing but isn't anything to worry about. The screenshot you posted looks like you haven't finished the installation. Just finish the installation so PIC 2 opens as shown. Once open, there is a drop down list labeled "Hardware". The fourth item on the list is the Guardian, once selected it opens like PIC 1 if a G is connected.

Once mine started opening to the eLogger screen it hasn't opened directly to the Guardian screen again. Actually mine opens first with a popup to select the model for the eLogger, that might not happen if you have never had an eLogger connected, but it dismisses with an OK click. I think a lot of people see it open to the eLogger screen even if they've never had one. Dennis just mentioned that his does this, but your laptop still opens to the Guardian. I've no idea which is prevalent but consider it one more computer mystery not worth solving.
I have tried and no drop down menus appear. This is very frustrating and I donít know what else to do.
Jun 09, 2019, 12:27 PM
Michael
Long shot, but have you tried a different USB cable? It sounds as if the data signal is being corrupted; assuming that the SW loaded/installed correctly.

Michael
Quote:
I have tried and no drop down menus appear. This is very frustrating and I donít know what else to do.
Jun 09, 2019, 12:36 PM
Mach One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowflake6515
Long shot, but have you tried a different USB cable? It sounds as if the data signal is being corrupted; assuming that the SW loaded/installed correctly.

Michael
Itís the same cable I use with my laptop. It all worked before and now suddenly itís not. And I have tried to uninstall the software on my desktop and install again but it keeps doing the same thing.
Jun 09, 2019, 01:00 PM
Hate to say it, but you may need to fully uninstall the program and install it again; it may need the driver to be renewed, and this is the only way I know of to do that.
Jun 09, 2019, 01:07 PM
Rick
Quote:
I have tried and no drop down menus appear. This is very frustrating and I don’t know what else to do.
I'm confused. Are you saying you can't get past the setup screen you posted? What happens when you click "next".
Last edited by choochoo22; Jun 09, 2019 at 01:20 PM.
Jun 09, 2019, 01:37 PM
Mach One
Quote:
I'm confused. Are you saying you can't get past the setup screen you posted? What happens when you click "next".
Yup! It exits the window.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program version 10.69 which is the version I had before. I will keep trying as it makes no sense why my laptop works and desk too does not. They both have the same windows operating system.
Jun 09, 2019, 01:50 PM
Rick
I really don't know much about software installation issues so keep that in mind but it doesn't seem like a driver issue if you can't get the software installed. You should be able to install the software without hardware attached. I can open the software to PIC 2, pull down the hardware list, and select the Guardian all with no ET hardware connected. It will fail to open the G page (PIC 1) if no G is attached, however.
Jun 09, 2019, 04:07 PM
When I try to start Data Recorder with no hardware connected, I get this:

I've never seen the window cMM posted.
Jun 09, 2019, 07:20 PM
Rick
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr
When I try to start Data Recorder with no hardware connected, I get this:

I've never seen the window cMM posted.
I never see the screen cMM posted, although it could have come up back when the software was installed. I never see the screen you posted either. The clip below shows what I see opening the Data Recorder both with no ET devices attached and with a G attached. Note that the firmware warning screen comes up even though no G is attached, apparently remembering the last connection, and it is offering to "update" to an older version. Curious that we all get such different screens and sequences using what is supposedly the same software.

Data Recorder (0 min 55 sec)

Quick Reply