Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:37 AM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Discussion

Is Payroll Tax for Social Security Ending and Will It All Be Paid By the Employer?


Will covering the entire cost of Social Security be another tax burden placed upon Employers? Seems like a huge RED cloud is settling over the United States and it ain't caused by Sunshine.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Feb 15, 2012, 09:49 AM
logan5 is online now
Find More Posts by logan5
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LcJ View Post
Will covering the entire cost of Social Security be another tax burden placed upon Employers? Seems like a huge RED cloud is settling over the United States and it ain't caused by Sunshine.
why not just let people decide if they want to even be in the Social Security program ...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:48 AM
lymon is offline
Find More Posts by lymon
Senior Member
Either way it is a cost tied to having employees. The current fiction is that the employer and employee share the cost, but it doesn't change the reality... it is a 15% tax on your wages, incurred by your employment.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:54 AM
P-51C is offline
Find More Posts by P-51C
Reserved Parking
P-51C's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
why not just let people decide if they want to even be in the Social Security program ...
Ummmm, control maybe?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:23 AM
RumRunner_1492 is online now
Find More Posts by RumRunner_1492
It's 5 O'clock Somewhere
RumRunner_1492's Avatar
Obama's budget for this year only put every person in America $17,000 deeper in debt. Obviously, we no longer care about paying for our obligations.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:43 AM
LcJ is offline
LcJ
Find More Posts by LcJ
LcJ
Forever TMWT Pilot #11
LcJ's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon View Post
Either way it is a cost tied to having employees. The current fiction is that the employer and employee share the cost, but it doesn't change the reality... it is a 15% tax on your wages, incurred by your employment.
Excellent point. Makes me wonder if all income taxes paid by the employee are actually born indirectly by the employer......which they are and yet all that cost is figured into the selling price of the items sold. Nothing is free and everything is born basically those who actually work.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: RC Logger's Eye One Xtreme Quad
Old Feb 16, 2012, 12:02 AM
Real Ira is online now
Find More Posts by Real Ira
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
Shift it to the employer and it is just part of your total compensation package which will not necessarily change unless you make minimum wage.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 07:08 AM
Highflight is offline
Find More Posts by Highflight
Out of Time
Quote:
Originally Posted by lymon View Post
Either way it is a cost tied to having employees. The current fiction is that the employer and employee share the cost, but it doesn't change the reality... it is a 15% tax on your wages, incurred by your employment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
Shift it to the employer and it is just part of your total compensation package which will not necessarily change unless you make minimum wage.
Neither.

Shifting yet another unfunded mandate to employers is going to come from somewhere, but not "business".
Just as NO business EVER pays taxes because the taxes they pay are in the "cost of doing business" which plays into what the company charges for their goods and services in order to reclaim what they pay in taxes, so would be the payroll tax.
Prices will go up, job pay will go down, and Leftists get to blame business again for doing nothing more than doing business.


I love all this talk because as the huge number of boomers who are self-employed retire with our lifetime-earned savings, the taxes we pay and the payroll we pay will disappear, and we can all stand there ROTFLOAO at a Leftist government that has lost it's way.
But hey, all you younger generations who voted for this crap; good luck with that.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:11 PM
Real Ira is online now
Find More Posts by Real Ira
Not THAT Ira
Real Ira's Avatar
HF maybe you misunderstood me.
Employers will simply factor in the cost of this mandate when the divide up the total cost of compensation to determine what portion is take home for the employee. The result will simple be a lower observed wage by the worker.
A very sneaky way to raise workers taxes really.
Old Feb 16, 2012, 02:39 PM
Wrench is offline
Find More Posts by Wrench
Registered User
Wrench's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Ira View Post
HF maybe you misunderstood me.
Employers will simply factor in the cost of this mandate when the divide up the total cost of compensation to determine what portion is take home for the employee. The result will simple be a lower observed wage by the worker.
A very sneaky way to raise workers taxes really.
Exactly.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Mortgage fee paying for payroll tax cut MtnGoat Life, The Universe, and Politics 10 Feb 06, 2012 10:02 PM
Discussion Maybe social security can be saved. Jim Thomerson Life, The Universe, and Politics 103 Jan 04, 2012 08:25 PM
Discussion Fee for a service paid for by tax dollars Marten Life, The Universe, and Politics 3 Dec 16, 2011 07:21 PM
Discussion 1.75 private sector workers for each Social Security recipient ... logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 92 Sep 20, 2011 01:22 AM
Social Security Threatened by the tax cuts for the wealthy me11owman Life, The Universe, and Politics 40 Mar 01, 2004 11:52 PM