FFF Magnum Reloaded - Page 2 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Feb 15, 2012, 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Here is another neat video. I wish there was a kit out there.

This was designed by Martin Muller......

Ken
Hi Ken,

You need to send Greg at wmparkflyers.com an email. He has been in contact with Martin and it looks as though he plans to produce kits of the Magnum reloaded.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 15, 2012, 05:43 PM
Ken's CAD Models
Quote:
Originally Posted by r/cdawg
Hi Ken,

You need to send Greg at wmparkflyers.com an email. He has been in contact with Martin and it looks as though he plans to produce kits of the Magnum reloaded.

Thanks for the heads up on that. Greg currently does work for me. I will get in touch with him.

Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Feb 16, 2012, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dz1sfb
Plans in the works along with a SketchUp file.
Hi Ken,

there is already a free download for the plan:

http://modell-aviator.de/files/downl...lan_Magnum.pdf

Jürgen
Feb 16, 2012, 02:05 AM
Regular RCG readers should have spotted the MAGNUM Reloaded long before :

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/memb...archive=201004

Jürgen
Feb 16, 2012, 03:43 AM
Hi Jürgen,

I already posted that link. See post # 10

I'm happy that the Magnum is now going to spread over the U.S. I'm sure it will become very popular there now.

Greetings from Germany,
Andreas
Feb 16, 2012, 06:29 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Jürgen,
Initially my thoughts were of plans for the FFF version of this plane. I will wait to get the first one prototyped to root out any issues though.

This is a delightful design and is sure to become popular in here. I saw it in another thread in RCGroups, but not much more than a short blurb.

Thanks for checking in,
Ken
Latest blog entry: Ken's CAD Models new web site
Feb 16, 2012, 08:40 AM
SG Talon... Super Genius.
Jurgen!!

What we really need from Germany is the plans for that Flying - Kite Dragon that you posted a video of back in 2007!
Feb 16, 2012, 04:51 PM
Martin and Ken are two of my most favorite designers! Very talented individuals. I'm anxious to see Martins design on this side of the pond with Kens FFF mods. Bound to
be a sweet flyer and a practical building plane. I can't wait to add this one to my hanger.
Thanks Gentlemen, I'll be following closelly. Warm regards, Jim
Feb 17, 2012, 01:53 AM
Ken,
the battery cavity will cause that the wing will not be removable anymore. In the original plans, the win can be detached and is held by neodym magnets at the rear. The leading edge is being clamped between the upper and lower fuse part. You can see this in the german forum here.
Feb 17, 2012, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by project80
Ken,
the battery cavity will cause that the wing will not be removable anymore. In the original plans, the win can be detached and is held by neodym magnets at the rear. The leading edge is being clamped between the upper and lower fuse part. You can see this in the german forum here.
That is something to think about Ken. In the original EPP plans there is a break line dropping down from the wing. The lower section is glued to the bottom of the wing. This would give you the ability to eliminate the hatches and have access from the wing cavity below.

Chiming in ... might have to get the phlat printer finished now

Greg M
Feb 17, 2012, 07:07 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Andreas,

Yes I noticed that feature, and very nice it is. However, I wanted to build this first one as a one piece aircraft. I may change up the file later. I would like to develop a full fuselage without those holes in the tail (though I think they look good on this model) for structural consideration of the material. Then I would want the removable wing.

Got my first set of parts cut out last night. Total wieght of all foam parts including the firewall minus the float parts was 4.0 oz on the button. Float parts weight was 1.2 oz.

If you've followed my VLF builds you know that I laminate the three center lams on the fuselage first. No exception on this one. On this one though I am going to taper the fuselage width from just behind the servos to a single foam thickness at the tail. I will likely add a thin carbon rod upper and lower longeron inside the outer lamination to avert snapping the tail end off. So the intent is to sand the taper in the center lams and add the uninterrupted outside lamination as the finishing touch.

Spoke with Fabian on the possibility of purchasing some of his EPP kits of this plane. Andreas mentioned that he paid 25 euros for his. Shipping cost for a single kit is very prohibitive. The best cost for quantity breakdown is to purchase 32 kits. With shipping each kit would cost 25.41 euros ($33.41 USD). That is a good price and I would buy one in a heartbeat, but I cannot buy 32 kits. Anyone have an idea of how to make a practical group purchase?

Ken
Last edited by dz1sfb; Feb 17, 2012 at 07:43 AM.
Feb 17, 2012, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMParkFlyer
That is something to think about Ken. In the original EPP plans there is a break line dropping down from the wing. The lower section is glued to the bottom of the wing. This would give you the ability to eliminate the hatches and have access from the wing cavity below.

Greg M
That's excactly how I installed the electronics. The receiver is placed in the bottom of the fuse, right above the wing. I have cut a channel into the fuse there, which also offers room to lead the ESC and servo wires to the receiver.

The 12A ESC is placed inside the area at the lower front end of the fuselage. I have closed it completely after installing the ESC, to prevent water from getting in. Up to now, I had no problems with overheating with the setup I use.
Feb 17, 2012, 01:27 PM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer
Oh man Ken, here you go again!

This guy was mentioned somewhere else a few weeks ago. Did I see you post in that thread too? Can't remember.
RET so you know I love it. Definitely would love to fly it. No time to build it so I will live vicariously through whoever does first.
I am the one who posted about this plane a few weeks ago. You can find my post with a search for "magnum reloaded" or look for my posts at my blog page.
At this time I have cut out the fuse from blue insulation foam and the landing gear. My next move is the finish the last pieces and start putting it all together.
Right now I am splitting my time between this build and getting ready my brushless Kyosho blizzard (snow track vehicle). But, wouldn't you know it, we have not had a decent snow here in Kentucky all winter!!
Oh well, I will post some recent photos soon. And I will follow this post to see what we can learn from each other.
Feb 17, 2012, 01:34 PM
Team OFG (Old Fat Guys)

Magnum pics

I made templates from cardbaord cutting both a positive and negative image. I figure I can use whichever works best.
Here I have cut out the fuse.