Apr 28, 2019, 07:04 AM
Tony Audsley Retired Locksmith
Quote:
Magnum is a great plane :-)
Sure is a great little plane mito77, and you fly it amazingly too mate .. what does it weigh all up ?

Lockey
Last edited by Lockey; Apr 28, 2019 at 07:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 28, 2019, 01:20 PM
Lockey: 230grams without camera Mobius (+40g). The maiden of this plane and contruction details are here:

Magnum Reloaded 230g maiden flight (2 min 40 sec)
May 06, 2019, 08:54 PM
Nice flight mate, love the way it goes together .. that looks like fairly dense EPP foam and in a single sheet and not laminated ??

Was that a kit ?

Lockey
May 13, 2019, 04:41 AM
Lockey: this kit is from my friend, he has an EPP cutter. I don't know anything about used EPP foam. About laminate...only donw side of floats.
May 13, 2019, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mito_77
Lockey: this kit is from my friend, he has an EPP cutter. I don't know anything about used EPP foam. About laminate...only donw side of floats.
Dont suppose he would send one down to Australia ?

Lockey
May 13, 2019, 12:06 PM
My friend has a problem: he's got married and he has no time cut anything from EPP :-(
I solve the same problem about white Magnum and sending it to the USA. The price of shipping was four times more than Magnum Reloaded costs (!).
May 13, 2019, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mito_77
My friend has a problem: he's got married and he has no time cut anything from EPP :-(
I solve the same problem about white Magnum and sending it to the USA. The price of shipping was four times more than Magnum Reloaded costs (!).
Thats the problem isn't it .. shipping costs are exorbitant

Lockey
Oct 17, 2019, 06:56 PM
Intermediate Multi
So the middle wing panel has undercamber, and the two tip panels are flat. Has anyone ever tried incorporating undercamber into the outer panels as well? It would make construction a bit more complicated, but what about the flight performance? Would that make it fly better or worse?
Nov 03, 2019, 07:23 AM
Ken's CAD Models
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisquire
So the middle wing panel has undercamber, and the two tip panels are flat. Has anyone ever tried incorporating undercamber into the outer panels as well? It would make construction a bit more complicated, but what about the flight performance? Would that make it fly better or worse?
My opinion is that it would become worse. Here's why;

1. The tip plates really function only to produce yaw induced roll, and add little to no additional lift.

2. Adding undercamber to them will create more drag, which might give slower flight, but also may produce too much roll response. Especially with the large trailing edge area.

I remember building a Rascal 27 in balsa and it had too much dihedral. Yaw induced roll was violent to say the least. It was a fast flying model which also added to the problem.

It's probably worth trying out.

Ken

Quick Reply