FFF Magnum Reloaded - Page 103 - RC Groups
Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Apr 15, 2018, 06:30 AM
FPV formation with Magnum Reloaded:

RCmania common flying in Brno (4 min 11 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Apr 16, 2018, 08:44 AM
Pretty cool!
Apr 16, 2018, 01:38 PM
Thanks Squall.
Well, my brother (my twin) rebuilt MR for FPV. The same wing, elevator, a bit bigger rudder and new fuselage with engine in Easy Star style:
FPV Magnum Reloaded zálet / maiden flight (1 min 43 sec)
Apr 17, 2018, 11:06 AM
Scratch building addict
Some of the coolest videos I've seen.
Apr 17, 2018, 11:19 AM
Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
Thats great with the motor like Easystar.
Apr 17, 2018, 12:05 PM
Can you post some closeups of your EasyStar style of Magnum. I have an old Magnum and it is a fun little fellow. I already have templates made for the fuselage, etc., and a friend has one he made from my templates. I am doing some FPV and some other fellows have wondered about trying FPV on the cheap.
The Magnum, with a stabilizer, such as the Lemon Rx and a little camera+VTX combo would be pretty hard to beat for trying out something on calm days, close in and without risk of loss or damage. Also, as a little FPV float plane. I like what you have done!
Apr 17, 2018, 03:24 PM
Gee Deerslayer, you are only 8 km from here!
Anyway, I agree, my Maggie is a beat-up wreck that still is my go-to plane when I want a quick, fun-fly! Guess where I got the plans and the fuse from?
Time to build. Did you see the video of the Maggie Bipe?
Apr 18, 2018, 02:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
Can you post some closeups of your EasyStar style of Magnum. I have an old Magnum and it is a fun little fellow. I already have templates made for the fuselage, etc., and a friend has one he made from my templates. I am doing some FPV and some other fellows have wondered about trying FPV on the cheap.
The Magnum, with a stabilizer, such as the Lemon Rx and a little camera+VTX combo would be pretty hard to beat for trying out something on calm days, close in and without risk of loss or damage. Also, as a little FPV float plane. I like what you have done!
My friend promise send me a mechanical drawing of this fuselage. I will try post it to the internet and insert link here.
Apr 18, 2018, 11:18 AM
Great innovation... I have built about 10, basically un-modified . It is defiantly my go-to fun plane. I usually fly it off water... My current build has a 10w led landing light along with marker lights. The landing light is controlled by a switch I made from a stripped servo board... - I know, for 6 bucks I could buy a switch, but that is no fun...

Waiting for the drawings. My current AA project is to build a CNC cutter from scratch to cut foam... (note: AA stands for "Anti-Alzheimer's"
Apr 18, 2018, 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggrimley
Great innovation... I have built about 10, basically un-modified . It is defiantly my go-to fun plane. I usually fly it off water... My current build has a 10w led landing light along with marker lights. The landing light is controlled by a switch I made from a stripped servo board... - I know, for 6 bucks I could buy a switch, but that is no fun...

Waiting for the drawings. My current AA project is to build a CNC cutter from scratch to cut foam... (note: AA stands for "Anti-Alzheimer's"
DO NOT APOLOGIZE! Never buy anything when you can scrounge, re-purpose or steal. Even if it takes 3 days to cobble it together, you have saved 6 bucks. Major win!
I must look into that idea. Thanks!
Apr 18, 2018, 05:09 PM
After a year of playing, and many pillars of smoke, I finally got my landing light switch made from a stripped servo board to work, and mounted in my new magnum in progress. I also buried wires in the wing for marker lights (3mm surface mount leds taken from a strip). Since my flying companions like to take off the wing tips in flight, I am using magnets as contacts for the wingtip lights so in a collision, it will not break the wire in the wing... Hoping to maiden it next week end..

Here is a video of the light...
Magnum Reloaded Landing Light (0 min 41 sec)
Apr 20, 2018, 11:28 AM
Fly,crash,glue,repeat!
My first proper FPV flight with the MR.Was a little breezy,but manageable.Who`d have thought you could have so much fun flying at 10 MPH.

Tried it with a 3 cell after on a LOS flight and she handled the wind much better.

Magnum Reloaded FPV-A bit breezy (7 min 5 sec)
Yesterday, 12:56 AM
Calm weather, yesterday morning, LOS flying:

Spring walk with Magnum Reloaded - watchtower Milir (4 min 13 sec)
Yesterday, 02:47 AM
Excellent flying Martin! You have very good skills.

I have tried a bit to emulate those moves, such as the dives (did not turn out epic). Also I tried a bit flying among the trees (broke a wing first. Then put a tree branch through the wing).

In all - keep it coming! I got pumped to take my Magnum out again!
Last edited by KristofferR; Yesterday at 02:47 AM. Reason: Speling an gramer
Today, 05:17 AM
You're an ace Martin!

Quick Reply