Jun 20, 2012, 09:54 AM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
Hey Jake21!

Its all about the plastics now. Everything else is done or can be within a coupla weeks.

The first test shots should be here next week. If all is well and I can push the button then we are talking another 3-4 weeks. BUT in my experience there is always the posibility that there is a flaw in one or more components. So there will be some adjustments needed to the tooling.

This would add another 3-4 weeks to the time line.

So if all is good next week - third or fourth week of July. If there are adjustments needed then there will be a delay until the end of August (as I am being dragged away by the wife and daughter for a holiday for the last 2 weeks in August).

Its getting real close though and I should have the new liveries; P51 D - Old Crow & Fw190 A8 Sturmbock, thru next week so I'll build them up and take more vid & images then too.

Thanks for holding on in there!

Jon
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
Plastics samples arrived yesterday. Pic attached with labels. The majority of the parts are in clear material at the moment but will be grey or black in production.

Most parts are perfect. Exact replicas of the CAD. Only one issue with hole diameter on the hub cap and a small addition to the Rx clip for strength.

Waiting to see how long the manufacturers think it will take to rectify/adjust.

Very happy - no major issues
Jun 28, 2012, 03:33 PM
Good to see things are moving along. Thanks for the update
Jul 02, 2012, 10:58 AM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
7-10 days to sort out the plastics issues. Oh well, not too bad.

In the meantime readying for new sets of stickers to arrive from printers so I can build up all 4 aircraft & take pics, videos and construction video too.

Got the airbrush out on the spinners and gave them a good coating of acrylic paint then a top coat of clear gloss acrylic varnish.

The P51 spinner is 0.5g and the Fw190 spinner is 0.3g.

I'm still waiting conformation but the manufacturers of these spinners should be able to supply them in single colors - ie blue, red and black in the case of the ones pictured. It'll be up to the builder to add the more scale detail stripes & swirls if they want.
Jul 23, 2012, 02:20 PM
Hey deadbird,

Just inquiring on how everything is going with the 190
Jul 23, 2012, 02:26 PM
Crashing with style
Thread OP
Hi Jake21,

I put up a fresh thread as we near the end goal:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1694089

Jon
Jul 23, 2012, 03:21 PM
Name: homer-simpson-doh.gif
Views: 95
Size: 13.9 KB
Description:
Dec 09, 2012, 02:15 PM
Fantastic work Jon.
I will definitely be ordering at least one of these - the FW190s look fave.
If all goes well I expect I will get the lot eventually, hehe.
Last edited by BikerDon; Dec 09, 2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Mostly deleted to add to more recent thread...

Quick Reply