This thread is privately moderated by UBILDIT, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 12, 2012, 11:22 PM
Victoria Super Mortem
Thread OP
Cool

Icon A5 Custom Lights

Finally the Icon is out and I obtained a PNP version on Friday. Since I know how much I like to fly off water and at night and at night over water.... I had to put some LED's in it. the headlights are from my local Autozone and the lights on the sponsons that light the wing and the side fuselage are those strip led's from... well I know what plane they came out of but not where I got the lights... anyway. Inside the canopy there are 2 of the 3 strip lights shinning through the floor up under the instrument panel and they are all connected to a single 3S lipo inside. I'm pretty happy with it.... just too cold for a maiden flight.

Keep on flying.

Bo
to remove ads between posts
Feb 18, 2012, 05:39 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
absolutely beautiful Bo .. the lights are awesome
Feb 18, 2012, 05:46 PM
I expect you to die.
Is this the E-Flite (or whatever) Icon? I've been drooling over that really huge one with the retracts, ever since I saw the real Icon A5. Many projects are in line ahead of that purchase, but I hope you'll bring this one to SEFF, and let me crash it for you. We could make it a yearly tradition. Let's see....last year was the Carbon-Z yak IIRC.

The lights look great by the way.
Feb 22, 2012, 09:34 PM
Me likey! You gonna let me fly that thingy around the lake out at Hodges man? Just let me fly it before Hippo crashes it!

Laine.
Feb 22, 2012, 10:10 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
he will crash it before you or Dan can
Mar 07, 2012, 01:14 PM
Probably right. After he fixes it, then we can take turns crashing it.

Laine.
Mar 07, 2012, 01:41 PM
G G Ghost Pirates !!!
Lmao .. Or we can use paintball guns and automatic bb guns to bring him down.. just lead him a bit..

Quick Reply