Lumenier RB2205C-12 2400KV SKITZO Ceramic Bearing Motor
Old Feb 11, 2012, 05:42 PM
Find More Posts by zeezee
Yea, I fly dusty planes..
Cool

Contra-rotating motor

I was scanning some RC sites this A.M. and saw a contra-rotating motor and am curious as to what the benefit of using one would be. I believe reduction of torque or elimination would be one, but what else. I know how twin blades work on a co-axial heli with two motors and inner and outer shafts. How do you get two shafts spinning in different directions? Some type of gearing? Dave
Last edited by zeezee; Feb 11, 2012 at 05:57 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2012, 07:35 PM
Find More Posts by rob.rice
2 motors one wired for CW the other wired for CCW on the same ESC
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:25 PM
Find More Posts by olmod
Good Better Best quest.
There is a good thread in power systems that should help.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 10:06 PM
Find More Posts by scatsob
Bypass Ratio = Infinity
No gearing, on shaft for the front bell and one shaft for the rear. In theory this setup eliminates prop wash and increases efficiency. I am building an ESM spitfire with the big version of what you have in the picture. There is also a thread in this forum where several people have made their own CR motors.