Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Old Feb 10, 2012, 06:40 PM
Jim2011 is offline
Find More Posts by Jim2011
Registered User
Discussion

Skywalker 1900mm FPV Plane


I just ordered the new bevrc skywalker-1900mm. Who is going to try this one as a new FPV Platform and how did you set it up. ESC, Motor, Prop, etc. They claim it will fly over 1 hour with the new wingspan.
Last edited by Jim2011; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Link to site with plane violated rules
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 10, 2012, 07:43 PM
cabster101 is offline
Find More Posts by cabster101
Registered User
I ordered one as a spare to my current skywalker. I will probably just try and put the wing from this one on my current setup if it fits the same.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 09:55 PM
Rrated is offline
Find More Posts by Rrated
Registered User
Rrated's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabster101 View Post
I ordered one as a spare to my current skywalker. I will probably just try and put the wing from this one on my current setup if it fits the same.
Very good will be waiting to hear how you make out with the other wing !!
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:33 AM
mudlark is offline
Find More Posts by mudlark
Happy Days
mudlark's Avatar
Will they be selling the wing separately? and I assume they would fit on to the old V5 fuz. I could not go through rebuilding the fuz and all the pan and tilt again.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:29 AM
EugeneFlorida is offline
Find More Posts by EugeneFlorida
KJ4YYJ
EugeneFlorida's Avatar
OK, so if I add a foot center section in my V2 would it be basically the same flight characteristic
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:00 AM
Coyote64 is offline
Find More Posts by Coyote64
Praying for better weather
Coyote64's Avatar
BEVRC are going to sell the wings as seperates as well as the new version, but they have none in stock yet. The 1900 wings will fit all versions.

Lets hope they are better designed than the previous ones lol
Old Feb 11, 2012, 06:38 PM
gaoo is offline
Find More Posts by gaoo
Registered User
yesssss! It's seems not a bad idea for hesitating such long time on V5. lol just ordered one 1900
Old Feb 11, 2012, 09:42 PM
Rrated is offline
Find More Posts by Rrated
Registered User
Rrated's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyote64 View Post
BEVRC are going to sell the wings as seperates as well as the new version, but they have none in stock yet. The 1900 wings will fit all versions.

Lets hope they are better designed than the previous ones lol
Thats great I have 2 V5 that I haven't put together yet . I Will get a set or two of those 1900 wings when they are out .
Old Feb 11, 2012, 11:02 PM
CTvxl is offline
Find More Posts by CTvxl
Registered User
I have a v5 sitting in customs right now. Should get it next week sometime

It will be great if the longer wing does fit with little or no modification needed.

If the performance differences between the original standard wing and the new 1900 wing are substantial, (which is very likely the case) then it would be nice to have both, and use one or the other depending on flight conditions, etc.

Having both wings for one plane would also be handy in case you have a mishap at the field and damage a wing, you can get back in the air quickly using the other wing at least...
Old Feb 12, 2012, 03:15 AM
rcmonster99 is offline
Find More Posts by rcmonster99
Houba ! Houba !!
rcmonster99's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post
I have a v5 sitting in customs right now. Should get it next week sometime

It will be great if the longer wing does fit with little or no modification needed.

If the performance differences between the original standard wing and the new 1900 wing are substantial, (which is very likely the case) then it would be nice to have both, and use one or the other depending on flight conditions, etc.

Having both wings for one plane would also be handy in case you have a mishap at the field and damage a wing, you can get back in the air quickly using the other wing at least...
great to see a dedicated thread for this puppy...
unfortunately I cannot justify (not even to myself) buying another FPV ship. BUT if one of my planes go down, I will be ordering one of those, so I am following this thread with great interest
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:08 AM
Jim2011 is offline
Find More Posts by Jim2011
Registered User
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTvxl View Post

If the performance differences between the original standard wing and the new 1900 wing are substantial, (which is very likely the case) then it would be nice to have both, and use one or the other depending on flight conditions, etc.

...
Good observation. I have a plane called the syncro that has 2 wings. One is kind of a glider the other is a short sport wing that flys about 80 mph.

If no hardware was mounted to the wings it might serve as 2 platforms by simply changing wings. I will keep that in mind when I build mine.
Last edited by Jim2011; Feb 12, 2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old Feb 12, 2012, 08:32 AM
Coyote64 is offline
Find More Posts by Coyote64
Praying for better weather
Coyote64's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmonster99 View Post
great to see a dedicated thread for this puppy...
unfortunately I cannot justify (not even to myself) buying another FPV ship. BUT if one of my planes go down, I will be ordering one of those, so I am following this thread with great interest
I can, but to be honest, i dont think ill be getting another skywalker, it`l be the X8
Old Feb 12, 2012, 01:41 PM
Daemon is online now
Find More Posts by Daemon
Registered User
Daemon's Avatar
I really don't see one being a replacement for the other.

ian
Old Feb 13, 2012, 09:47 AM
wep is offline
wep
Find More Posts by wep
wep
https://vimeo.com/wep800
wep's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
I really don't see one being a replacement for the other.

ian
I will replace it for sure... :-)
Old Feb 13, 2012, 12:35 PM
Coyote64 is offline
Find More Posts by Coyote64
Praying for better weather
Coyote64's Avatar
Really Ian ? I see the X8 as a skywalker without the downsides

Load carying capacity - Yes
Flight duration of a walker - Yes + more
Stable - Yes

Badly designed wings that snap at the thought of doing a roll - Nope
Spare problems with wing design - Nope
Weak rear stab`s - Nope

Its got all the right features of a Skywalker, with none of the crap engineering you get with a walker. Win win to me


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Skywalker 168cm FPV plane Fergus FPV Aircraft 19441 Today 07:01 PM
Discussion Sander's Skywalker FPV camera plane build ssassen FPV Aircraft 134 Mar 30, 2014 11:52 AM
Discussion New Forum Suggestion: Skywalker 168cm FPV / UAV plane heinduplessis New Forum Requests 69 Jun 27, 2012 08:23 AM
Sold LPU Northwest Mo or San Antonio, Tx. Skywalker fpv plane fully set up and ready to go randall1959 FPV Equipment (FS/W) 2 Jan 14, 2012 09:29 AM
Discussion New FPV Plane from Skywalker borneobear FPV Aircraft 10 May 13, 2011 07:09 AM