This thread is privately moderated by A Useless Geek, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 10, 2012, 12:23 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP
Gallery

Now Pulling Into the Charging Station...

I finally got my Hobby King Quattro to add to a couple of Accucell-6s that I already had. (The older one had a phunky phan, so I took the cover off for cooling.) Now I can charge six packs at a time with fully programmable convenience. I also have a handful of fixed-current chargers that I can use for some other packs, but those aren't very accurate nor reliable. 'Sokay, six at a time is prolly all I'll need. Heh.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2012, 08:12 PM
just Some Useless Geek
Thread OP

Hooking up the balancing plugs

You know, you really don't need to buy a bunch of extra balancing port adapter/breakout boards. I use the 0.1 inch-centered headers on the side of the charger directly. All modern packs (with the exception of a Few Unspoken Names) use balancing plugs with 0.1 inch spacing on the balance port connector, so they can plug directly into the charger's balancing port. Then you plug in the banana plugs for the battery mains, plug the mains connectors together, and charge.

When the pack is charged you unplug the mains connector, unplug the banana plugs, and you can then get right at the balancing plug. Easy, and it costs you exactly zero additional dollars to use the balancing ports.

Quick Reply