Feb 09, 2012, 09:59 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

WL V911 4-Channel 2.4GHz Single Blade RC Helicopter with Gyro

New year,new helicopter.Maybe you'll say it's not that new.Whatever,I think this
helicopter worth repeatedly talking.

From the title,we can easily know that this helicopter,2.4 GHz,Single Blade,made by WLtoys.However,it is more than this.I don't know exactly which chopper is the world's smallest or the biggest or the first something helicopter,I just know that this helicopter is said to be the first outdoor mini RC helicopter.It looks like a replica of a big RC brand.Some ads read that"the shape, material, weight, as well as the flight performance, with quality exceeds 90% as that "big" brand but roughly 1/3 in price!"I think that is reasonable.
Regarding its flight,It is durable and light weight, as it is made of very durable and elastic materials. Aims for beginners, it is crash proof. Flies perfectly stable and easy to control, it can stand up and take off even crashed up-side down on the ground! This is a great model with more reasonable price for everyone, especially for those who are new to the RC circle.

As a saying goes in innovation"simplicity is the King."
WLtoys designer try their best to make the structure of V911 simple,so it can be very easily repaired when you accidently crash your helicopter and make it damaged.It's tail is driven by tail motor, which is the simpliest and most effective control way for mini helicopters.
Guys who fly RC helicopters for a time all know that 2.4GHz has great advantage over IR,which means it won't be interfered by other controllers and sun ray. Yes,this is not a infra-red toy helicopter, it is a serious 2.4GHz 4CH helicopter.

Performance
I got first V911 at online place in Hong Kong for $56.59 free shipping, flew almost perfect out of the box, just a couple quick trims from the very nice LCD remote and I had in hovering inside and out rock solid steady. Have flew it twice inside a real hand full when in a small area, cause this baby really moves, outside have done 8 full flights all of them perfect, no crashes and each ending with a nice soft landing. flies very well even in a pretty good breeze, handles wind very well, you can swoop from 15 feet in the air down to inches from the ground in just a blink of an eye, has very long range so far that you just have to stop any further cause its so far out there or up there that you will loose site of it, I did take it 150-200 feet straight up just to see how far it would go I finally just stopped taking it up cause it was so small I could barely see it. because of the elastic type material most of the parts are made of crashes are handled without any damage or nicks or scratches. I get about 5-6min out of each battery, you get 2 and can be charged up at the same time which only takes 30min., I am getting 2 more batteries which are cheap right here at amazon $16.99 for both, everything is a pro, pro pro, only con I can think of is the down time to recharge the batteries, you just dont want to stop flying with it and at around $60 its easy on the pocket book and you are getting a hobby grade 4 channel fixed blade helo. highly recommend, of the 10 helos I got this one is far the funniest to fly, I wont even dare take my new Esky 6 channel out at $180 I want to get really good at flying, crashing that is not an option, by the way this is the honest truth I got the black version and while out today at our park from our house I was doing some cute 3d'ish swooping and spins with it and it was no more than10 feet in front of me and no more than 4 foot off the ground when a fairly large hawk swoop in and tried to attack or take my helo, at 1st I thought maybe it just flew in by mistake but it came back 2 more times and tried to attack the helo, it got no closer than a foot to it, maybe the blades or the noise or blade wind kept it from trying to actually grabbing it, finally I landed it and waited for the hawk to give up and fly away, weird.

V911 4-Channel 2.4GHz Single Blade RC Helicopter with Gyro Features
Brand New V911 4-Channel 2.4GHz Single Blade RC Helicopter with Gyro
Exquisite, ergonomic and Cool design
1.8 inch display screen for remote controller
4.0-channel helicopter movements ascending, descending, left, right, forward, backward, left side and right side
Built-in Electric Gyroscope system technology for Steady flying
Built-in 120mAh rechargeable Lithium battery
6 x AA Battery for remote control (not included)
Can fly 6-8 minute while fully charged
Ideal choice for mini helicopter model fans
Perfect gift for your friends, great item for your collectible

V911 4-Channel 2.4GHz Single Blade RC Helicopter with Gyro Specifications
Model: V911
Dimensions: 220.0*50.0*85.0mm
Weight: 784.0 g

View videos
2.4G 4 channel indoor & outdoor helicopter V911 (2 min 23 sec)

WLToys V911 Flight #4 (6 min 8 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Feb 10, 2012, 04:31 PM
crashs come easy patience dont
i`ll have mine tomorrow,
after a few batteries, i`ll let you know how i like it.
Feb 11, 2012, 04:41 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad400
i`ll have mine tomorrow,
after a few batteries, i`ll let you know how i like it.
Good,this helicopter is really good performance.expect your story
Feb 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
i just got back from the post office, got the batteries on charge.
i will want to order the wall plug for the charger though, i dont really like needing a computer/usb port to charge the batteries.
the only video camera i have is built-into my laptop, but i`ll see what kind of video i can capture later.
well, i do have the keychain camera, so i may use that.
on first inspection,
i can see where the tail motor wires are too short. they are also ran right against the main motor, this could melt the very small wires easily.
they are also ran right up against the mainshaft, another spot to wear out the coating and cause a short. i would take a few minutes to move these wires a little ways away from the main motor and mainshaft.
heres a few pics,
Last edited by bad400; Feb 11, 2012 at 09:46 AM.
Feb 11, 2012, 01:50 PM
9958 gave me the toilet bowl
Quote:
i can see where the tail motor wires are too short. they are also ran right against the main motor, this could melt the very small wires easily.
they are also ran right up against the mainshaft, another spot to wear out the coating and cause a short. i would take a few minutes to move these wires a little ways away from the main motor and mainshaft.
It's very important to tape down the tail motor because it sits too loose on it's holder. That tail motor will separate from its holder.

Break

There's a large V911 thread at the Micro Heli section. The original poster, with his large post count, should've known better.
Feb 11, 2012, 05:12 PM
i got 6 batteries through the little bugger, and its a fun little heli.
i did do a linkage adjustment so it wouldnt drift backwards all the time, and like all tail motor helis, the tail drifts when the battery gets low.

i do believe the flybar weights are to heavy for the heli though, it snaps back to neutral way to hard causing a shudder.
i also believe this issue is causing the weights to hit the canopy.
i`ll look into an alternative flybar and weight set-up later.
so far all in all, its not a bad heli for the money. its hit my turning ceiling fan twice, which sent it clear across the room into a wall, not even a blemish on the heli.
Feb 12, 2012, 05:47 PM
i seem to have one battery that isnt very good.
i get a little over 5 minutes on one, and barely over 3 minutes on the other.
but, sense these batteries are like a buck a piece, i`ll just order 10 more and hope i get some good ones.
im having a hard time finding some place that sells the stock batteries, or actually has them in-stock.
i could order some nano-techs from HK, but HK products are junk in my book. so now i`ll just wait until i can find stock v911 batteries.
Last edited by bad400; Feb 12, 2012 at 06:25 PM.
Feb 13, 2012, 02:13 AM
I have this heli, and i love it!!! Here's my own video.

ME FLYING MY RC HELICOPTER WL-V911 (1 min 50 sec)
Feb 13, 2012, 03:33 AM
Ive ordered one of these! looks a good little heli
im in the uk and ordered from hong kong so will be a few weeks im sure before i get it!
the other V911 thread is too long and will take hours to look though, i like this thread good write/review on the first post
Feb 13, 2012, 07:34 PM
i just ordered 4 more batteries off ebay for just under 25 bucks.
Feb 14, 2012, 03:55 AM
here's my new v911..

v911 (1 min 30 sec)
Feb 14, 2012, 08:49 PM
well, it was fun while it lasted right?
did it do much damage? sounded like it hit the wall first.

anyone looking for batteries? http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-3-7V-12...item27c357a137

how about batteries and charger? http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Helicopte...item4cfd6d7af3
Last edited by bad400; Feb 14, 2012 at 08:59 PM.
Feb 16, 2012, 09:02 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_m
Ive ordered one of these! looks a good little heli
im in the uk and ordered from hong kong so will be a few weeks im sure before i get it!
the other V911 thread is too long and will take hours to look though, i like this thread good write/review on the first post

Thanks for appreciation of this post.I think you'll like this helicopter when you pilot yours.
Feb 16, 2012, 09:22 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
i just ordered 4 more batteries off ebay for just under 25 bucks.

good deal,I hope you'll enjoy your V911 with the new batteries.
Feb 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
Fan of just about anything RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LightLake

As a saying goes in innovation"simplicity is the King."
WLtoys designer try their best to make the structure of V911 simple,so it can be very easily repaired when you accidently crash your helicopter and make it damaged.It's tail is driven by tail motor, which is the simpliest and most effective control way for mini helicopters.
Lol, WLtoys designers? This is 90% a clone of the Nine Eagles Solo Pro V (aka the 260), except with a different receiver, battery mount turned 180 degrees, and a slightly thicker tail boom and blade pivots. Many parts of the Solo Pro are a direct fit. They didn't have to try to "make" this heli simple and easy to repair, they just needed to look well at how others did it, and mimic that.

Besides this little comment, I think it's a decent heli, and value for money.

I do however wonder why this topic was created in "mini helis" when it's already micro class, or rather "sub micro".
Latest blog entry: For the love of the hobby!

Quick Reply