This thread is privately moderated by Angela H, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Feb 08, 2012, 09:47 AM
Administrator
Thread OP
Discussion

Saying goodbye to sun.flyer/Tim Tworek

Everyone's heart is very heavy here at RCG this week. One of our Ezone reviewers and good friend, Tim Tworek, aka sun.flyer, passed away unexpectedly on Saturday.

Tim wasn't just a great pilot and a full-on RC nut, he was very sincerely one of the most wonderful people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. He was absolutely devoted to his family as well as his church community. He was very active in his RC club and throughout the RC world, including here on RCGroups both as a member and as one of our product reviewers.

That's what Tim did that we can see on the surface. But none of that can ever fully describe the goodness of his heart, his natural kindness, the way he easily extended himself to so many in his life, and the love and respect that all had for him because of these qualities. Those are the things that are much too big for this one small post to contain.

Tim's funeral is tomorrow, so as you go about your day, maybe send a thought or a prayer to his family as they move through this time. He leaves a wife and two young children behind who will be navigating a new and difficult road without him.

I am including his obituary here with some contact information in case you feel led to reach out to the family.

He was truly one of the good guys, and all of us here will miss his presence very much.

Quote:
Timothy Paul Tworek, age 38, of Swanton, Ohio, passed away unexpectedly from natural causes, Saturday morning, February 4, 2012, at St. Luke’s Hospital in Maumee. Tim was born December 14, 1973 in Oregon, Ohio to Jay and Carol (Bird) Tworek. He was raised in West Unity, Ohio, and on September 20, 1996, married his loving wife, Lisa Christensen.

Tim obtained his associate’s degree in aviation from Davis Business College and worked as a supervisor for Keystone Foods in Toledo. He currently was attending Tiffin University working on his business administration degree. When Tim wasn’t working or attending college, he thoroughly enjoyed building and flying radio-controlled airplanes. He also enjoyed playing golf and was an avid Ohio State fan. But most of all, he loved being a husband and a dad.

Tim was a very devoted husband, father, son, and brother. He will be greatly missed by his loving wife of 15 years, Lisa; son, Caleb; daughter, Carley; father and mother-in-law, Joseph and Sheila Vasicek of Adrian, MI; twin brother, Dave (Grace) Tworek, Terry Tworek, and Keith Tworek; as well as his foster parents, Pete and Pat Weber of West Unity, OH.

He was preceded in death by his parents, Jay and Carol Tworek.

Family and friends may visit Wednesday, February 8th from 2 to 8 p.m. at the Weigel Funeral Home, 204 Chestnut St. in Swanton (419.826.2631). Services will be held Thursday, February 9th at 11:00 a.m. in the funeral home with Pastor Dan DeFriece officiating. Interment will follow at South Swanton Cemetery.

Memorial contributions may be directed to the family for Caleb and Carley’s Education Fund.
Last edited by Angela H; Feb 08, 2012 at 10:22 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 08, 2012, 10:18 AM
215.0 MPH
I never met Tim, but he was always willing to help a fellow flyer out, no matter how silly the issue was. I also greatly appreciated his reviews. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family. You are spot on, he was truly one of the good guys, and all of us here will miss his presence very much.
Feb 08, 2012, 10:36 AM
30 yrs. Of Aircraft flying!
I just found out this Am, I so hate to hear of this, please keep the family strong, he will be missed
Feb 08, 2012, 11:53 AM
Retired USAF
Wow, what a shocker.

He will be missed...my prayers go out to his family.
Feb 08, 2012, 08:28 PM
Just "hanging" Around
I really enjoyed reading Tim's reviews and always admired the way he handled himself online. He will be missed and his family will be in my prayers.
Feb 08, 2012, 11:03 PM
burn the envelope dont push it
R.I.P Tim. IMO the best reviewer on RCG.
Feb 09, 2012, 04:15 AM
Head in the Clouds
I had the pleasure of hanging out with Tim at SEFF 2010. Great guy, awesome pilot, and Buckeye fan to the core. We'll miss you Tim!!!
Feb 09, 2012, 07:36 AM
Tim Tworek's memorial tribute.

(16 min 0 sec)
Feb 09, 2012, 09:31 AM
Administrator
Thread OP
Really wonderful. Is that for the funeral today?
Feb 09, 2012, 10:38 AM
RIP Tim.
Never met the man, but it sure goes to show that you never really know when it's your time to go.
Hits close to home since I'm also 38 with 3 youngsters and a wife.
Feb 09, 2012, 10:48 AM
Never met Tim in person. Shared a few E-mails with him and enjoyed reading his reviews. He will be missed. We had a running joke about me being Uncle Mike and he was nephew Tim. We thought we would meet at Seff one day in the future. He and his family are in my prayers. Uncle Mike
PS:Nice video
Feb 09, 2012, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela H
Really wonderful. Is that for the funeral today?
I presume so. It was posted on the Weigel Funeral Homes website along with the condolences. I watched it this morning, thought it was nice and thought I would share it with everyone.
Feb 09, 2012, 02:22 PM
We shall serve the Lord
Thanks for sharing.

Keep Tim's family in your prayers.

Remember Tim by praying for your own family today.

Never forget to give thanks for this day.

McD
Latest blog entry: LEDs on my T-28
Feb 09, 2012, 05:02 PM
Timelord
Hello All,

I have just returned from Tim's funeral. The room at the funeral home for Tim's service was filled to capacity. The video that was posted in this thread was played on a TV.
Two of Tim's model airplanes, his radio, some trophies, and many pictures were on display. Many flowers filled the room.
The service was open casket and there was a Cessna on the inside lid. When I paid my respects to Tim and his family, I still could not believe he is gone.
The service was nicely done and a smaller service was held graveside.

Tim was an ambassador to our hobby and it was a pleasure to have known him and call him my friend. SEFF and the Toledo Expo won't be quite the same for me without him.

I have provided his wife, Lisa, links to the threads on Tim here on RCG and Flying Giants. The family is reading the kind words everyone is sharing about Tim. So please continue to share you thoughts or stories about Tim.

Jay
Feb 09, 2012, 08:14 PM
Wishing I was at Torrey Pines
Thanks for the report, Jay. I'm glad you were able to attend the service. Knowing Tim mostly through RCGroups and meeting him at SEFF, he was the kind of flying buddy everybody would love to have in their club. I take comfort in knowing that Tim's in a better place now.

To Tim's family, our prayers are with you. Stay strong and trust Him.

Andy

Quick Reply