Feb 09, 2012, 10:21 PM
RAVI KOTHARI
Quote:
Originally Posted by flythetailoff
Just curious of what "quantum change" has taken place "since then"?? You mean better lipos?? Like being able to run less cells (keeping your plane lighter) while using a higher kv motor b/c today's lipos can take it? I understand having longer flight times is a plus for some, but after about 4 1/2 minutes of really fast flying, my eyes and heart-rate are ready for a break. You said "lipo Slayers", what cheap, silly batteries are you using there Dr. Kiwi?

The point of the RCHobbyIntl retail site is to offer people a chance to by an American quality product at a low price.

Sorry, maybe I'm missing something.......

Well by Quantum change, i mean that the market has now evolved with Multi bladed fans producing a better more "turbine" like sound, inrunners with a lower KV, allowing users to adopt a Higher cell count Lower MAH cell Packs.

The wild beast consumed over 120Amps on my setup, i "Puffed" over 3 packs in my 70mm edf, I since then switched to a ARC 28-57-1 and on 5S it consumes about 80A, and it flies my jet way better/faster. And my Lipos have lasted over 2 years now.

As for your Insistence that your lipo's can "Take it" i can guarantee that if you run a typical 3000-4000 4S on a 120 Amp Draw there are not Many If Any lipos that will take it Flight after Flight. And RC intl customers will stop Buying.
I agree that the sale will allow buyers to adopt American Made at lower price, But will they come back for more? or will existing storm users come back when the market has a whole lot to offer.

Also by Higher Cell count i do mean a lower MAH to keep things light. by your Logic you could replace most 4-6 S packs with a 3S provided the 3s can deliver those amps, well i have news for you, They Will Not.....................
A 4S pack will never ever deliver a steady amperage on a load that a 5-6S will provide. The voltage drop at such high AMP levels will ensure significant power loss.

I only wish Hoffman Magnetics the best. American made and great quality who could ask for more. But They did have a Rough start, you have to admit that, And it would be foolish to have an ostrich in the ground like approach with a Relaunch.
If i were RC Intl, i would deliver what the market Needs right now.
I dont think the market will buy Storm edf's or Beast/Wild Beast Motors, and if they do you will see talk of "lipo Slaying"
This because a lot of guys out there are using the cheaper HK lipo packs, and they are going to go through their packs pretty soon.
As for your assessment on "Silly" cheap lipos i exclusively use the Enerland 45C Packs which are extremely expensive, and ran through 300$ worth of lipos with the Storm. And when i switched to a Lower KV motor above i have been using the packs with no issues whatsoever.
Well its probably just me with all of the above but RC Intl better hope i am the only one with Lipo's that cannot take it.
My point is that give people Options, and that is what makes a product line what it is. You cannot have 2 options - Hot & Hotter with a Tag Line "buy if your lipos can take it"

Well at least something for RC intl to think about , cause if they ignore ground reality there goes the Product Line. I Can guarantee it.
All of the above is my humble opinion, just a suggestion for a great USA company who deserves a place in the market. and if it plays its cards right a dominant share.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 09, 2012, 10:33 PM
RAVI KOTHARI
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHobbyIntl
First again I want to thank everyone for their support. It sure is nice for RCHobbyIntl to be back in the business. I would like it to be clear though that we are a totally separate entity from Hoffman Magnetics, Inc. RcHobbyIntl Inc. is a California Corporation that endeavors to sell the best R.C. products in the industry. In this process we have bee fortunate to have purchased Hoffman Magnetics remaining stock as well as its manufacturing capability including tooling. We are currently negotiating a new building cycle in order to fulfill customer needs.
We are also in the process of purchasing the finest products in the industry that will more than please all enthusiasts. What this means is that we will serve beginners as well as advanced users. I addition, we will also sell other brands of motors that will balance out our offerings.
To Ravikoth: Thank you for the welcome back. :-) I do agree that some of our motors may draw more than some batteries can handle in certain situations. I take that as constructive criticism and will keep that in mind as we begin to change our line. Thank you so much for this.
The best news in all of this is the competitive prices that we've enacted. Thank goodness they are more inline with the prices out there. In addition, for a limited time we're offering a greater discount for all of you as a thank you for considering us again. It really means a lot to us. So again thank you for the welcome back and welcome back to us.
Best,
Tom

Hello Tom,
All the best to RC Intl, here's wishing you guy's all the success in the RC World.
You have a great product. Just have a little bit more in terms of options in the 70 & 90mm edf Range.
What would be ideal is a range of 2100-2800 KV motors for the 70mm 10 Bladed fans like the Change Sun , you will see a lot of those motors being sold. Het & Wemotec are going to jump on that bandwagon pretty soon.
And since you have a Standoff mounted motor, if you have one in a PNP package with above fan. you will have a winner.
Cheers
Ravi Kothari.
Feb 09, 2012, 11:32 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikoth
Hello Tom,
All the best to RC Intl, here's wishing you guy's all the success in the RC World.
You have a great product. Just have a little bit more in terms of options in the 70 & 90mm edf Range.
What would be ideal is a range of 2100-2800 KV motors for the 70mm 10 Bladed fans like the Change Sun , you will see a lot of those motors being sold. Het & Wemotec are going to jump on that bandwagon pretty soon.
And since you have a Standoff mounted motor, if you have one in a PNP package with above fan. you will have a winner.
Cheers
Ravi Kothari.
Me too, that's the fan I need a motor for. What's the outlook on you having motors w/ the lower kv in the future?

Sonny
Feb 10, 2012, 12:08 PM
Watch for terrorists buying RC
I respect your opinion and don't agree with all of it but I admire your passion for EDF and the hobby.

Have a great weekend and happy flying!

Shayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravikoth
Well by Quantum change, i mean that the market has now evolved with Multi bladed fans producing a better more "turbine" like sound, inrunners with a lower KV, allowing users to adopt a Higher cell count Lower MAH cell Packs.

The wild beast consumed over 120Amps on my setup, i "Puffed" over 3 packs in my 70mm edf, I since then switched to a ARC 28-57-1 and on 5S it consumes about 80A, and it flies my jet way better/faster. And my Lipos have lasted over 2 years now.

As for your Insistence that your lipo's can "Take it" i can guarantee that if you run a typical 3000-4000 4S on a 120 Amp Draw there are not Many If Any lipos that will take it Flight after Flight. And RC intl customers will stop Buying.
I agree that the sale will allow buyers to adopt American Made at lower price, But will they come back for more? or will existing storm users come back when the market has a whole lot to offer.

Also by Higher Cell count i do mean a lower MAH to keep things light. by your Logic you could replace most 4-6 S packs with a 3S provided the 3s can deliver those amps, well i have news for you, They Will Not.....................
A 4S pack will never ever deliver a steady amperage on a load that a 5-6S will provide. The voltage drop at such high AMP levels will ensure significant power loss.

I only wish Hoffman Magnetics the best. American made and great quality who could ask for more. But They did have a Rough start, you have to admit that, And it would be foolish to have an ostrich in the ground like approach with a Relaunch.
If i were RC Intl, i would deliver what the market Needs right now.
I dont think the market will buy Storm edf's or Beast/Wild Beast Motors, and if they do you will see talk of "lipo Slaying"
This because a lot of guys out there are using the cheaper HK lipo packs, and they are going to go through their packs pretty soon.
As for your assessment on "Silly" cheap lipos i exclusively use the Enerland 45C Packs which are extremely expensive, and ran through 300$ worth of lipos with the Storm. And when i switched to a Lower KV motor above i have been using the packs with no issues whatsoever.
Well its probably just me with all of the above but RC Intl better hope i am the only one with Lipo's that cannot take it.
My point is that give people Options, and that is what makes a product line what it is. You cannot have 2 options - Hot & Hotter with a Tag Line "buy if your lipos can take it"

Well at least something for RC intl to think about , cause if they ignore ground reality there goes the Product Line. I Can guarantee it.
All of the above is my humble opinion, just a suggestion for a great USA company who deserves a place in the market. and if it plays its cards right a dominant share.
Feb 10, 2012, 08:20 PM
Go Hawks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny1
Yes, I would be interested in the settings such as timing, switching frequency, etc, as I purchased it with the intention of using it on an edf, (probably using one of your motors on 4S). My RCG buddy Garret H, who owns Altitude Hobbies spoke very highly of the Cobra series esc's, so I got it on his recommendation, I guess he was right about their quality. If you could post those settings it would be great, thank you.

Sonny
Aren't the cobra's based on the ZTW esc?
Feb 10, 2012, 08:39 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
I heard that somewhere, but I can't say for sure.

Sonny
Feb 10, 2012, 08:49 PM
hole digger
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryhavoc38
I have no idea but they work and very well!!!
Feb 11, 2012, 02:33 AM

Vendor Forum

We now have our own Vendor Forum.
https://www.rcgroups.com/rchobbyintl-769/

Quick Reply