Thread OP
Discussion

** crashed composite repairs, i can fix your expensive crashed plane

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show....php?t=1587598
to remove ads between posts
Feb 07, 2012, 04:05 PM
Walter Roos
Sounds like a good idea.

I need to put you on a retainer. Fixed rate for 1 year of major repairs. $500 ? That would not be good for you I think. If only you lived in Georgia.

Good luck,

walt
Feb 07, 2012, 04:20 PM
Thread OP
if you have all the right tools, why not help other fellas get their baby back in the air.
right?1

na, no other state can substittue the city of the Sun california!
Feb 07, 2012, 04:44 PM
Aurora Builder
Great that you are offering this service but.....exactly what makes you an expert at fixing repairs? 2 broken DLG's and you are the repair expert? Do you have vacuum bagging equipment and possibly hot wire equipment to properly fix a wing?

From the outside, as an intermediate builder and flyer, it is hard for me to justify sending an $1100 damaged ship to someone I consider an "unknown". For starters, most people with these planes know how to fix them properly. Secondly, they don't want to deal with shipping (I doubt everyone with a Stobel lives in CA). Finally, the number of folks I would trust with such a repair I can count on 1 hand-I've seen their work in person, I trust them, and most have built dozen's DLG's and fixed equally as many. Most any worth their salt won't offer such services because the time involved to do a quality repair cannot be justified in dollars. For me to fix a wing back to competition standards requires nearly as much time as building a new wing!!!
Feb 07, 2012, 04:57 PM
Thread OP
if you have read the thread, you would have seen that i mentioned THAT IM NOT EXPERT... AND NOT LOOKING FOR PROFIT.

so relax and if you don't want your plane fixed. simply ignore the ad and dont send it.

a crashed $1100 plane is worth less than pennies cause it takes out room in your place.

Quick Reply