Oct 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lardog
Wow! Those are some great shots. Nicely done!
Thanks bud! Canon Powershot cameras and the AZ sunset are an awesome combo.

to remove ads between posts
Oct 20, 2012, 11:55 PM
ex-noob
It's amazing how the right lighting conditions impact a shot like that. There is a reason why photographers refer to twilight as the "Golden hour".
Oct 20, 2012, 11:58 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
It's amazing how the right lighting conditions impact a shot like that. There is a reason why photographers refer to twilight as the "Golden hour".
Ahhhhh, the "Golden Hour." My favorite time to fly...

Oct 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
They say sunrises are beautiful too, but I HATE waking up early. Hehe!

Oct 20, 2012, 11:59 PM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Wow! Those are some great shots. Nicely done!
Check out the 104" Slick thread. More "Golden Hour" photos.

Oct 21, 2012, 12:00 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzed
Arizona Fanatic pics!

Nice!!!!

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Oct 21, 2012, 12:01 AM
3D Sunset Flier
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Nice!!!!

SteveT
So Steve, you flyin' the Velox again tomorrow?

You happy with the power?
Oct 21, 2012, 12:07 AM
Tomorrow is supposed to be really windy, and I don't fly on Sundays, due to the fog(s)...Sunday at our field is the day that all the Warbird guys and scale guys come out and fly circles with an occasional roll or loop...and you don't dare do anything over the runway....Maybe Monday..

As to the power, it remains to be seen, as noted, it was really windy, and down wind was fast, seemed to slow down into the wind, but I couldn't really get a feel for it yet. I know I needed to put a bit of throttle curve in, as I was at about 3/4 throttle most of the flight, however, the motor came down barely warm, the packs were barely warm, and I only took out 65% on a five minute flight.

I might still try the A60-6XS in it.....just have to watch the landings due to prop clearance...And, I want to check the Castle logging tomorrow..

SteveT
Oct 21, 2012, 12:08 AM
ex-noob
Quote:

+++
Oct 21, 2012, 12:12 AM
Quote:

Me too.....too many times in my life when I was just going to bed when the sun was coming up.....

SteveT
Oct 21, 2012, 03:47 PM
so i am ordering a prop for my gasser (19x8 protek electric) and was going to order some other props while i was there, anybody try the smaller stuff like the 12x6 wood protek props? how do they compare to xoar props?
Oct 21, 2012, 04:01 PM
Team Hillbilly
I tried the protek 13x6 and it seemed to be very good quality. It was hard to compare as I didnt realize it was 13x6 instead of 13x6.5 when I ordered it. The prop had a nice smooth pull to it. I am running the protek 20x10 on my 71 now. The only thing I don't like is the fact they both have to be reamed where the xoar comes with the correct sized hole for my prop adapters in both sizes. Not a biggie but worth mentioning.

3dhs 48 Edge - Protek 13x6 prop test (5 min 27 sec)

71 Slick - Protek 20x10 in close. (3 min 26 sec)
Oct 21, 2012, 04:38 PM
Just go with the flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
Need to replace my elevator joining bar in my 70 Slick, what would be the best material for the joiner.
Would RC Plywood be OK ?
Oct 21, 2012, 05:13 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
Would RC Plywood be OK ?
I don't know if I'd use ply wood. There is a lot of twisting force on that joiner, so I'd use something a little harder, like a solid piece of hardwood like ebony or something similar.
Oct 21, 2012, 06:47 PM
3DHS 'native'
I would use bass wood laminated with carbon fiber

Quick Reply