rf6
huckin
addict
Jul 07, 2012, 09:42 PM
Just go with the flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by theKM
Josh Price on a 119 wing
Would you happen to know his RC Groups name ? would like to go back on his threads and see if I can find it.
Jul 07, 2012, 09:51 PM
Just go with the flow
Found it !

Sun, 07 Nov #4 (1 min 8 sec)
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Jul 07, 2012 at 10:52 PM.
Jul 07, 2012, 10:14 PM
Hooked on 3DHS
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
Found it ! Is that Josh or Jared ??

http://youtu.be/mfts_bdBFdA
Wow!
Jul 07, 2012, 10:20 PM
as impressive as that is, I bet that wing is strong enough to hold 2 guys that size. The 119 weighs what? 36#'s, and can handle 15G's or more? I cant imagine what the dynamic load is on a wing during a blender or wall. a 200# static load is nothing.
Jul 08, 2012, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow102
the 45* upline test works as well for checking CoG
When you pull 45deg then roll inverted, what should we expect to see when cg is set properly? Should the nose drop any? Or only slightly? Mine will drop the nose starting a big arc to the ground if I don't hold some (like 3/32 - 1/8" forward stick) down elevator. Too nose heavy?
Jul 08, 2012, 01:04 PM
Team 3DHS
On a symmetrical airfoil, you should see a gentle dive.
Jul 08, 2012, 01:17 PM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
I've had a G meter in my 57 before....Max readings were less than I thought....a typical flight with just "normal" 3D was only about 5.5 G's....you'd have to try real hard to get up past 10.....more research required....
Jul 08, 2012, 01:29 PM
Irg
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham
When you pull 45deg then roll inverted, what should we expect to see when cg is set properly? Should the nose drop any? Or only slightly? Mine will drop the nose starting a big arc to the ground if I don't hold some (like 3/32 - 1/8" forward stick) down elevator. Too nose heavy?
people have different preferences in this department, so it is somewhat subjective. I look for a gentle dive like BD said, but I also take into account how the plane is performing in knife edge and harrier.
Jul 08, 2012, 02:32 PM
wow, no kidding?! i would have guessed MUCH higher, since full scale areobatic planes will pull +15/-10 and most of those guys are not in a G suit. I thought that our little toys would do more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
I've had a G meter in my 57 before....Max readings were less than I thought....a typical flight with just "normal" 3D was only about 5.5 G's....you'd have to try real hard to get up past 10.....more research required....
Jul 08, 2012, 05:56 PM
Fly low or fly home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
wow, no kidding?! i would have guessed MUCH higher, since full scale areobatic planes will pull +15/-10 and most of those guys are not in a G suit. I thought that our little toys would do more
Would the G forces be different in different spot in the plane? Like more G's in the tail than if you were to put a meter on the battery tray?
Jul 08, 2012, 06:02 PM
MN WATTS Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake

I doubt that. Most pilots without a suit can withstand 5G's. With G-suits and special flexing / breathing that number goes up to about 9-10 but that is about the limit before they pass out.
Jul 08, 2012, 06:04 PM
Team 3DHS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
It sort of depends on what you're doing I think. Tumbling, as violent as it looks, probably doesn't create as much G forces because you're rotating around a fixed axis. Walls, tight hurricanes and such, though, should elicit more G forces.
Jul 08, 2012, 06:25 PM
Just go with the flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneDoc
It sort of depends on what you're doing I think. Tumbling, as violent as it looks, probably doesn't create as much G forces because you're rotating around a fixed axis. Walls, tight hurricanes and such, though, should elicit more G forces.
How do you do a hurricane !!

Quick Reply