Oct 06, 2014, 06:40 AM
I like the violent stuff!
Balsa DOES fly better, no doubt about it! All the hotshots I know, including 2 3DHS Team Pilots warm up with foam. There is no pucker factor when you're flying foam! You break them in half and you're back in the air the same day. RCDrum has a 48" profile foamie that is more Welders and epoxy than foam and he still throws down with the best! My 2 cents.
to remove ads between posts
Oct 06, 2014, 06:48 AM
Addicted to 3DHS, EF and Flex
I love foam and balsa. If it were not for foam I would not be flying at all right now as I am in college and do not have any good places to fly my 60'' Laser. However i can fly my 32'' epp foamy just about anywhere.
Oct 06, 2014, 08:08 AM
The Earth got in the way!
I love my full fuse 38.5" EPP Slick. Best money I've spent in years. It'll do everything a 48"SHP will do and the only balsa in it is the cowl ring, motor box, and wing spars. With all the crashes I've had its cost me about $20 in glue and a new motor box w/shipping. When it's finally dead I'll get another one. $115 to my door. Can't beat it.
I love my balsa planes too but, foamys under 50" are getting better and better
Oct 06, 2014, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
I love my full fuse 38.5" EPP Slick. Best money I've spent in years. It'll do everything a 48"SHP will do and the only balsa in it is the cowl ring, motor box, and wing spars. With all the crashes I've had its cost me about $20 in glue and a new motor box w/shipping. When it's finally dead I'll get another one. $115 to my door. Can't beat it.
I love my balsa planes too but, foamys under 50" are getting better and better
Kuczy, are you referring to the Skywing 38" Slick? I've been considering one as a larger foamy than the 32" Skywing I have but smaller than my 51" 3DHS Slick and the 71" Slick I recently purchased buy haven't built... It would be a sweet plane to fly at home and then I could keep the 32" at work
Oct 06, 2014, 12:41 PM
SoCal fair weather flyer
It took me a long time to learn to fly balsa like foam. I'm pretty much there now, well, I'll never truly fly balsa like foam, just too expensive and un-repairable, but I take much more risks these days with balsa. They really are very different flying experiences, in flight characteristics and as mentioned the pucker factor.

My routine now is balsa at the club on Saturdays and huck foam on an empty lot on Sundays. Makes a good combination.
Oct 06, 2014, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by prskier17
Kuczy, are you referring to the Skywing 38" Slick? I've been considering one as a larger foamy than the 32" Skywing I have but smaller than my 51" 3DHS Slick and the 71" Slick I recently purchased buy haven't built... It would be a sweet plane to fly at home and then I could keep the 32" at work
Nevermind.... I see there was indeed a 38" Slick by 3DHS but it is no longer available.
Oct 06, 2014, 01:42 PM
The Earth got in the way!
No It is the Skywing full fuse Slick from Wattaplane USA. It's awesome for a EPP
Last edited by kuczy; Oct 06, 2014 at 01:50 PM.
Oct 06, 2014, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuczy
No It is the Skywing full fuse Slick from Wattaplane USA. It's awesome for a EPP
Sweet! I have their 32" profile foamy and it's a lot of fun but was thinking the full fuse 38" would be significantly better...... Not to get too far off-topic on a 3DHS thread, but what are you using for motor and servos?
Oct 08, 2014, 06:31 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Replaced the DLE35 with this! Cost a right n*#.

Please pass the koolaid.
Oct 08, 2014, 09:02 PM
TEAM HILLBILLY
Whoa Vrooom Vrooom
Oct 08, 2014, 10:10 PM
inverted-i-fly
your going to need the other n^& for the muffler, but it is a sweat engine
Oct 08, 2014, 10:20 PM
Epoxy & CA Investor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdcskkrose
Replaced the DLE35 with this! Cost a right n*#.

Please pass the koolaid.
can't wait to see it fly. This weekend?
Last edited by DenverJayhawk; Oct 08, 2014 at 11:06 PM.
Oct 08, 2014, 10:21 PM
I live my life 12oz at a time
Nice! How do like it? I am debating between the 76" mxs or the awaited 75"...
Oct 09, 2014, 07:07 AM
doh!
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnav
Nice! How do like it? I am debating between the 76" mxs or the awaited 75"...
Join the club... I had a 76" MXS and loved it (it crashed). Now I either want to replace it with another, or possibly wait for the 75. The things that push me towards the 75 are that I think it's probably going to be lighter than the MXS, and the power from a DA-35 will be better on it as a result, and if it flies anything like the 87" SHP, then it will be awesome. Used to have an 87 and loved it. Hoping the 75 flies more like that than a bigger 72" extra. And also hoping the weight will be under 12lb ready to fly with a gas motor. So far though I haven't been able to find any info on it at all.
Oct 09, 2014, 07:37 AM
I live my life 12oz at a time
lol, ok here is another one for you then....

75"/76" or 92"?

Will a 92" always trump a 75"?

Quick Reply