Shop our Airplanes Products Drone Products Sales
Thread Tools
Feb 12, 2013, 10:04 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Excellent....hopefully this plane won't have the tendency to break in half at the back of the canopy like the carbon yak does....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Feb 12, 2013, 10:04 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
This was my second flight in about 10mph winds.

http://youtu.be/uInaj8pUNKo
nice flight, does it fly like a balsa?
Feb 12, 2013, 10:04 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Excellent....hopefully this plane won't have the tendency to break in half at the back of the canopy like the carbon yak does....

SteveT.
seen that happen twice in one day on normal landings
Feb 12, 2013, 10:07 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
seen that happen twice in one day on normal landings
Yup...never seen a used one that wasn't broken!!

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Feb 12, 2013, 10:11 PM
Gone Huckin'
turnerm's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
nice flight, does it fly like a balsa?
It does actually! The only negatives I noticed so far (and I only have about 3 flights on it at this point because I need some new batteries) is that I doesn't do a very tight blender. It also needs a fair amount of rudder in KE and I need to play with the throttle curve. You probably noticed that I was a little jumpy in the throttle in my rollers and hovers.

But it's honestly a very fun plane. I was pleasantly impressed!!
Feb 12, 2013, 10:19 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by turnerm
It does actually! The only negatives I noticed so far (and I only have about 3 flights on it at this point because I need some new batteries) is that I doesn't do a very tight blender. It also needs a fair amount of rudder in KE and I need to play with the throttle curve. You probably noticed that I was a little jumpy in the throttle in my rollers and hovers.

But it's honestly a very fun plane. I was pleasantly impressed!!
maybe I'll give it a try after a sell a few more planes
Feb 12, 2013, 10:23 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
What all are you selling? And did you ever get a new cowl for your 74"??

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Feb 12, 2013, 11:01 PM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
sold my 42 slick today, selling 48 edge and 47 shp, MPX twister, maybe some others (byper. 48" laser, new in box epp sbach, 35" sabre, 48" super vyper).

Still flying the burnt cowl, 5 nice flight yesterday, waiting for a free shipping sale to buy a replacement
Feb 13, 2013, 12:24 AM
Registered User
hertzrepkeith's Avatar
Does anyone know a Place that I can find a set of wide Thimbles for a DX8??? Mine are wore out and I use my thumbs so i would like a set that are a little bit wider. Thanks for any help that you guys can offer.
Feb 13, 2013, 12:34 AM
Registered User
hertzrepkeith's Avatar
Steve,
I had the Carbon Z Yak 54 (That is the Plane that I learned on.) I loved that plane!(Not as much as my 3DHS Planes,but for a Foamy it was a Great Learner plane. I have heard that they had a weak spot behind the Fuse though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Excellent....hopefully this plane won't have the tendency to break in half at the back of the canopy like the carbon yak does....

SteveT.
Feb 13, 2013, 12:38 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Stick ends...these...or these...

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Feb 13, 2013, 12:39 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith
Steve,
I had the Carbon Z Yak 54 (That is the Plane that I learned on.) I loved that plane!(Not as much as my 3DHS Planes,but for a Foamy it was a Great Learner plane. I have heard that they had a weak spot behind the Fuse though.
Well....it certainly did help you to learn....

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Feb 13, 2013, 12:49 AM
Registered User
hertzrepkeith's Avatar
Thanks Steve. I think I might even be looking for Something a little wider, but I am not sure. I might give those a shot and see how I like them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.
Stick ends...these...or these...

SteveT.
Feb 13, 2013, 12:58 AM
inverted-i-fly
3drcparts's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith
Does anyone know a Place that I can find a set of wide Thimbles for a DX8??? Mine are wore out and I use my thumbs so i would like a set that are a little bit wider. Thanks for any help that you guys can offer.
these look wide

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Transmitter-...item23188ec91a
Feb 13, 2013, 01:18 AM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Those are definitely wide!!

and there are a lot of stick ends out there, but for some reason a lot don't fit the DX8....why the heck did Spektrum make those different than other JR or Spektrum sticks?

SteveT.
Latest blog entry: My hangar...


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15482 Yesterday 11:08 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1182 Jun 21, 2017 12:39 AM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 05:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 17, 2009 11:23 PM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 12:09 AM