Jan 03, 2013, 01:59 PM
I run a throttle curve on most everything, electrics and gas. Each motor/engine is different but I try to get them as close in feel to eachother as possible. I want a smooth linear feel without any jumpiness at any point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robj
I thought most do it the other way. at least I'm adding expo to the gasser to closer match the electrics since the gasser has all that low end. And I have a lot more electrics. I've got mine set but haven't flown it yet. It'll probably freak me out the first couple times. I remember when I first added expo to the surfaces!
to remove ads between posts
Jan 03, 2013, 02:01 PM
The Twisted Elf
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
I don't let a sponsorship cloud my helping people I call friends. Sorry
Bought everyone of the DLE's I've owned, at the same price everyone one else pays. The first 2 DA's I owned, I paid the same price for them as everyone else does. Was never happy with the DLE 30, picked up a OS GT33 and the thing ran perfect(once you figure out the running backwards issue). That's my personal experience opinion. Some people appreciate me sharing, some don't.

I do let Chocolate milk cloud my mind though.
i love chocolate milk

,again its just preference on motor i have owned all of them and they all run great for me ,maybe its just where i live,because it seems that no matter what engine someone runs here they all run good
Jan 03, 2013, 02:17 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
I liked my DLE until it decided it didn't like me, or my two-flight-old 72 Extra. It ran great then didn't wanna run at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebwake
I run a throttle curve on most everything, electrics and gas. Each motor/engine is different but I try to get them as close in feel to eachother as possible. I want a smooth linear feel without any jumpiness at any point.
I had to set up a curve when I put the 4315-714 in my 57. It was insane at 1/4 throttle, made harrier/hover nearly impossible. It's all good now.
Jan 03, 2013, 02:25 PM
For what it is worth, the mintor 33's and 38's I have seen and flown are great. I have not owned one but the guy that purchaced my 74" edge put a mintor 38 on it and it was nuts. Very reliable too, he claimed that it never had a deadstick. I cant even say that about my DA-150.... but that was my fault for forgetting to hit my idle up switch and doing a poptop.
Jan 03, 2013, 02:43 PM
Back in the hobby- ALL in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m
If I were you I would search high and low for a used 50cc plane. I scored my 87 for 1100 rtf. Just add batteries, it was electric, but I've seen several gas engine deals in the similar range. 1100-1300 should easily get you a ready to fly 50cc plane. Then you can decide how much you like it, and if not, sell it and not lose much. If you do like it, but want a different airframe then you can always strip the gear and sell the bare airframe of whatever you buy and stuff the gear into something else, and still be cheaper.

Took me a few months to find the deal on the 87, but eventually they turn up. And in the denver area it should be even easier I would think!
Seems I'm in the exact same situation as DenverJayhawk. I have a 60" extra on the bench but flew a friends 72" AW yak a few weeks ago and after 10 seconds I was yelling at him (laughing) that he just cost me money. The bigger airframe (flying a 48" edge right now) was so much more solid and tracked so nicely. So, I'm looking hard for that used 30-50cc gas (leaning hard toward 50) plane rtf for about $1000-1500. I started looking a couple weeks ago. Good deals out there but the "LPU" line is the limiting factor an a bummer. I'm in the Northeast and the closest good deal so far was in OH! Any good sources in the New England region? I'd love a 70-90" gas extra Rx ready or rtf. I think I can fit it in my outback! Thanks.
Jan 03, 2013, 02:53 PM
doh!
You can fit a 50cc in your outback! I've got a Subaru WRX, 2009 5 door wagon, and it fits my 89" Slick in it nicely. The outback being even larger should be super easy to fit a 50cc in. I don't even have to take the stabs off. I do have to have the driver seat vertical, the passenger seat laid back all the way, and then I can work the tail in. Once in there I can set the drivers seat back to a comfortable position and drive easily. The spinner nearly touches my rear windshield, while the top of the rudder is about two inches from the front windshield. It takes up nearly the whole car! Can still fit another 60" plane in the back though.
Jan 03, 2013, 03:55 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith285
I don't let a sponsorship cloud my helping people I call friends. Sorry
Bought everyone of the DLE's I've owned, at the same price everyone one else pays. The first 2 DA's I owned, I paid the same price for them as everyone else does. Was never happy with the DLE 30, picked up a OS GT33 and the thing ran perfect(once you figure out the running backwards issue). That's my personal experience opinion. Some people appreciate me sharing, some don't.

I do let Chocolate milk cloud my mind though.
But what's in that chocolate milk???

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My old shop....
Jan 03, 2013, 03:59 PM
I AM Smiling
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveT.

SteveT
BOSCO (George/Seinfeld)
Jan 03, 2013, 03:59 PM
Old Dog learning new tricks~~
Quote:

SteveT
Kahlua make's good chocolate milk ~~ But it doesn't make my Planes fly better

O ya this is the Fanatics thead
Last edited by bradhoke08; Jan 03, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Jan 03, 2013, 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradhoke08
Kahlua make's good chocolate milk ~~ But it doesn't make my Planes fly better:
The first part was what I was wondering about....

That said....11:45 PM one night when my wife was pregnant with our son, she just "had" to have some Ovaltine....so out I go to get some....You ever tried finding a store that's open at midnight that carries Ovaltine??

SteveT
Jan 03, 2013, 04:36 PM
Wal Mart open 24 hours!
Jan 03, 2013, 05:10 PM
Not here....and there wasn't a Walmart around here at the time....

SteveT
Jan 03, 2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Not here....and there wasn't a Walmart around here at the time....

SteveT
I know...just in case anyone is reading this and was wondering where to get Ovaltine in the middle of the night.
Jan 03, 2013, 05:17 PM
No, I won't ship it. Don't ask
Any news of Bigfoot? Foamfoot?
Jan 03, 2013, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer
Any news of Bigfoot? Foamfoot?
Generally, the best place to check for updates on what's coming in and when is the 3DHS podcast.

I think we will be putting out an episode at least quarterly and as needed to make announcements.

I know we talk about Bigfoot and Foamfoot in both episodes. (if that's all you want to hear about, listen to the last quarter of episode 1 and episode 2 isn't too long so just listen to the whole thing.

Episode 1:
Direct Download:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/3dhobbysho..._Prototype.mp3

Episode 2:
Direct Download:
http://traffic.libsyn.com/3dhobbysho...y_Holidays.mp3

You can also find and subscribe to the show via itunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...st/id578740936

...or you can subscribe directly via the RSS feed:
http://3dhobbyshop.libsyn.com/rss
Latest blog entry: Czech Mate Motor/Cowl

Quick Reply