Thread Tools
Old Dec 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
a123 = LiFe chemistry.
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 10:00 AM
gregory.da is offline
Find More Posts by gregory.da
ProBro, 3D
gregory.da's Avatar
A123 Battery Technology

A123’s high-performance Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery technology delivers high power and energy density combined with excellent safety performance and extensive life cycling in a lighter weight, more compact package
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:25 PM
3DNater is offline
Find More Posts by 3DNater
3d NOOBular
3DNater's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
A123 Battery Technology

A123’s high-performance Nanophosphate® lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) battery technology delivers high power and energy density combined with excellent safety performance and extensive life cycling in a lighter weight, more compact package
http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...h-2s-life.html

Same chemistry. A123 are great and probably have achieved the highest discharge rate out of anyone but the basic chemical composition is the same as all the other people producing LiFe packs.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 05:43 PM
DaaBears is offline
Find More Posts by DaaBears
Santi
DaaBears's Avatar
Are the fromeco lion packs similar?
Old Dec 10, 2012, 06:12 PM
Balsa Breaker is offline
Find More Posts by Balsa Breaker
Registered User
Balsa Breaker's Avatar
I can tell you my Gens Ace 4S 2650 have about 65 cycles on them and they are getting a little weak. I have had a 4S 4000 go bad after 20 cycles.
Old Dec 10, 2012, 11:04 PM
goflyhighrc is offline
Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Breaker View Post
I can tell you my Gens Ace 4S 2650 have about 65 cycles on them and they are getting a little weak. I have had a 4S 4000 go bad after 20 cycles.
I just got some Gen Ace 6s 5300 mah's I sure hope they go alot farther than 20-60 cycles The most I ever paid for lipo were these, $120.00 a pop. I've used $65 Zippys and have pretty happy with them, just trying to not buy from HK.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:45 AM
3Daddict is offline
Find More Posts by 3Daddict
Addicted to 3DHS and EF
3Daddict's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
I just got some Gen Ace 6s 5300 mah's I sure hope they go alot farther than 20-60 cycles The most I ever paid for lipo were these, $120.00 a pop. I've used $65 Zippys and have pretty happy with them, just trying to not buy from HK.
get yourself some hiyin batteries. they are great and are fairly cheap. been using them all year and not one has gone bad, and I fly a lot. My average flights a day are 25, and sometimes I am at the field every day if the weather is good. So I use them a lot and have not had one fail yet.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:51 AM
gregory.da is offline
Find More Posts by gregory.da
ProBro, 3D
gregory.da's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc View Post
I just got some Gen Ace 6s 5300 mah's I sure hope they go alot farther than 20-60 cycles The most I ever paid for lipo were these, $120.00 a pop. I've used $65 Zippys and have pretty happy with them, just trying to not buy from HK.
Ouch, they were back in stock last week, and I picked another Gen Ace 6s 5300 at Hobbypartz for $77 on sale. Now they are $119 and out of stock again. Must have sold like hot potatoes. My 1st one has 50+ flights and still going as strong as when new.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:23 AM
goflyhighrc is offline
Find More Posts by goflyhighrc
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory.da View Post
Ouch, they were back in stock last week, and I picked another Gen Ace 6s 5300 at Hobbypartz for $77 on sale. Now they are $119 and out of stock again. Must have sold like hot potatoes. My 1st one has 50+ flights and still going as strong as when new.
Missed that sale, dang ! When I bought mine I think they were $119 on sale regular price $133.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:26 AM
robj is offline
Find More Posts by robj
Registered User
robj's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balsa Breaker View Post
I can tell you my Gens Ace 4S 2650 have about 65 cycles on them and they are getting a little weak. I have had a 4S 4000 go bad after 20 cycles.
Sounds about right...at least mine did that.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:29 AM
Ace4 is offline
Find More Posts by Ace4
Stick banger
Ace4's Avatar
Most of my Gens Ace packs are in the 50-60 cycle range with no signs of losing power. A couple of my 3s450 packs have lost power, but I abuse them since they're so cheap.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:32 AM
joshet89 is offline
Find More Posts by joshet89
MD1 HACK
joshet89's Avatar
So whats the current favorite prop for you DA60 guys?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:48 AM
skippy78 is online now
Find More Posts by skippy78
Registered User
skippy78's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshet89 View Post
So whats the current favorite prop for you DA60 guys?
I know some are using a 24x9 falcon carbon.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:44 PM
hosam is offline
Find More Posts by hosam
Registered User
hosam's Avatar
24x9 falcon carbon
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:01 PM
kellyzo6 is offline
Find More Posts by kellyzo6
Registered User
kellyzo6's Avatar
Vess carbon stealth 24B.


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Racing Boats - Electric 15188 Yesterday 08:15 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1168 Nov 30, 2016 01:46 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 95 Feb 14, 2013 09:36 AM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 01:09 AM