3DHS Fanatics! - Page 660 - RC Groups
Thread Tools
Oct 31, 2012, 10:09 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcfab
HA!!!! You're showing our age.

On another note......Your replies to questions have ALWAYS been well thought out, accurate and usually supported by backup documentation. How could anyone with a clue get pi$$ed about that????

Please continue to be an avid supporter of these threads and this hobby.

Thanks,

Jeff
Thank you Jeff!!

I was always told if you can't dazzle em with your brilliance, baffle them with your B.S......

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Nov 01, 2012, 12:58 AM
Registered User
hertzrepkeith's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly
halloween2012

10% off at 3dhs for halloween

Offer good October 31 thru November 3
I ordered a new plane 2 hours before the sale huh Golyflyer!
Last edited by hertzrepkeith; Nov 01, 2012 at 01:06 AM.
Nov 02, 2012, 08:51 PM
Pounding the Kool-Aid
Kurtzz's Avatar
I am trying to bind my 59" Slick to my brand spanking new DX8. I have about 50 flights on the 59 using my old DX7 with an AR7000 DSM2 receiver. It will actually bind and power the control surfaces in their center position but the transmitter sticks will not make the surfaces move at all. Same with motor...no spinny. I have reset the model in the DX8 several times and made sure it was transmitting in DSM2 and not DSMX. I have set up my 38" Slick, 42" Slick, a Habu 2 and a Trex 450SE V2 with the DX8 not a problem. Maybe my 59 is just pissed that I would switch transmitters on it and refuses to cooperate.

Help please

Kurtzz
Nov 02, 2012, 09:08 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
SteveT.'s Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtzz
I am trying to bind my 59" Slick to my brand spanking new DX8. I have about 50 flights on the 59 using my old DX7 with an AR7000 DSM2 receiver. It will actually bind and power the control surfaces in their center position but the transmitter sticks will not make the surfaces move at all. Same with motor...no spinny. I have reset the model in the DX8 several times and made sure it was transmitting in DSM2 and not DSMX. I have set up my 38" Slick, 42" Slick, a Habu 2 and a Trex 450SE V2 with the DX8 not a problem. Maybe my 59 is just pissed that I would switch transmitters on it and refuses to cooperate.

Help please

Kurtzz
Are you getting a solid orange light on the receiver(s), or are they flashing?

SteveT
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Nov 02, 2012, 09:23 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtzz
I am trying to bind my 59" Slick to my brand spanking new DX8. I have about 50 flights on the 59 using my old DX7 with an AR7000 DSM2 receiver. It will actually bind and power the control surfaces in their center position but the transmitter sticks will not make the surfaces move at all. Same with motor...no spinny. I have reset the model in the DX8 several times and made sure it was transmitting in DSM2 and not DSMX. I have set up my 38" Slick, 42" Slick, a Habu 2 and a Trex 450SE V2 with the DX8 not a problem. Maybe my 59 is just pissed that I would switch transmitters on it and refuses to cooperate.

Help please

Kurtzz
What's the PID of the dx8 in the battery compartment? Is it one of the ones in the product bulletin on HH's website?
Nov 02, 2012, 09:26 PM
Team Hillbilly
tominator06's Avatar
Kurt try setting up another new model and see if it will bind to that? Do you have some sort of high speed servo setting enabled on regular servos? Just throwing ideas out there
Nov 02, 2012, 09:33 PM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
zmonster97's Avatar
Oh! And by the way, you don't need to set it to dsm2 mode if the rx is dsm2. In dsmx mode it will still bind to dsm2 receivers but will bind in dsmx mode if the rx is capable of dsmx. When you set it to dsm2 mode, you are forcing the radio to bind in dsm2 mode, even if the rx is dsmx capable.
Nov 02, 2012, 10:04 PM
Pounding the Kool-Aid
Kurtzz's Avatar
Recievers are solid orange and have tried new models. I think I'm going to quit screwing with it tonight, charge up the 42" Slick and the Habu 2 for in the morning. It's strange that it would be giving me problems, but come to think of it the ESC is not arming the motor either. All I am getting are 4 tones when I plug the battery in the Ice 100 in, no tones that tell me the Scorpion is ready.

Kurtzz
Nov 02, 2012, 10:21 PM
doh!
ryan_m's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtzz
Recievers are solid orange and have tried new models. I think I'm going to quit screwing with it tonight, charge up the 42" Slick and the Habu 2 for in the morning. It's strange that it would be giving me problems, but come to think of it the ESC is not arming the motor either. All I am getting are 4 tones when I plug the battery in the Ice 100 in, no tones that tell me the Scorpion is ready.

Kurtzz
bring that rx tomorrow, we can try binding it to my dsmx capable 9503 and see if it works with that tx. And Landon will have his dx8 too, we can try binding to his dx8 maybe as well.
Nov 03, 2012, 06:43 PM
Pounding the Kool-Aid
Kurtzz's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurtzz
Recievers are solid orange and have tried new models. I think I'm going to quit screwing with it tonight, charge up the 42" Slick and the Habu 2 for in the morning. It's strange that it would be giving me problems, but come to think of it the ESC is not arming the motor either. All I am getting are 4 tones when I plug the battery in the Ice 100 in, no tones that tell me the Scorpion is ready.

Kurtzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan_m
bring that rx tomorrow, we can try binding it to my dsmx capable 9503 and see if it works with that tx. And Landon will have his dx8 too, we can try binding to his dx8 maybe as well.
Got it fixed, popped a JR 9 CH in it and worked first time. Spektrum DX7 and AR 7000 heading to the shop.

Kurtzz
Nov 03, 2012, 06:52 PM
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
A guy at our field has a ZDZ 50 CC and Rexcell Ignition. When the ignition wire is near or touching the muffler and he throttles up the controls surfaces go crazy. When he centers the ignition wire between the mufflers all is normal. He's using a Specktrum 2.4 reciever. We tried disconecting the throttle servo lead from the reciever and operate the throttle by hand and it does the same thing. Also disconnected his choke servo from the reciever, making no differance. Anyone have a cure for his ills?
Nov 03, 2012, 07:03 PM
Flying Half Pound and Down
DaOldGuy's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
A guy at our field has a ZDZ 50 CC and Rexcell Ignition. When the ignition wire is near or touching the muffler and he throttles up the controls surfaces go crazy. When he centers the ignition wire between the mufflers all is normal. He's using a Specktrum 2.4 reciever. We tried disconecting the throttle servo lead from the reciever and operate the throttle by hand and it does the same thing. Also disconnected his choke servo from the reciever, making no differance. Anyone have a cure for his ills?
Try relocating the Ignition and Ign Bat away from all other wiring, maybe put it all in the muffler tunnel.
Nov 04, 2012, 09:06 AM
Team 3DHS / Team JR
Bivens's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by goflyhighrc
A guy at our field has a ZDZ 50 CC and Rexcell Ignition. When the ignition wire is near or touching the muffler and he throttles up the controls surfaces go crazy. When he centers the ignition wire between the mufflers all is normal. He's using a Specktrum 2.4 reciever. We tried disconecting the throttle servo lead from the reciever and operate the throttle by hand and it does the same thing. Also disconnected his choke servo from the reciever, making no differance. Anyone have a cure for his ills?
Are you running a "good" plug like a CM6?

Barring that, I'd suggest that it's something in that ignition and attempt swapping it out to see if the problem goes away. I've never had trouble from DA or DLE ignitions like that.....like it is making a lot more noise than "normal".
Nov 04, 2012, 10:11 AM
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bivens
Are you running a "good" plug like a CM6?

Barring that, I'd suggest that it's something in that ignition and attempt swapping it out to see if the problem goes away. I've never had trouble from DA or DLE ignitions like that.....like it is making a lot more noise than "normal".

It's a buddy's plane, this is the second ignition he's tried.
Last edited by goflyhighrc; Nov 04, 2012 at 01:06 PM.
Nov 05, 2012, 06:27 PM
Just go with the flow
goflyhighrc's Avatar

Nice turn around by AJ


Been trying the turn around AJ does at the 1:57 mark, man it's pretty but I can't seem to get it. Would anyone know or fiqure out the stick movements for it?




71slick01.wmv (3 min 37 sec)


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Unofficial NQD Tear Into Jet Boat Mod Thread Energy Jet Drive Boats 15840 Nov 15, 2017 06:26 PM
Discussion Banana Hobby Customer Support Request/Q and A Thread! banana hobby Banana Hobby 1192 Oct 17, 2017 07:26 PM
Discussion The Official AirWare Q&A Thread AndyKunz Radios 104 Dec 29, 2016 06:18 PM
Discussion THE FIRST UNOFFICIAL Parkzone Sukhoi mods thread!!!! bluemeane Micro Ready-to-Fly 27 Aug 18, 2009 12:23 AM
Megatech H2O unofficial thread and first rewiew. grk65 Racing Boats - Electric 7 Mar 05, 2007 01:09 AM